What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

yep orders and pre-orders placed in the june 16 - july 11

http://www.1999.co.jp/info_details_e.asp

things seem to be getting competitive!

cheers

jeff

Stu-bloody-pendous! That's fantastic news! I've got pre-orders for stuff in October that'll benefit for sure :) I'll also be dropping some cash on those new Kato buildings!

How exactly do pre-orders work on HS? You pay for the item and shipping, and when it comes out they ship it to you? What happens if there are several items in your order, do they wait until they are all available and ship them at once?

at HS charges dont happen till things ship. they will combine shipping for multiple items in a pre-order if they come in in the same month then they ship together, if not they ship separately. they charge you at each shipment for that item and its shipping.

at HW they hold for longer periods on back-orders and pre-orders.

cheers

jeff

How exactly do pre-orders work on HS? You pay for the item and shipping, and when it comes out they ship it to you? What happens if there are several items in your order, do they wait until they are all available and ship them at once?

When you pre-order several items you will be asked if you want them shipped together.  Ship separately is the default, so you have to watch.  See step 3.  These items are held for a maximum of one month.  Ship together only applies to pre-order items.

http://www.1999.co.jp/step_e.asp?Typ1_c=104

Your credit card is not charged until the item comes in.  With PayPal you will get a payment notice when the item comes in that will have to be paid within three days.

FAQ is quite detailed and should help.

http://www.1999.co.jp/faq_e.asp?Typ1_c=104

Generally I would not combine a pre-order and in-stock item in one order.

Wait - is the half off shipping including pre-orders, or only stuff that ships *during* the half off sale?

"PayPal Shipping 50% Off Campaign Underway!

We offer 50% shipping discount for all PayPal orders and pre-orders that are placed from the 16th of June until the 11th of July, 2010.

Shipping is 50% off only if you pay via PayPal.

Note that the shipping discount cannot be applied to your orders if your choice of payment method is credit card, or if you recombine them after the campaign period is over.  Please also note that no shipping is available to Japan.  For details, please read this."

http://www.1999.co.jp/info_details_e.asp

I almost contemplated ordering catalogs - Kato '10, Tomix '09/'10, and Tomix parts catalog. Shipping on all 3 by EMS with 50% discount is (only) 3,400Y I think. Then I chickened out at the end hehe. I stood back and thought, I think I'd rather have some buildilngs and parts instead. I think the only catalog these days that really matters is the Microace catalog since Tomix and Kato haven't really released much in recent years, but maybe that's just me.

My pocket book is feeling more pain.  Modemo is releasing the Meitetsu 510/520 scarlet color 2-car train again in July.  Just what I need.

I like your taste in interurbans, Bill!  :grin

Cheers,

Mark.

Yeah, going down Showa-era Big-time! *Focussing on small-town mid/late-eighties scenery :cool:

Should look good, Tony, I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

@marknewton: that's an awesome buy! If I were still into H0, I'd have bought that one as well probably (though probably in basic livery and painted it black). Looks like an excellent model! I hope it has some weight as well to boost.

I'm so pleased with it I'm going to order another. As for weight, it's a fairly hefty thing, I took it to the club last night and it happily hauled a 20-car freight train.

Cheers,

Mark.

I'm very happy with my new loco!  :grin

...but now you're going to make it look old and trashed!  :grin

Yeah, but probably not as grotty as the photo I posted shows. I have some older photos of the Chitetsu loco where it looks a bit tidier, I'll be working off those. The poor old thing sits out in the weather all year, whereas my model will have a shed to live in!  :grin

Cheers,

Mark.

Stu-bloody-pendous! That's fantastic news! I've got pre-orders for stuff in October that'll benefit for sure :)

If the pre-order was made earlier than the start of the offer I don't think it applies. Their shipping page notes that it applies to orders placed from 16 June to 11 July with payment via Paypal.

Stu-bloody-pendous! That's fantastic news! I've got pre-orders for stuff in October that'll benefit for sure :)

If the pre-order was made earlier than the start of the offer I don't think it applies. Their shipping page notes that it applies to orders placed from 16 June to 11 July with payment via Paypal.

