What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

I'm currently in the race for a brand new JR East E501 Series 5-car set from MicroAce (A3897) for an amazing price (half from retail). Not sure if it will make it, as it seems there could be other interested parties.

I wish you the best of luck.  It's always a pleasure to find an auction that other bidders have overlooked for some reason...doesn't happen so often for me, though. 

I've been on the hunt for MA's Ginga and Fuji 24-series sleeper trains for a while.  I missed out on a nice, inexpensive Ginga (with working sound generator and intact decal sheets!) this past weekend because I overslept and missed the end of the auction.  Oh well. 

I wish you the best of luck.  It's always a pleasure to find an auction that other bidders have overlooked for some reason...doesn't happen so often for me, though. 

It's not so much an auction, but rather a first-come-first-serve basis via-via. One of the perks of plunging yourself into the small manufacturing/dealership hole.

as my trains are way too much for my layout to handle and keep them in box is sad..

I got a new parking spot for some of them, to show off..

train in there will be exchanged regularly..to keep the dust away ;)

being wood it even smell great

post-3119-0-45830000-1442432765_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alemino

Oh wow that display case is nice to store all the trains! How many carriage can be stored in one line?

And that Lego Eiffel Tower behind is even nicer!

Oh wow that display case is nice to store all the trains! How many carriage can be stored in one line?

And that Lego Eiffel Tower behind is even nicer!

there are different sizes where i did get the display case (ebay shop vitrinenparadies)

so you can have a lot of different sizes to make fit different train sets. i went more for a size that fit my apartment than trains ;)

but in the picture is already parked a kato 113 shonan train and still have place to spare, and a minitrix swiss express which fit perfectly

and about the LEGO, they will fit too in front and minifigures inside  :confused5:

post-3119-0-09897100-1442465236_thumb.jpg

Haha  You have quite an impressive Lego collection!

Off topic a little your Lego collection is kinda 'interesting'... That RC Technics excavator is really cool, and that Space Explorer and Maersk Container Ship models are what a lot of fans are looking for now ~~  :)  

Just got delivered yet another 2 very rare trains that certainly got me excited!

Microace A6070 Kiha47-7000 Setouchi Marine View. I love the colour and those cute little oars and life buoy ever since I saw it and now finally I get a chance to own it and run it, best still at a reasonable price! I'm happy!  :)

Microace A8660 Kiha 48 Kazeko Winter Style. The Kazeko is something like a trolley train, and I like the colours and that leaf logo, and now I get a chance to view at it closely in comfort!  :)

Talk about a nice day for rare trains!  :)

post-819-0-45326600-1442496099_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-02855000-1442496106_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-02311600-1442496112_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-59880800-1442496118_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-97866400-1442496124_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-41273700-1442496131_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-66206100-1442496137_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-96432700-1442496143_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-59961900-1442496149_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-92676700-1442496155_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Haha You have quite an impressive Lego collection!

Off topic a little your Lego collection is kinda 'interesting'... That RC Technics excavator is really cool, and that Space Explorer and Maersk Container Ship models are what a lot of fans are looking for now ~~ :)

OMG dont tell me is the set 10181 of Eifel Tower ?? a beautiful expensive set and i'm dying to get one of those :love10: :D

LEGO sets are okay but when you learn how to craft MOC's (My Own Creation) that's when the fun really begins, mind you it does take up a lot of space compared to N Gauge. I have been building trains for a number of years but have recently been swayed back to traditional model railways after visiting Japan, here is a link to my albums and there are also a lot of photos that have not been attached to albums as well. https://www.flickr.com/photos/david_stannard/albums

My apologises for swinging wildly off topic, my next post on this thread will hopefully be when my pre orders finally come in.

Edited by Das Steinkopf

Just got delivered yet another 2 very rare trains that certainly got me excited!

Microace A6070 Kiha47-7000 Setouchi Marine View. I love the colour and those cute little oars and life buoy ever since I saw it and now finally I get a chance to own it and run it, best still at a reasonable price! I'm happy!  :)

Microace A8660 Kiha 48 Kazeko Winter Style. The Kazeko is something like a trolley train, and I like the colours and that leaf logo, and now I get a chance to view at it closely in comfort!  :)

Talk about a nice day for rare trains!  :)

Grrr!  I've been looking for both those models!

Grrr!  I've been looking for both those models!

Me too!   :)

And I am so happy when I saw them available and at a reasonable cost, straight away rushed without thinking to get them!  :)

So the post dropped another parcel today, via EMS, from Buyee!

First time using Buyee due to the free service fee promotion to grab some stuffs from Yahoo Auctions.

Good experience, easy to use interface, but kinda lame to pay 500 yen again for re-packing 2 parcels and 1000yen for packing 3 parcels and above...

