What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Did my first order from AmiAmi:-

3x Tomix PG16 patnographs

Tomytec TM-20 motor unit

Tomytec TM-08R motor unit

Tomytec TM-23 motor unit

Probably should have tried them sooner, reasons:-

29% off (which really is 21% off)

Allow credit card payment (which saves 1.5% versus Paypal)

Have air parcel shipping option.

• Like 2

Did my first order from AmiAmi:-

Probably should have tried them sooner, reasons:-

29% off (which really is 21% off)

Allow credit card payment (which saves 1.5% versus Paypal)

Have air parcel shipping option.

Actually AmiAmi is quite good, for reasons you have stated above. Although it's strange why they added in the tax especially when we are not Japanese? They do provide an option also to combine those released in the same month or already released items to be shipped together to save shipping.

Another point, I have recently used them and although they charged me 3500 yen to ship via EMS, the cost of the shipping was printed on the box as 4200yen. Kudos to them for absorbing this!

I received a box today too, containing some more trains from secret sources:

Original Kato 10-587 313-2500 series 3-car Basic set. This set is quite rare now and I got it at quite a nice price ~

MA A7622 - 209 series Tokyo-Omiya Training Centre Training Car 2-car set. Wow a rare beauty at a good price, and will look nice sitting in the yard ~ 

MA A2660 - 213-5000 series Basic 2-car set. Recently JR Tokai has been heavily reinforced with the arrival of 383 series, 313-1700, 313-2500 and this 231-5000. Nice trains to now run alongside my Kiha-85 Hida Wide View who was getting so lonely...

MA A7290 - Toei 10-300 Shinjuku Line 8-car set. I thought I got a nice price for this baby, but I got ripped off a little on this set... The head and tail light assembly are removed, together with the front couplers! Darn... I do hope replacements are easily available...

post-819-0-96806600-1440150716_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-98382900-1440150724_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-25897600-1440150733_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-77019900-1440150741_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-95347900-1440150758_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-28071800-1440150769_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-09920600-1440150776_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-53525700-1440150783_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A very modest haul from JAM, where I realised that I kind of have enough trains to be going on with, and there was hardly anything on my "buy now in case you never see it again list". So came away with this Chichibu Tetsudo Deki 500 (nice little loco, very quiet runner), and some "fun" wagons. To be honest I find it somewhat worrying that many of the trains on offer I recognise from regular trawls of Akihabara etc., and will be easy enough to find again should I ever have the urgent need.

post-1206-0-00590000-1440161017_thumb.jpg

Anyway what I was more on the lookout for were interesting accessories, and hit upon a nice LED lighting system from this supplier. Also some other scenic bits and pieces.

post-1206-0-05927900-1440161035_thumb.jpg

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 3

Good thing I didn't take along BabySquid, as at least one retailer was offering 10% discount coupons in exchange for one's first-born.

Oh yes, I also came away with two of those 100 yen coins commemorating the Shinkansen anniversary; I'd obviously been given them in change and initially thought I'd been conned with some worthless overseas currency of approximately the same size and shape.

Ohh mrs squid would habe not liked that, 10% off coupon is only worth a piece of liver, not a first born -- that would,have required a full 700T set!

I can just imagine the picture of you leaving with baby squid in the snugly and the one of you returning with the 700T set in the snugly being caressed!

Just hope you don't infect baby squid too much with the model rr bug so he doesn't sell you off when he is older!

Cheers,

Jeff

I too visited the JAM, but one day after Railsquid.

Modemo were selling undetailed KIHA30s for 1000 each, so I got a few, as well as a super cheap set of Tomytec KIHA800 from the Kanto Railway. All in anticipation for next month's release of the 2100s.

More pictures follow later.

post-188-0-94201400-1440287462_thumb.jpg

Edited by Toni Babelony
  • Like 1

Just ordered a Kato 4057 Sahashi 165.

Don't actually own a 165 to run it with yet, but when it popped up in front of me for £12 including postage I couldn't pass it up! I'll probably buy one of the three car powered sets next month, then work out what else I need for a realistic formation. I've looked at the diagrams on the Kato website but they look as though they'd be scarily expensive to achieve.

Don't know what looks tastier, lunch or the trains!

Post more on the JAM!

The dinner was tasty, but only limited in time. The crowd is a wonderful new addition to the network (Japan-Taiwan Railway Fan Association, 日本台湾鉄道愛好会) and the models will last in a spare box I had laying around, with space for six more cars.

post-188-0-26063500-1440378391_thumb.jpg

Two of these KIHA 30 will be rebuilt to the KIHA100s (no. 101 and 102) that Kanto Railway rebuilt from KIHA300s between 1997 and 1998. One will be red and the other two-tone blue and creme. This means they need Niigata Transport-type skirts (3D printed) and smooth fronts (sanding paper ahoy) and extra coolers (which I already have gotten from Morita at the JAM). Other than that, the KIHA30 I bought were provided without circular air vents and new type antennae, so those will have to be bought later as well.

