Bandai B-Train Shorty

Welshbloke

This is awesome! Thanks for the pictures! Are these all motorized?

Nah, in all those photos the only ones that are is one of the EF66s and the Odakyu 1000 series. I plan on buying some more bogeys when I can, but 1999.co keeps running out of the black motors for the electric trains.

• Like 1
Nah, in all those photos the only ones that are is one of the EF66s and the Odakyu 1000 series. I plan on buying some more bogeys when I can, but 1999.co keeps running out of the black motors for the electric trains.

You know, I can help you out with that. The hobby shops near me usually has quite a number in stock. PM me if you're interested.

You know, I can help you out with that. The hobby shops near me usually has quite a number in stock. PM me if you're interested.

That would be good, but at the moment I have other things to save for. I have a set of track, but no adapters to run them with. Those are kind of a priority.

Also, I wanted to ask. I own the B-train Twilight Express, both A+B.

How would I go about combining those 2 sets to make something closer to the real Twilight Express? Like which carriages go where?

Very nice collection! I'm curious to know if you motorized any of the trams. There are some tram sets for sale that come with motor units and i wanted to see if it's worth it.

Has anyone seen this video?

I was wondering if anyone has tried to kitbash their own shorty's like this person has. Quite an impressive collection in the video.

Edited by Blevins18

My six year old and I have been bitten by the B Train Shorty bug as well. We have two trains so far. Here's a short video of the first, which arrived in time for Christmas last year. Just got the Series 500 Nozomi set A and B as well. I'll post a video of that soon.

Cheers eh,

Todd

• Like 2

My six year old and I have been bitten by the B Train Shorty bug as well. We have two trains so far. Here's a short video of the first, which arrived in time for Christmas last year.

Great video, and the awards... :-)

• Like 1

It's great watching all 16 cars snake around the small radius curves with no problems at all. Makes a small layout look that much better even if they are very realistic. And for a six year old, they're perfect. Only problem is now he wants to go to Japan to ride a Shinkansen.   :lol:

Cheers eh,

Todd

Edited by tossedman

Nice video. I've definitely been bitten by the b train bug to the point that I'm changing the plans to my current layout to accommodate them. I've also been folding the paper b trains. I want an m250!

Todd,

Wonderful he wants to visit and ride the real thing! Bringing him up right!

Cheers

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I lived there for a year over twenty years ago. He finds it all fascinating. His love of all things trains fits right in with it all.

Nice video. I've definitely been bitten by the b train bug to the point that I'm changing the plans to my current layout to accommodate them. I've also been folding the paper b trains. I want an m250!
Thanks Blevins18. What are paper B Trains?

Check out nick yee's cool btrain layout. Very fun!

http://japanrailmodelers.org/pages/modelingjapan/btrainshorty-pt1.html

Jeff

Jeff, I've seen that layout of Nick Yee's. Love it. Thanks for sharing. Lots to emulate there.

Cheers eh,

Todd

Has anyone seen this video?

I was wondering if anyone has tried to kitbash their own shorty's like this person has. Quite an impressive collection in the video.

I would love to, but I'd rather not go around cutting up my already limited amount of trains.

I would love to, but I'd rather not go around cutting up my already limited amount of trains.

Yeah, imagine how much it would have costed to make all those B-Trains, not even counting the time it would take.

yeah the true meaning of passion when you can do that! those are wonderfully made, lots of care in the reductions.

jeff

1999.co has some more trains up for preorder.

Hankyu 6000

E233 in Chuo Line, Keiyo line and Shonan colors

Wakayama Electric Railways in Tama and Omocha painting

Series 165/169 Express colors

And Series 485 Limited Express

I am interested in the Hankyu and 485.

I have noticed the :-

B Train Shorty Wakayama Electric Railways Series2270 - Tama Train

is available for pre-order :)

I have wanted one of these for a long time, I hope they will print the pictures on the train like they did with the K-ON one. I think the original release of this train had stickers.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10221476

Tomo, do you want to mount them to like the container train cars or actually make tank cars out of them? I'm interested in turning this into a project now.