What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

I received a nice little package from HS on Friday; Tomix's small office building C, a pack of Unitrack double track catenary bridges 23-061, and a four-pack of Tomix 140mm wide tram straight tracks. I've pre-ordered quite a few items from HS that are scheduled for release later this month ( ohh my aching wallet! ) and I'm really looking forward to all of those goodies showing up at my door. Happy thanksgiving indeed.

Ordered my first Tomytec. A 119-0 "Suruga Shuttle" and the bits to make it run (TM-18 and TT-03, and I'll have a PS16P left over after using one of the two in the pack to push my 211-0 a bit further towards restoration).

Also half a circle of Kato 249mm single track viaduct curves and an extra pack of double track viaduct feeder wires. To begin with they're going to be used to power my planned xmas tree layout, but I'll order a couple of the three way extension cords later to use them with the big double track oval. Also contemplating more double track viaduct curves to make the loop a bit more interesting than a plain oval.

After so long time, finally just received two nice books from our good friend at Loco1.. :) Tomix Diorama World and Kato Catalogue 2014.. The diorama book is crazy.. so many great pictures of layout in great details.. love it.

• Like 1

Just picked up a shell weller 1/130 tanker ship model for $20 shipped (less than half the going rate)! I have one already, but after seeing what Charles did with his, thought having extras would be good. Lurking ebay is good! Just have to be patient...

Jeff

Gone a bit mad on Tomytecs now.

While ordering the pantographs for the 105 Series from Modeltrainplus I spotted that he had a few 123 Series (the KuMoNi 143 conversions) left for about £4. A 123-1 and the pantographs to suit managed to climb into the basket before I reached the checkout...

Now I really must avoid buying any more!

Edited by Welshbloke

Now I really must avoid buying any more!

Just what I should be doing. Unfortunately I am weak, so very very weak.... :( ;)

It is a documented illness, tomytecitus. Sorry it's terminal to your wallet in the long run...

With tomytec trains and btrains I keep saying I have enough then a Btrain goes in good sale or another painted tomytec train comes out and bam, out comes the credit card! At least it's cheaper than buying regular trains! Yeah good justification!

Jeff

Arrived just now. Three sets of KiHa 2100 types. One has already been absorbed by the rest of the crew:

PHOTO_20151106_112525.jpg

Too much Kantō Railway. I need to get a new bookcase. More will come probably.

Toni, sorry I think you have been diagnosed with tomytecitus!

The only medicine is... Those new, fresh Greenmax motors. I hope they'll be released (soon) as separate units, so I can allow myself to get out of the Tomytec seclusion.

Ugh, the infection is really set in, not sure if there is any cure possible seeing this! I hope there is no modemo rot going on elsewhere....

Jeff

Another KATO item for me on it's way to my place thanks to Hobby Search Japan:

Series E233 Chuo Line (Unit T) (Basic 6-Car Set) and (Add-on 4-Car Set) 

So that is another Metro Tokyo train to join the Yamanote Line (KATO), Chuo-Sobu (Local Train) Line (TOMIX), Tokaido Line (KATO) and Joban Line (KATO) trains :)

The postman brought me these goodies today :-

Kato KUMONI13  
Torm LED x 2

Shizutetsu Railway: 1000 Series LuLuCa B Train Shorty

Greenmax  Third Rail  4 packets    :)   

post-766-0-76097700-1446890378_thumb.jpg

Edited by dabsan

It is a documented illness, tomytecitus. Sorry it's terminal to your wallet in the long run...

With tomytec trains and btrains I keep saying I have enough then a Btrain goes in good sale or another painted tomytec train comes out and bam, out comes the credit card! At least it's cheaper than buying regular trains! Yeah good justification!

Jeff

It would have been much worse if I'd known about them when they first released Series 20. As it is, most of the units I'd be interested in have already sold out!

That said, does anyone know what the red-with-white-stripe KuMoYuNi 143-1 was used for? Never seen one that colour and I'm intrigued...

The KuHa 103 pair and the MoHa 152 arrived today, both up to usual Kato standard. There's enough space in the four car 103 add-on set box to take the extra KuHas if you pop the two foam blanks out, so they'll be moving in there after their current posing with the dummy MoHa pair from the set next to the island platforms I'm slowly adding all the bits to.

Edited by Welshbloke

Received a few worthwhile new additions to my collection over the past few weeks.

