What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

6 hours ago, katoftw said:

That is a large gap between purchases. In a coma?

Haha I wish.

One word. Kids.

• Haha 4
Das Steinkopf
On 26 August 2018 at 12:51 AM, Welshbloke said:

Second KoKi arrived, a 106 this time:

There will eventually be a Seino UC-7 container in the middle, although I'm not sure whether those are still in use?

The UC7's are still used by Seino but most of them have been refurbished and painted in the Dark Blue livery with the Yellow band, there are still however some floating around in the old Tan livery like the ones in Tomix 3105 and would make an awesome weathering project given the rather decrepit state they are in, mind you some the repainted ones look pretty filthy themselves. UC7-10890 which is in the Tomix 3105 pack no longer wears the old livery and is now in the new livery. 

420e70b9.jpg

fd17e872.jpg

The loco and KoKi pack finally arrived!

Picked the loco number at random from the options in the box. Now waiting for the final KoKi 106 and the Seino containers, then I'll probably order some 19Ds to complete the loading. As long as they wore that livery around the same time as the rest of my collection ran it's fine by me, I'm just after a train which matches the EF210 in time period.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Waisneed said:

My next E231 has arrived!

Thanks to @JR 500系. Arrived save.

Great to hear they arrived safely, hope you like the trains as much as I did! Thanks again! 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, comeng84 said:

Haha I wish.

One word. Kids.

Haha ~ Squid san has a really good solution to this!   😛  

Bring your kids into the hobby! And the Mrs cant say No now!  🙂

Edited by JR 500系
1 hour ago, JR 500系 said:

Haha ~ Squid san has a really good solution to this!   😛  

Bring your kids into the hobby! And the Mrs cant say No now!  🙂

It does admittedly help that "kids" is singular here and we live in Japan where it's perfectly normal for children to be interested in trains 😉

• Like 1
1 hour ago, railsquid said:

It does admittedly help that "kids" is singular here and we live in Japan where it's perfectly normal for children to be interested in trains 😉

Not singular, I bet mrs squid thinks it plural “kids”

jeff

• Haha 1

A little bit of Unitram (S62s and additional turnout cables) so I can finish the Unitram layout. Should be a busy Labour Day weekend working on the layout

IMG_6524  1024  x 768.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Star trains! Not seen many for years now, but the 6 cars from set 2 came on ebay and got them for $3 each! I have all of these but they are so hard to find I grabbed them. They are fun and nicely detailed display models. Been meaning to make s small display of them to take to train shows.

jeff

ps anyone want the candys?

12501F16-4447-4E6F-B2A6-4ED1B69B61E2.jpeg

• Like 5

Those are really cool Jeff! Are they plastic model kits you have to build yourself (like Gundam) or ready to display models? They look mighty interesting! 

Yes they are small display kits. Basicaly just like a btrain shorty in how they pop together and come with a piece of plastic track like a Tomytec train and equivalent in quality to btrains and shorties (kind of a fuision of both). They only did end cars. I think there were like 6 sets of 6 done over a year or so. They were convenience store “prizes” you got with buying the piece of “candy” (usually a piece of chalk life saver) to avoid taxes. I think they were 200yen in the store. They were around maybe almost a decade ago and have been pretty much out of circulation on ebay for a long time now. An importers brought a few over to the states and for some reason way back many sets showed up for sale in Singapore of all places (maybe imported there and didn’t sell and sold on Ebay?). I usually picked them up for $2-4 each shipped on ebay, but the few that have shown up in the last few years are usually like $10-20 that I’ve passed on (had them in the collection already.)

i think I have them all, I need to pull out the box and take some pictures of them. Great desk toys! Also wanted to make a nice designy Wall display for them.

Cheers

jeff

A0BD36B3-6C5D-491C-A798-50B27046C013.jpeg

• Like 4

Hey Jeff they look great! And they are not expensive which really makes them a great table display, or like you mention, great for train shows with children! 

I'm amazed to see the interior is also fitted with seats like a true N scale! That would perhaps open up the option of lighting up the train to make it even nicer?  🙂  Don't know about that candy though... haha ~ never did amass enough courage to eat it... 

Just ordered some couplings from Yodobashi Camera (as I am stuck at home for various reasons), the website claims they can be delivered by 9pm (in less than 10 hours), let's wait and see 😄

1 hour ago, railsquid said:

Just ordered some couplings from Yodobashi Camera (as I am stuck at home for various reasons), the website claims they can be delivered by 9pm (in less than 10 hours), let's wait and see 😄

ご注文商品出荷のお知らせ

Well it's packed and is ready for delivery...

• Like 1

Not a chance of that happening over here mate,best you can hope for is next day and then it costs extra!!

i use a model shop in Blackpool and if you order before 2pm it arrives next day,the best bit is no matter what you order it s a standard £2.99 per order,not item.

2 hours ago, railsquid said:

Estimated arrival time 17:45.

And it arrived at 17:43, though it's still sitting out in the post box until the Squidlet has gone to bed.

Not that I need it the stuff that quickly... Still, beats the old days of sending a cheque off in the post and waiting up to 28 days for delivery.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

MicroAce JR 215 series (2nd Edition)

DmAe5_OWwAEzS2N.thumb.jpg.cd650477243da9fe1ffd4c801c5327cf.jpg

I actually didn't want to order any more trains at the moment since there's already so much on the way here. However, when this one popped up at a German store for less than the original price I couldn't resist. I always wanted this train but it seems to be one of those models where the prices just go up. All the used models I saw in Japanese stores (which were maybe like two or three) were priced at 30k and more. 

I just keep telling myself that it's an two week early birthday present to myself. Makes me feel better about it.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Thanks to Parcelforce and UK customs holding my package safe for an extra 2 weeks to keep it safe and charging for the honour, I can start on the next bit of landscape. 

Edited by Drunkenclam
Changed pictute
3 minutes ago, Drunkenclam said:

Thanks to Parcelforce and UK customs holding my package safe for an extra 2 weeks to keep it safe and charging for the honour, I can start on the next bit of landscape. 

20180901_140304.thumb.jpg.d5eccf7a24e6ca4002df428ada98e514.jpg

The picture isn't working. The suspense is killing me!

Edit: it's working now. Very nice. Those trees are beautiful! That's also a cool tiled floor you have!

Edited by gavino200