What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

I think so! I've got an ED 19, which would have been built around the same time, and was constructed by Westinghouse in the USA.

Baldwin built the loco bodies, running gear and mechanical parts, Westinghouse built the electrical equipment.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1

I think so! I've got an ED 19, which would have been built around the same time, and was constructed by Westinghouse in the USA.

Baldwin built the loco bodies, running gear and mechanical parts, Westinghouse built the electrical equipment.

Cheers,

Mark.

DAMN YOU HOBBYLAND POCHI and your sales events with 10% discount on already reduced prices.

gallery_1206_164_52062.jpg

Well, it would have been rude not to pay 11700 yen for the Shinkansen... Couple more EF57s from Kato and MicroAce to go with my ancient Endo one, and a tiny little permanent way thingy from TGW which is somehow motorized, and some wagons to go with it.

• Like 1

Now for a lot of trailer chassis and power unit(s)!

I'm probably going to power this train with only one power unit, as it only runs in a 10-car formation. Of course, if this power unit can't handle a 10-car formation, I'll add a second one. The wheels will come from a bulk set, as the trailer chassis add-on sets are too expensive IMO. I'd rather spend that money on TN couplers, which will be added later as well :)

The next purchase will be the Tomytec Kantō Tetsudō KiHa 2100 types (1st and 3rd edition) and a 5-car MicroAce E501 (it's in the bag!), which I will be picking up at the JMRA in Kamata... For now, I have to work and ignore Yahoo! Auctions really hard.

DAMN YOU HOBBYLAND POCHI and your sales events with 10% discount on already reduced prices.

Well, it would have been rude not to pay 11700 yen for the Shinkansen...

Wow perks of being in Japan again...

Haha it looks like many are getting the 300 series recently! What's more coincidental is that all of them are the Tomix 92808!  :) And at 11700 i'll definitely say yours is a steal... Mine was at 13500.. BEFORE internal shipping and the fees like. 

Actually I blame this thread, because while a 300 has been on my list of trains to acquire if I run across one at an especially good price, I wasn't really sure which one to get. It will join my 0kei and 100kei in my museum of extinct trains.

• Like 1

This is the TGW unit compared to a British Class 04 shunter, which I previously thought was quite small.

med_gallery_1206_164_80425.jpg

I was lucky when I was in Tokyo I picked up one the TGW TMC-100 units like yours with a pair of the rail carrying bolster wagons with the cranes, I got them from Yodobashi in Shinjuku and it was surprisingly cheaper than the few places that had them, I also got the tax rebate that made it even cheaper. Edited by Das Steinkopf

The 03s/04s were pretty small though. Some 03s ended up almost-permanently coupled to a spare four wheel flat wagon, as they weren't long enough to operate track circuits reliably (leading to them disappearing from the signaller's view, not a good idea when you're running around a busy station to collect some parcel vans).

Edited by Welshbloke

Obviously, I didn't learn my lesson about "it's just one bus". Got another 9 in the mail from Japan from FromJapan.

The 4 non-Toeis, I'm almost certain, came out of the same box (this set) - they came from the same seller, whose Yahoo! handle indicated that they were a Hankyu fan, so presumably they kept the last one.

post-3332-0-19468800-1442864571_thumb.jpg

post-3332-0-52726500-1442864581_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

The 03s/04s were pretty small though. Some 03s ended up almost-permanently coupled to a spare four wheel flat wagon, as they weren't long enough to operate track circuits reliably (leading to them disappearing from the signaller's view, not a good idea when you're running around a busy station to collect some parcel vans).

Way down on my todo list is to try and modify a flat wagon with extra pickups as the locomotive tends to stall on points...

My e-packet/air small packet finally arrived from AmiAmi with a TM-08R, TM-20, TM-23 and 3x PG16s.  Sent 21st of August, Arrived 22 of September.  Only 32 days, should have been 10-14. haha

Can finish off all my Tomytec consists.  The TM-23 will be left over for when the Romancing Saga Hika 125 arrives.

Edited by katoftw

Obviously, I didn't learn my lesson about "it's just one bus". Got another 9 in the mail from Japan from FromJapan.

Oh my!

Now I found a fellow Toei fan!

I'm looking at the range of Toei buses, seems like many of them are from this set?

都営バスいすゞエルガ5台セットA

01.jpg

▲(1) KL-LV280L1改 02.jpg

▲(2) KL-LV834L1改 (CNGフルノンステ) 05.jpg

▲(3) PJ-LV234L1 04.jpg

▲(4) PKG-LV234L2 03.jpg

▲(5) QQG-LV234L3 (ハイブリッドバス)  

But I cant be too sure...

There seems to be also 2 Mitsubishi Fusos, which either comes from the JB01 or the Collection 19...

Kudos on a nice Toei fleet! :)

• Like 1

Not bad at all!