All in all still worthy due to the reasonable cost I got these discontinued sets at without service charges!  :)

A Tomix 92808 300 series Tokaido/ Sanyo Shinkansen 6-car basic set. Hi there again to the 300 series, this time with power couplers! Sweet looking! Just that the previous owner placed the last car in the wrong direction, which the urethane did not cater for that overhead antenna and forcing in the car made that antenna bend to almost breaking.... But nothing a little glue cant fix!  :)

A Kato 10-871 225-0 series! JR West just got reinforced again with their latest Shin-Kaisoku train, in 8-cars beauty! Now I can form combination sequences with the 223 series!

post-819-0-98049400-1442577376_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-60015500-1442577384_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-52840700-1442577391_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-97176200-1442577399_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-37411100-1442577408_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-97366000-1442577415_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-25930200-1442577432_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-58735900-1442577438_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-00452900-1442577444_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-34350200-1442577449_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-78319900-1442577455_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-14587600-1442577463_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-36504500-1442577469_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Me too! :)

And I am so happy when I saw them available and at a reasonable cost, straight away rushed without thinking to get them! :)

So the post dropped another parcel today, via EMS, from Buyee!

First time using Buyee due to the free service fee promotion to grab some stuffs from Yahoo Auctions.

Good experience, easy to use interface, but kinda lame to pay 500 yen again for re-packing 2 parcels and 1000yen for packing 3 parcels and above...

All in all still worthy due to the reasonable cost I got these discontinued sets at without service charges! :)

A Tomix 92808 300 series Tokaido/ Sanyo Shinkansen 6-car basic set. Hi there again to the 300 series, this time with power couplers! Sweet looking! Just that the previous owner placed the last car in the wrong direction, which the urethane did not cater for that overhead antenna and forcing in the car made that antenna bend to almost breaking.... But nothing a little glue cant fix! :)

A Kato 10-871 225-0 series! JR West just got reinforced again with their latest Shin-Kaisoku train, in 8-cars beauty! Now I can form combination sequences with the 223 series!

My 300 series came yesterday! I am so eager to get home and open the package!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

KiHa 52s and 115 Series driving coaches, cost me £43 for all four including post as nobody else bid:

IMGP0508_zpsjhso4jzz.jpg

Turns out that they all have interior lights, which was a bonus! I'll have to get another two lighting units, one for the SaHa I have on order and another to store for when I manage to find the powered MoHa to complete the train. The powered KiHa needed a few drops of oil on the bearings (motor and worm) and after a good run with that lovely smell of warm motor it seems to be performing to the usual Kato standard.

Incidentally, I notice that the KiHas only have gangway bellows on one end. Should they be marshalled with the bellows ends inwards, or were the bellows long enough that one set could stretch to meet the end of the other car? I notice that both ends have doors and drop plates, so I'm guessing the latter.

Edited by Welshbloke

Incidentally, I notice that the KiHas only have gangway bellows on one end. Should they be marshalled with the bellows ends inwards, or were the bellows long enough that one set could stretch to meet the end of the other car? I notice that both ends have doors and drop plates, so I'm guessing the latter.

For the prototype, only one end needs a gangway cover and it's stretched and connected to the other side. (this is shown on many station videos) This is more simple than connecting two halfs in the middle as it was done earlier. The covers are usually aligned towards the same end of the line to avoid moving them around and during disconnection it's easier to know which end of it should be disconnected.

However if you plan to run your trains connected, it looks better to have an extra added, so there are two covers between the cars, as they represent the stowed position and look too short when connected. You still need a stowed one on one of the outer ends to look prototypical. (that is: empty - car1 - equipped  + equipped - car2 - equipped) For this reason, many sets come with 1 or 2 extras.

For the prototype, only one end needs a gangway cover and it's stretched and connected to the other side. (this is shown on many station videos) This is more simple than connecting two halfs in the middle as it was done earlier. The covers are usually aligned towards the same end of the line to avoid moving them around and during disconnection it's easier to know which end of it should be disconnected.

However if you plan to run your trains connected, it looks better to have an extra added, so there are two covers between the cars, as they represent the stowed position and look too short when connected. You still need a stowed one on one of the outer ends to look prototypical. (that is: empty - car1 - equipped  + equipped - car2 - equipped) For this reason, many sets come with 1 or 2 extras.

Ah right, so as I have them in the photo then!

It just seemed odd as most vehicles I've seen using this type of gangway have one on each coach, meeting in the middle. The type used by first generation DMUs here (copied from the GWR design) works that way.

There's nothing else in the box, I suspect there should be some sort of aerial on the cab roof though as there's a hole which looks made for a detailing part.

Lots of running at Ebina station. From the platform to the ATM, to the Sotetsu goods shop. All the best planning in the world. My quest is over. The Sotetsu N7000 is completed: 

1442600403923.jpg

Edited by Toni Babelony
  • Like 1

Nice NB1231! We both got a nice 300 series from Buyee! :)

I heard yours was full consist interior lighted right? :)

This is correct! I am so very happy!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

The SaHa 115-1000 has arrived. Frankly astonishingly rapid delivery from Japan as I only bought it five days ago, usually these things take a month!

Now if only I could find a 4102-4 MoHa 114-1000 for sane money. Some chancer on ebay is asking £120 for one, which I'm not inclined to pay given the rest of the set has only cost me about £25...

Postage: Doesn't post to Hungary | See details

So, no. I set up ebay and other sites to hide items that aren't available in Hungary. This hides around 70% of everything. I'll probably ask Nariichi for help.