I... really don't remember if the 50% shipping offer was showing at the time. I didn't know it covered pre-orders as well, so I would have ignored it even if it was there. Hmm. Could be expensive :P

Thought i would start a new thread on new goodies since three parcels showed up today! nothing all week then one from ebay, hobbysearch and hobbyworld! ding ding ding ding ding!

ebay: two japanese N scale magazines from 2004

hobbysearch:

2 koki 106 w/ 20' containers tomix

kato koki 50000 with 12' containers

hobbyworld:

3 koki 104 w/o containers tomix

4 koki 200 w/o containers tomix

Haimo 295-315 dmu tomix

tomytec arcades

tomytec cows (say moooooo)

can you tell i needed some container cars...

cheers

jeff

I'll play, since in fact a box did just arrive here from Japan today! from PlazaJapan -

Some Kato single catenary poles and bases, and some 216 degree Kato  curved track.

:sad:Phone Bill, renewal for car insurance for a car I got rid of before xmas,reminder from the vet thatthe dog's need there booster injections :sad:

Nothing worth having in that lot.

Thought i would start a new thread on new goodies since three parcels showed up today! nothing all week then one from ebay, hobbysearch and hobbyworld! ding ding ding ding ding!

ebay: two japanese N scale magazines from 2004

hobbysearch:

kato koki 50000 with 12' containers

hobbyworld:

3 koki 104 w/o containers tomix

4 koki 200 w/o containers tomix

Haimo 295-315 dmu tomix

tomytec arcades

tomytec cows (say moooooo)

can you tell i needed some container cars...

cheers

jeff

I got to get around to buying a container train.

Claude_Dreyfus

A letter from the local council telling us to cut one of our hedges. :cwm21:

Bit late though...we chopped it back last weekend  :grin:laugh:

This thread is almost a perfect duplicate of the "what are you wainting to be delivered?" thread. I don't think we need two different discussions to speak about our new toys. I'm going to merge them together.

And please, we are in the N Gauge sub-forum, your posts must be (more or less  :grin) related to this subject. Thanks.

crikey , 12 pages of this, I had no idea ok, onward.

just got a box with yet more tomix KD-25 power chassis' ,  and Kato scharfenburg type couplers.  They are for a US prototype scratch building project that is consuming all my efforts currently.

Received today a parcel I had totally forgot about:

- Tobu 30000 Series B-Train Shorty

- Motor & trucks for one B-Train

- 20 gray scharfenberg couplers from Kato that I can't use, I made a mistake while ordering

Not related but this might be the most exciting delivery of the day:

- Silent Wishes by Nobuyoshi Araki, Japan's most famous photographer. Only black & white pictures, beautifull. Watashi wa ureshii desu!

robrodgers2000

I have set up my recurring floor layout to have two main lines, a passing track, and a two-train storage yard.  I can easily run four trains, but I realized I only have 3...

So, I have ventured in to freight in a totally small, no doubt completely non-prototypical way:

Taki 1000 (Japan Oil Terminal)

Taki 1000 (Japan Oil Transportation)

Taki1000 Japan Oil Terminal Color with Feathers of an Arrow Mark (Model Train)

Taki35000 Japan Oil Transportation

EF64-1000 JR Freight New Renewal Color

All Kato, all Hobby Search with half price PayPal shipping. :)

BB

PS:  My current trains are Kato 455 Green Liner, Kato 116 Minobu Color, and Kato Series 500 7-Car Shinkansen

I just received my "Japanese" order from MB Klein, unfortunately both items may have issues.

In a first, I received the V14 set, however one of the curve sections has a factory defect: One of the rails is offset by 1/4" - it sticks too far out one side (occupying most of the unijoiner), and is too far in on the other (barely touches the unijoiner).

The other is my Kato E233-1000 (10-543, the one and only one MB Klein had, since they don't normally stock Japanese prototypes). I ordered it because it was sold out at HS (planning to buy the 4 car addon from HS right away) and the shipping would be cheaper. However it seems to have 2 problems out of the box: The very top of the pantograph on the motor car was missing, I found it elseswhere in the package. Since it's meant to pivot I'm pretty sure it can be reattached if I'm really careful. The other problem is that the motor sounds terrible, like a buzzer. I'm not sure if it's defective, damaged from whatever shock knocked off the pantograph, or has just been sitting on a shelf too long.

Any ideas? MB Klein's policy on defective Kato stuff is that you talk deal with Kato USA directly.

Being in Canada I'd have to pay shipping and then potentially labor for Kato USA to try and fix a foreign prototype. My other option, due to a lucky break, would be to order a replacement motor unit myself - the E233-1000 shares the exact same motor part (4731-1SB) as the Chuo line E233-0 I was just investigating. HS has this in stock for $22 (it's used to motorized the Chuo 4 car addon set)