I may have to buy one for my planned loop under the Christmas tree, but need to measure the table first. So far I know that the 216mm curves I've ordered will fit on the table and around the tree base, but as yet I don't know how long the straights can be. I already have a few island platforms and suitable points, and the idea of a bay platform with one of those station buildings at the end is very tempting.

Yep, 5 of the Ergas are indeed from that set, and the Aero Stars are both JB001 and the one from Bus Collection 19. (The other 4 Ergas are the 2 each from Bus Collection 7 and To-Bus Original II.)

Edited by korat

I had a splash on buyee on the recent 0% fees promo.

MicroAce A2162 Kiha 71 Yufuin no Mori - used, seller cleaned all motor and contact parts before sale.

Tomix 92829 7 car old brown coaches Takasaki Depot - new.

MicroAce A8362 Keihan 800 series - new.

Tomix 92821 N700-7000 Sanyo/Kyushu Shinkansen - used but as new, limited run time.

These will turn up in about a weeks time.

I had a splash on buyee on the recent 0% fees promo.

MicroAce A2162 Kiha 71 Yufuin no Mori - used, seller cleaned all motor and contact parts before sale.

Tomix 92829 7 car old brown coaches Takasaki Depot - new.

MicroAce A8362 Keihan 800 series - new.

Tomix 92821 N700-7000 Sanyo/Kyushu Shinkansen - used but as new, limited run time.

These will turn up in about a weeks time.

Yeh 0% fees is TOO good to resist... It's like buying directly from Yahoo!

Didn't you already have the Yufuin? Or did you have the Tomix one and now getting a MA one? is there a good notable difference between them? I do know the Tomix has TN couplers pre-installed...

Dang now I feel like getting a Yufuin and calling it a charter train to run on my non-Kyushu layout...  :P

Way down on my todo list is to try and modify a flat wagon with extra pickups as the locomotive tends to stall on points...

For an 04 your best bet is probably to get hold of a Peco "Conflat" kit, these just need painting (black and yellow wasp stripes around the edge of the wagon body, black chassis, wooden planks on the floor) and metal wheels/pickups.

Some shunters on the Western Region used an ex-GWR shunter's truck, but I'm not sure if any 04s were allocated to WR depots. P&D Marsh make a whitemetal kit for a shunter's truck which fits a Peco 10ft brake van chassis, although you'll need to fettle the castings slightly for a good fit and it lacks any detail. I added lamp irons, toolbox lid stops and handrails to mine using staples and brass wire, it looks much better now but was very fiddly! In BR days they were painted black with the handrails in white, apparently one lasted in Cardiff until 1980.

Didn't you already have the Yufuin? Or did you have the Tomix one and now getting a MA one? is there a good notable difference between them? I do know the Tomix has TN couplers pre-installed...

Dang now I feel like getting a Yufuin and calling it a charter train to run on my non-Kyushu layout...  :P

Nope been looking for a Yufuin at the right price for over a year.  Now with the Kiha 125 I can finally start a small Kyudai Line loop layout.

My KuMoNi 83-800 dummy has arrived. Currently being towed around by the Kokuden 103 Series as that's the only powered item I have with a Tightlock coupler on one end of the set*.

Anyone know if it's possible to turn the lighting off on one end of these units? It looks a bit daft with the headlights shining into the cab of the unit next to it.

*It will have them throughout when the pack I ordered arrives, but I had a lone Tightlock left over after swapping couplers around on that bundle of four assorted DMU/EMU cars so it went on one end of the 103 to check that it would fit.

Mr EMS dropped off some trains today.  MA Keihan 800 series, Tomix N700-7000, MA Kiha 71 Yufuin no Mori and Tomix 7 car Takasaki brown coaches.

The seventh car in the N700 set is in a bad way.  Shell looks to be warped and it doesn't lock onto the chassis/base well enough to hold firm.  Was sold as a "as new condition" set.  But when first opening the box, I saw the issue straight away.  Seller probably would have been aware of issue.  It was quite obvious.

Surprised the Takasaki brown coaches set actually comes with 4 cars that have end lights.  Was only expecting 2 cars.  I'm liking this set.  Now all my Takasaki depot engines have more toys to play with.

All cars directional lights have been tested with 9V battery and are working.  Will try motors on the weekend.  Kiha 71 is the only older and used set of the trains.  So only expecting troubles from this train, but the lights were all good though.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1

Kato 165 Series dummy set and a matching SaRo 165 arrived yesterday. Now only missing the second SaRo (on order) and the powered set (will be ordered next week) to assemble an eight car train with a KuMoNi 83-800 on the end. Or a six car train. Or indeed any of the other combinations you can make with a pair of 165 Series three car sets, a couple of SaRo 165s, and a SaHaShi 165.

Also have a KuMoYuNi 74 on order, will be used with the dummy KuMoNi or to tow the dummy 165 Series. May also be seen hauling the 115 Series if I find a dummy MoHa 114-1000 to complete it.