These models didn't come with motors, so they'll probably remain display models. If I come across cheap and old motorisation parts from Modemo, I'll probably motorise them. In reality, these units didn't see much movement in their last decade anyway.

Edited by Toni Babelony
  • Like 2
Das Steinkopf

Thanks to Katoftw I now have a Railway Container Transportation 50th Anniversary Colour Koki 107, I don't think I will be following his lead though with collecting every Koki 107 that has been released, I now have a total of 12 in my fleet which I am fairly happy with.

20220812534_95549865e2_z_d.jpg

Because the farmer behind the house thought it was a good idea to plow the fields again (it's excellent prepping weather for new crops, so I give him that), I decided to ride to Machida and get a power chassis for my recently bought collection of KIHA 30 types. Without researching beforehand, I found out that the Tomytec TM-15 exactly meets my demands. And I mean exactly. It has DT22 bogie details and enough room for almost all the underbody parts of the Modemo KIHA 30:

IMG_20150827_140751.jpg

Yes, I've already mutilated the body. Erase all front details in favour of rebuilding it into a KIHA100. A rebuilt KIHA 300 (ex-KIHA 30) for one-man operation on the northern part of the Kantō Railway Jōsō line. If this turns out the be a successful conversion, I'll perform this on a second one as well, since there are two KIHA100: KIHA101 in red and KIHA102 in creme and blue and still run today (albeit very irregular).

Edited by Toni Babelony
  • Like 1

Picked up a Greenmax Odakyu 3000 6-car formation from the mail today.

Was pleasantly surprised to find TN coupler attachment points on the chassis, although of course the bogie-mounted coupler pockets are still permanently molded in.

post-3332-0-04648100-1440878608_thumb.jpg

I do love the Iida line releases from Kato.

iida.png

More temptation! I'm already looking longingly at the others in the range. The trouble is that they are delightfully similar in livery and design to the railcars of the old Great Northern Railway (Ireland) - makes me want to buy up them all!

A few days ago I received the Tomytec Nagoya Ry. series 3800 EMU set that I pre-ordered from Hobby Search a couple of months ago. Nice train but unfortunately it arrived with one of the roof ventilators missing from the lead car so back it goes for exchange. Oh well... 

Mr EMS dropped of some more freight this morning.  Out of production stuff.

attachicon.gifP9010210.JPG

I've now officially ran out of space in 3x 12 car koki cases. haha

Oh wow...

Amazingly slippery slope of JR Freight... I'll be very sure to keep away from that direction... The usual JR passenger trains are already mining a BIG hole in the pocket...

Das Steinkopf

Mr EMS dropped of some more freight this morning.  Out of production stuff.

attachicon.gifP9010210.JPG

I've now officially ran out of space in 3x 12 car koki cases. haha

Looks like you have officially run out of Koki 107 sets to buy as well, especially since you are doubling up on this one.

Looks like you have officially run out of Koki 107 sets to buy as well, especially since you are doubling up on this one.

I thought this would be my last lot of freight.  But then I found an instant lettering sheet for numbers for Koki 50000 with 35 different running numbers.

The slope just became a free fall. haha

Das Steinkopf

I thought this would be my last lot of freight. But then I found an instant lettering sheet for numbers for Koki 50000 with 35 different running numbers.

The slope just became a free fall. haha

I am trying to initiate a controlled decent and I am currently avoiding any of the Koki 50000's, I am going for a more contemporay fleet where the 50000's are in diminishing numbers, when I was in Japan I only saw one freight train that had 50000's in its rake and that was in Kyoto, everywhere else was running 100 Series. Mind you trying to source a decent number of Blue Era 100 Series wagons is a rather painful exercise these days, the only ones currently in production are the Kato Koki 104's and god only knows when they will be available, especially since they were originally slated for release in July this year. Edited by Das Steinkopf

Interesting.  Last trip in October 2014, I saw lots of 50000s and 106s in both blue and grey.  I don't think I laid eyes on a 107.  Which I was looking for.

I'd start collecting 106s, but there isn't the running number variance as discussed before.

Das Steinkopf

Interesting. Last trip in October 2014, I saw lots of 50000s and 106s in both blue and grey. I don't think I laid eyes on a 107. Which I was looking for.

I'd start collecting 106s, but there isn't the running number variance as discussed before.

Have you had a good look at this site, it has some really good shots of the composition of rakes and how there seems to be a rather eclectic mix of wagons, the only fixed sets that you see are Koki 100-101's and Koki 102-103's in their four car sets, but even then they are only part of the train with Koki 104, 106 and 107's mixed into the rest of the train.

http://hensoku-shock.at.webry.info/theme/0036b9e27b.html

Edited by Das Steinkopf