What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Yeah, I saw the Plaza Japan listing when it appeared (30 seconds a day checking Plaza's new listings makes for good enjoyment). Now I have to figure out if I really have the guts to shell out that kind of money for 3 cars that will likely never be converted to DCC. I've got a similar worry about the upcoming C62 Tsubame + passenger set rerelease, both of which break the Modern+JR East+Commuter/Express+EM13 DCC pattern I'm trying to set for future purchases (already have all the steam stuff I need for my layout-in-progress except for some brakes cars)

disturbman

... TGV and ICE to go from Paris to Berlin .... package of seven train sets

Poor you!  :grin

Yes, I know.  :grin I wouldn't like to be myself.  :laugh:

Popondetta came through--so now I'm waiting for a 6-car Kato "Panorama Express Alps" set. Not a bad deal for ¥5600. :-)

800px-JNR_panoramaexpress_alps.jpg

The last thing I "needed" for my Japanese layout idea was a "joyful train," and this should do nicely.

Scott you paid 5600yen for this set!! I don't even want to tell you what I paid for mine.  :BangHead:

Now waiting for the power unit and pantograph for my Tomytec Niigata kumoha-thing. (Thanks Bill for the help figuring this out.)

• Like 1

Two old-stock station kits--a Revell modern-ish station and an Arnold "flag stop"--for kitbashing purposes.

Also (off topic), three new Kato SBB coaches for $12 each!

Finally got the nerve to go to the customs to rescue my Japanese package from their hands. Personal belongings?! No question asked, I was out of there in less than 5 minutes and I hadn't to pay taxes. I love it.

So now, my collection has more than doubled in size and I've got this new items:

- 781 Series, Doraemon Train

- 783 Series, Limited Express Ariaki

- 713 Series, Miyazaki Sunshine

- Kiha 140, Limited Express Hayato no Kaze

- Kiha 71, Limited Express Yufuin no Mori

- Kiha 261-1000, Limite Express Super Tokachi

- JR 10 Series, Express Hakkoda (Basic Set)

post-156-13569924951815_thumb.jpg

Wow, that's a nice bunch of sets there, Vince...

I just ordered the orange and yellow Portrams from HS, since they're down to Y840 now. Motor units are out of stock, but no big deal--I'll just wait for a good price on those.

So Scott, I am curious. What was the rating on the item, and when you received it, how would you describe it?

I wish I could remember the exact rating, but it must been A or A-; I wasn't comfortable going under that. It appears basically new in person. I haven't been able to test it yet (too much work debris on the layout), but I'll post again once we try it out.

Wow, that's a nice bunch of sets there, Vince...

Thanks, I can't do anything else than agree with this statement. I really love those trains. They all have something special.

Jeez, Y10,000 for the Super Tokachi set - nice!

Well, there is a reason for that, one of the head/tail light doesn't work. I don't really care but I wonder if I can repair it.

Just reserved the re-release of the Microace Rapit 50000.  Nik's wanted one of these since he was about 5 or 6.  Looks like it'll be in right before Christmas so I'll have to hustle to get DCC installed.

10037236a.jpg

My Toshiba steeplecab loco arrived today, and it's rather nice. It will run using normal 2-rail pickup, or via the pantograph, and has an 8-pin plug for DCC. It's silky smooth, very quiet, and quite powerful. The detail and finish is excellent. I'm very happy with my new loco!  :grin

4705785749_8abce48a3e_b.jpg

Cheers,

Mark.

Oooh, HS 50% off shipping cost made me spend a lot of money that I don't have :(

Rolling stock + equipment

12m Tomytec mules x 4

Pantographs to match x 2

Power cars to match x 2

(didn't bother ordering steel wheels, the other two carriages are 'scrap')

Scenery

Tomytec Town Collection R3 (12 buildings)

Tomytec Post Office + Drug Shop 1

Tomytec Clock Shop + Bottle Shop 2

Tomytec Barbers / Photo Gallery 2

The Human col. Showa A

The Human col. Showa B

Yeah, going down Showa-era Big-time! *Focussing on small-town mid/late-eighties scenery :cool:

P.s. @marknewton: that's an awesome buy! If I were still into H0, I'd have bought that one as well probably (though probably in basic livery and painted it black). Looks like an excellent model! I hope it has some weight as well to boost.

My pocket book is feeling more pain.  Modemo is releasing the Meitetsu 510/520 scarlet color 2-car train again in July.  Just what I need.  But at least the pain is 20% off and shipping is 50% off!!   :laugh:

HW has 26% off though: https://www.hwjapan.com/sh/MOD2010061701.aspx

I'm waiting for the rerun of the Enoden 300 and 500 series. If they ever do that of course... These models are just too awesome in design and quite hard to find.

but with the half off shipping its break even on SAL but a good savings with the half off shipping if you do ems on this (which i think bill likes!)

the half off shipping has me lining up some heavier items for some orders like the preorders of the new kato buildings...

cheers

jeff