First off is Kato 10-488, a 183系/189系 9 car JR East C formation (formation C4 to be specific). This set has been on my wishlist for some time, so when I stumbled upon one at TamTam Akihabara (I spent most of the month October in Japan, hate being back in my country of residence (I refuse to call it home :))), I eventually decided to go ahead and purchase this set (ended up being quite a hard choice between a purchasing a MA 70系, Kato 101系 (Chuo line 800番台), Kato E217系, Kato E2311000番台 or the mentioned 183).

​It's comparatively speaking, a somewhat older Kato model (especially noticeable if you look at the head mark), but overall it's still a nice set, and a nice addition to my modest J.N.R./JR East ltd Express sub-collection.

DSC 0332

-Formation C4 (or at least the KuHa183形) is the second car from the left, alongside her JR East/J.N.R. (and a set of Odakyū twinsLtd Express sisters.

The second new addition, arrived the day before I came back, the latest Kato Odakyū 3100形 NSE. This set represents the 5th formation (3181X11, built in 1966) as she appeared after the addition of roof mounted AC units in 1977 but before she had her head mark modified to the square design in 1985. Another set I'm really happy with, as I really love the 3100形 design, and she goes along well with her older twin (which represents a newer formation ironically).

DSC 0337

-Together with her twin, the 6th formation (3201X11, the 5th Formation is the one on the left). I really hope Kato will eventually release the post 1984~1988 renovation version sometime into the future, though as this would require a change to the mold. I might have to hunt down the MA version instead.

Last but not least, a few days ago I received a few long awaited additions to my 'getaden' sub-collection.
First is actually not a new addition, but a replacement for a previously acquired model, a Kato 51系/52系/70系 (streamlined KuMoHa52形 on one end, and a semi streamlined KuMoHa54形100番台, i.e. an asymmetric formation from the final days of the 52系 on the Iida sen in the late 1970'sin Yokosuka colors.
I already got this set back when it was first released in late august, but as one of the cars had a misprinted car number, I decided send it back to HS for replacement. A week ago Kato send a replacement to HS which in turn sent it back to me. I have to give kudos to both Kato and Hobby search for the excellent service, Kato for providing a full replacement (without the mentioned printing error), and Hobby search for the solid communication and for picking up the tab for both the shipping cost back to Japan as well as getting as the shipping cost for sending it back to me, not to mention for allowing me to combine it with a few in stock items already on order.

DSC 0343

DSC 0344

-KuMoHa52形 alongside some of her contemporary 'getaden' sisters.

In the same order I also received two more additions to my 'getaden' sub-collection (making it the second largest of my sub-collections, after the Shinkansen) a Kato KuMoHa12形50番台 (former 31系 17m class cars modified for single car usage) for the Tsurumi-sen, and a KuMoNi13形 (former 33系 17m class car modified into a motorized luggage car) for Tōkyō area (J.N.R. brown), which also has the distinction of being my 50th Japanese train (only counting full EMU formations and locomotives), A drop in the bucket compared to some, and I'm still not sure if it's something to be proud of or be ashamed of but thats for another time.  
For a little more information about those cars see my post in the Kato thread: http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/4-kato-new-releases/page-70?do=findComment&comment=117072 

DSC 0341

-The two 17m class sisters together, I really love the work Kato is doing with their 'getaden'/old form kokutetsu releases the last few years.

DSC 0338

-'Getaden' lineup, did I mention I love those units?

Anyway that was it for the moment.

• Like 7

My first Tomytec just arrived (JR blue KuMoHa 105-512 + KuHa 105-2).

First impressions are excellent. Paid £16 including P&P, the detailing and paintwork are more than fit to run next to more expensive models. I don't actually have the motor on order for this one yet (I have two motors on order, but they're going under the 119 Series and 123-1 I also have on the way) but will be doing so in a few weeks. The motors are in steady production but the bodywork seems prone to disappearing from the shelves, hence doing it this way around.

I notice that the lights are "open" with clear or red translucent plastic inserts, might have to investigate building a couple of LED modules to illuminate them. The hard part is making baffles to keep the light from a specific LED where it should be and stop it spilling out into the cab, or causing all the lights to come on at once!

I notice that the lights are "open" with clear or red translucent plastic inserts, might have to investigate building a couple of LED modules to illuminate them. The hard part is making baffles to keep the light from a specific LED where it should be and stop it spilling out into the cab, or causing all the lights to come on at once!

Lighting kits for many models are available from here: http://ism-works.shop-pro.jp/ ; it's on my todo list to try some out.

• Like 1