What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

7 hours ago, Suica said:

This one was long overdue.

Looks good, I've been tempted to get one myself dispite having taken the bus rather than the NEX. Does this train come with the tilting feature like some other kato models?

28 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

Looks good, I've been tempted to get one myself dispite having taken the bus rather than the NEX. Does this train come with the tilting feature like some other kato models?

No, it doesn't as the real thing is not a tilting train.

My very first Hobby Search order arrived today, mainly layout building materials but there is also a Kumaden 6000 Series as well as nobody can follow just one 3rd sector railway can they. I will give it to Hobby Search they have a far wider variety of track and detail parts compared to AmiAmi. 

2E4D8B3E-B048-469F-85F4-3A485E8795B6.jpeg

• Like 5

Small pile of couplings and Cassiopeia end fairings arrived. Which probably means I'll get a ransom demand soon for the Hokutosei 3 car set!

Still no sign of the coaches I ordered from Plaza Japan and it's over a week later than the estimated delivery window. I've had problems with stuff not arriving from them before so I don't want to go asking for a refund too soon in case they think I'm trying to con them.

14 minutes ago, Welshbloke said:

Small pile of couplings and Cassiopeia end fairings arrived. Which probably means I'll get a ransom demand soon for the Hokutosei 3 car set!

Still no sign of the coaches I ordered from Plaza Japan and it's over a week later than the estimated delivery window. I've had problems with stuff not arriving from them before so I don't want to go asking for a refund too soon in case they think I'm trying to con them.

Same here buddy.Last order arrived a week later than expected,but then my last order from mtp also took longer than usual.

I m waiting for a small order now from plaza which is due on 3rd,next Tuesday,so we ll see.

i just wonder if it’s the Japanese post or our customs,I know which my money would be on!😂😂👍

Don't think it's Japan Post. Even during natural disasters, my shipments have always left Japan within the usual 2-3 day time period. My delay is in the destination country for whatever mysterious reason they might have, with the newest record being 2.5 months for an e-Packet.

22 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

Don't think it's Japan Post. Even during natural disasters, my shipments have always left Japan within the usual 2-3 day time period. My delay is in the destination country for whatever mysterious reason they might have, with the newest record being 2.5 months for an e-Packet.

Neither do I,my money would be on our customs every time mate 😂😂😂👍

my good friend serotta1972 posted me a parcel,now bear in mind he paid extra for faster delivery,it arrived in uk after four days but it was the eleventh day before I got the letter to go collect it and pay the ransom demand!! 

Hey,I’m not complaining here either,I ve accepted that’s the way things are when we buy from abroad,I m just saying I ve experienced the same issues,but then I’ve no doubt we all have at some time.

Sometimes I think it’s just the luck of the draw to e honest👍👍😀

Well, the box of couplings was dispatched about two weeks later than the coaches, presumably sent via the same route and arrived this morning. Apparently I have 180 days to open a dispute so if nothing turns up by the end of October I'll start being awkward!

Here's the Cassiopeia with new fairings attached. There are enough to do the whole twelve coach train, need to order the other six!

Edited by Welshbloke
Added photo
  • Like 4

Mmmm. I've to agree with Pauljag900, might be customs holding it. 

I do buy things from Plaza Japan and never had problems with them.

But I never spend more than £15, so customs never delay or ransom me for extra money. 😂😂😂

• Like 1

I actually had a similar problem a while back, one item got here in two weeks and the other took almost two months.  Sometimes the shipping gets delayed or misplaced, I'd give it a week or two before contacting them.  If the item had tracking that will help you out a lot more, as without tracking there's not a whole lot they can do other than wait.

Somewhat astonishingly the three car pack for the Hokutosei turned up without a demand today! Parcel also contained the missing parts for the EF81 and the one-off TN coupler for the Cassiopeia lounge car.

Now waiting for the five from Plaza and another couple of orders from Hobbysearch.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, JR 500系 said:

Nice! Is the secret variant in there? 

