What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

My final KoKi 106 arrived along with the containers. So I just ordered a pack of 19Ds to finish loading the set.

Also went a bit mad with Tomix sleepers. Now have three OHaNe 25-100s and a couple of OHaNeFu 25-200s on order in Hokutosei gold stripe livery, along with the two silver stripe OHaNeFu 25-100s I need to finish the Asakaze. Not sure what my chances are of finding the two packs of coaches to complete the Hokutosei, but those five should look the part behind the EF81.

4 hours ago, gavino200 said:

I'm very tempted to buy this, just for that one tiny police car.

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/v575916898

The secret variant... Usually more expensive on its own... I have it, but I don't really think it's worth it to buy one whole box for just that car? The rest of the cars are nice though... I really like this car set over the rest of the cars which I find it very attractive... 

• Thanks 1

You could look out for the Tomytec F1 set instead if you’re just after a compact police car. This one has a Mazda Demio instead of a Nissan Micra/MarchB3D97C66-76E7-4EA2-A971-531746EBC8C3.thumb.jpeg.766399a782cb12744ea451ac4bd5d414.jpeg

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

The secret variant... Usually more expensive on its own... I have it, but I don't really think it's worth it to buy one whole box for just that car? The rest of the cars are nice though... I really like this car set over the rest of the cars which I find it very attractive... 

Thanks. That's a great site. I didn't know they were all listed like that on the Tomytec site. 

22 minutes ago, Kamome said:

You could look out for the Tomytec F1 set instead if you’re just after a compact police car. This one has a Mazda Demio instead of a Nissan Micra/March

Thanks. That set would be great. Finding it won't be super easy though.

49 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Well, not exactly. To tell you the truth, i too am very tempted by this set!

If you like, we could share? I really don't need the police car, but would LOVE that 7-11 one...

Sure. I'm in. If it's only the 7-11 car you're interested in, then I could buy it and send you the 7-11 car. You can send me a Tomytec car in exchange. Or just buy it from me for a quarter the price of the set. 

Edit: Holy crap!!! That's not just an auction site. It's like an aggregator of all the auction sites. So one search, searches all sites? Wow!

Edited by gavino200
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, gavino200 said:

Sure. I'm in. If it's only the 7-11 car you're interested in, then I could buy it and send you the 7-11 car. You can send me a Tomytec car in exchange. Or just buy it from me for a quarter the price of the set. 

Edit: Holy crap!!! That's not just an auction site. It's like an aggregator of all the auction sites. So one search, searches all sites? Wow!

Welcome to the crazy tempting and deep dark web of Yahoo Auctions haha ~~ 

Sure! I'll drop you a PM to work something out... 

6 hours ago, gavino200 said:

I'd also really like one of these undercover cop cars. It's a little pricey, but it's probably quite rare.

https://zenmarket.jp/amazonproduct.aspx?itemCode=B077VW313T

Let me check my car garage, I might have some undercover cop cars 'undercover' in there ! (pun intended ~) 

• Like 1

After paying the ransom demand the pair of OHaNeFu 25-100s were released, and the Asakaze is finished. TN couplers for the loco are still somewhere in the postal system having been overtaken by the coaches.

I swapped a couple of coach bodies around and removed the tail light boards from the coaches within the set, so this train now has LED tail lights at both ends. The spare incandescent bulb PCBs will go in the Hokutosei coaches for now, assuming they have the spaces but no bulbs fitted (probable as they were labelled as add-ons for a boxed set and intended to run within the train).

Now if I could just work out why my Hokutosei EF81 was last recorded somewhere near London five days ago and hasn't moved since. It's being shipped within the UK so there's no excuse!

• Like 1

Got this box from Hobby Search, mostly to get my hands on another Niigata Kotsu Moha 11 and for the 1600s Odakyu Line.

IMG_20180906_194907.thumb.jpg.5bc6d21f6b15f948457f18f9df3edc01.jpg

And to my surprise, also get the Moha 1105 chase item. I have to say, I always thought the secret item was in fact the unpainted (car-train-truck) wich came on the corresponding case of the collection. So it was a nice surprise.

IMG_20180906_195029.thumb.jpg.bce70c3a386cc4b8bf17a28feff197d5.jpg

Martin

Edited by valkyriepm
  • Like 5

With the exception of the Kiha 110 sound card, it has been a Sanko Line kind of day. Why buy one Uzui Station at half the price when you can buy two for twice the price 😉

IMG_5553.JPG

• Like 9
15 hours ago, valkyriepm said:

Got this box from Hobby Search, mostly to get my hands on another Niigata Kotsu Moha 11 and for the 1600s Odakyu Line.

Nice! Are you planning on getting the full Tomytec Niigata Kotsu collection? There's just four other cars in order to have the full roster after all.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Densha said:

Nice! Are you planning on getting the full Tomytec Niigata Kotsu collection? There's just four other cars in order to have the full roster after all.

I would love to! But saddly it's getting really hard for me to get my hands on other models, tho. Just keep hoping for Tomytec to re-release the other as stand-alone.

Martin

My Panda Kuroshio Smile Adventure Train 6 Car Set has finally arrived ^_^

It's come today while I'm at work so can't run it until tomorrow, but I love the way it looks. The art on the box is great too ^_^ 

• Like 1
scotspensioner
35 minutes ago, TimWay4 said:

My Panda Kuroshio Smile Adventure Train 6 Car Set has finally arrived ^_^

It's come today while I'm at work so can't run it until tomorrow, but I love the way it looks. The art on the box is great too ^_^ 

Mine arrived as well  .Absolutely Stunning to look at but I had to do a repair job on it as it appears to have had a tough trip from Japan but it's now running!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, scotspensioner said:

Mine arrived as well  .Absolutely Stunning to look at but I had to do a repair job on it as it appears to have had a tough trip from Japan but it's now running!

Was yours from TrainTrax? had the window on the trailing car come loose?

scotspensioner
13 minutes ago, TimWay4 said:

Was yours from TrainTrax? had the window on the trailing car come loose?

Yes to both questions .In addition the power coach bogies had become detached and the drive shafts were loose and to complete the story an axle had come adrift on two of the inner coaches.

I've now been able to fix it all and test the motor coach - it was the fiddly one because of replacing the drive shafts into the fly wheel.

Everything now in order.

In passing my very first Kato train was an E231 and it too had a motor coach bogie which had come adrift but it came from Osborns about five years ago

Ordered all the bits to fix the EF81, the unique TN coupler for the Cassiopeia lounge car, and the 98268 three pack of Hokutosei coaches from Hobbysearch. Now waiting to see whether Paypal pre-approved payment works, as I've had nothing but an auto "order received" email so far.

55 minutes ago, katoftw said:

If you have looked out a shinkansen windows. Chance are you have seen this sign a million time over.

aahh you got this ~ I was wondering all the time, what is the thing with this 727 cosmetics? Is it a big brand in Japan?