No just the standard 1 of each. I’m always slightly dubious of the secret variant. If it had been an old style truck or something not relevant to the series I would’ve been a bit miffed. The main draw for me was the little single container trucks, as I see lots of those around.

1 hour ago, Kamome said:

No just the standard 1 of each. I’m always slightly dubious of the secret variant. If it had been an old style truck or something not relevant to the series I would’ve been a bit miffed. The main draw for me was the little single container trucks, as I see lots of those around.

I also got the vol.11 truck collection. It's a very nice set. I was sold on the 5t containers too! No secret truck for me either. The collection book cases are nice but are a very tight fit. Good that there are spaces for fingers.

2 hours ago, Kamome said:

15 minutes ago, Ultratram said:

I also got the vol.11 truck collection. It's a very nice set. I was sold on the 5t containers too! No secret truck for me either. The collection book cases are nice but are a very tight fit. Good that there are spaces for fingers.

I have this collection coming as well and for the same reason, I wanted the little single container trucks. Probably won't see mine for a few more weeks, went with SAL shipping and there is talk of a Canada Post strike, my luck...haha

3 hours ago, Kamome said:

I see... the secret variant is probably one of the 2 models featured; i.e. the shorter container truck or the mid size box truck... It wouldn't be an old style truck since there is no old style truck in this collection... 

Am I the only one who is not sold on the 5ton container trucks but more sold on the box trucks?  🙂

Are the containers on the Tomytec trucks interchangeable with the standard Tomix/Kato/etc sort? Might look for a couple as scenery and for some more variety in containers.

1 hour ago, Welshbloke said:

Are the containers on the Tomytec trucks interchangeable with the standard Tomix/Kato/etc sort? Might look for a couple as scenery and for some more variety in containers.

I should think so, and this video confirms: (drag to 12:35)

And it seems the secret variant is a yellow 5T container truck:

i-img1024x768-1537787417gq4rtd332014.jpg

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 5

That’s not that bad I suppose but which one would you miss out on to get the secret variant?

I had a brief look in Hakata Poppondetta today and they had labeled each individual box so you knew what you’re getting. All of the Runtec trucks had gone. 

They were also having a 10% off for those with JR Kyushu credit cards and as I’m weak and I used the excuse of early birthday present , this happened.

I know there’s a slight printing issue on one side of the SuHaTe 35 where the destination board is not quite in the right place. Kato have issued a recall and will send a replacement car and I’m in two minds whether to bother. I wouldn’t have noticed had they not released an announcement about it. 

I’m more unsure whether I add red or black number plates to D51 200. It’s very well modeled with some nice additional details and finely painted gold and white piping. Sorry iPhone doesn’t handle macro particularly well.

07E03C18-5B5E-4333-8091-0868E1580674.jpeg

FBAAB852-E850-41D0-A360-8956266231CE.jpeg

• Like 10

I have the truck collection coming as well (was a long term pre-order so allowed to stay with the moratorium 🙂  ).  Thanks for showing it!  I am getting excited.   Mine has not shipped yet as it was part of a larger order on which there was one last item being waited on, and for which today I got a notice that it was delayed, so I just moved that item (recombination) into my October pre-order so they should get it shipped asap.  Excited!

Oh no greenmax just released a bunch of 103s for preorder. I made a pass on the pre-assembled green nara line 4 car set which stopped taking preorders on HS. Sorta glad I waited for the assembly kit. Since the pre-colored kit is a JAN release I let myself order it. Still no new trains from June, just the preorders I've had for the year. But now they are going to realease 201s also...... 

Case arrived for the Fuji:

The EF81 is a bit tight for headroom but not enough to resort to cutting the foam. I think this may be a special edition of some sort, so if you need a small seven-slot case have a look sooner rather than later. I may buy a matching six slot if I expand to the full twelve car Fuji/Hayabusa.

• Like 4

And the four OHaNe 15s arrived, about a week earlier than expected!

I will be ordering another six or seven car box in the hope of acquiring the other six coaches to fill both realistically, as it turns out I have half of the Fuji and half of the Hayabusa here.

• Like 2