Bandai B-Train Shorty

Welshbloke

No no no, it's the Platz/Greenmax one that needs such a treatment. I don't know exactly about B-Trains, but I assume they will be already ready made. We were going off-topic a bit.

Also note that Tomytec recently announced the Keihan 600系 as well, it is due for release in September if I'm right. That's the normal livery though, but hopefully they will make a K-ON livery as well, and the Gundam one for the people who like that.

Hi, yeah the B-Train will be already coloured and might have a few stickers to put on.

Densha thanks for the info about Tomytec, oh yeah Gundam version would be great!!!

Yeah sorry Tomo we was off-topic.

Lot's of new B-Train stuff coming out, very exciting!!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10193172  J.R. Shikoku Limited Express DMU Series 2000

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10193166  DD53 (Snow-plow Car)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10193174  Container Cars Set 3 - Series Koki100

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10193173  Electric Locomotive Type EF510

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10193164  Keihan Train Type 600 (Standard Color)

Krackel Hopper

You have to paint and put stickers on those K-On trains? I ordered some of the B-Train ones, didnt know that.

I am thinking it is like the Tama & Ichigo B-Trains, being pre-painted base colors, but all the pictures/images will be on a decal sheet for the user to apply.

This is from Hobby Search.

※ There are some places that need sealing paste.

Hi, thanks for the info Densha. That website is very interesting.

Yeah if you find the bookmark please let me know, many thanks.

:notworthy:

And I finally found it, it was only party in my bookmarks and it was this topic on the forum:

http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/topic,6546.new.htm

Again, not that this is about the Greenmax model of the Keihan 600 series. Sorry for the off-topic.

CaptOblivious

I just got my first power chassis and set of wheels. I can't seem to figure out how to install the weights though: they don't seem to be held in in any way when I try to put them in as the photo suggests. They just flop and slide around the inside. Maybe I am doing something wrong? Could someone help explain these instructions perhaps?

Scan_1.jpeg

"I just got my first power chassis and set of wheels. I can't seem to figure out how to install the weights though: they don't seem to be held in in any way when I try to put them in as the photo suggests. They just flop and slide around the inside. Maybe I am doing something wrong? Could someone help explain these instructions perhaps?"

Use a small piece of double sided tape or a glue dot.  Doesn't have to be too strong since the weights are captive inside the body anyway.

Thanks for the link Densha  :notworthy:

Regarding the weights in B-train's, I also just use a bit of double sided tape to hold them in place. That usually stops the moving around.

CaptOblivious

Thanks; I had just assumed from the images that they would snap in cleanly and tightly like the rest of the model did.

Im having trouble with numbering 2 of my trains.

I bought a Hankyu 2000 and 2300 B-Trains, and I want to make them as similar as possible to trains from a game I play.

Trouble is, the stickers that came with them dont include the same running numbers as the game. One of which, 2356, I was going to find pretty hard to get, but the other one is just a plain 2000 numbered train. It seems strange that they wouldnt include 2000 on the stickers by default.

Hello B-Train Fans

I love the look of these little trains and have taken the plunge and ordered a couple from a site in Japan.

Do all the chassis fit all of the bodies? I can then swap bodies out as I please depending on what I want to run.

EDIT: forgot to tell you what I ordered, I went for Sobu-Nagareyama Electric Railway Type 3000 Wakaba and a Keio Corporation Series 8000

Both including registered shipping to the UK for less than £20 GBP total was 2280 Japanese Yen. Unfortunately it looks like they where the lat ones on the site I ordered them from.

Thanks

Davo Dentetsu

Tomo single handedly saving the thread.  That's dedication! :D

And even more cool additions to the collection by the looks of it.  Very impressive.

Tomo single handedly saving the thread.  That's dedication! :D

And even more cool additions to the collection by the looks of it.  Very impressive.

Oh Im dedicated when it comes to adorable model trains.

The 8000 was so expensive, but worth it. I love it.

Do all the chassis fit all of the bodies? I can then swap bodies out as I please depending on what I want to run.

Assuming you mean do the chassis with the motors fit all the trains? I think they do, Im not sure but I think they do.

Krackel Hopper

Over the weekend I finally had time to build a couple..

My shinkansen fleet is growing..

0 Series 6 car set in 'fresh green'

700 Series Type 923 Dr. Yellow

N700 Sakura (just built the add-on cars to make the R10 version)

E5 Hayabusa

Jeff - do you have a link to the Doug Coster Shorty shinkansens you speak of?

Assuming you mean do the chassis with the motors fit all the trains? I think they do, Im not sure but I think they do.

Cool it looks like they pretty much are all the same size its just the wheel configuration that changes. I will be ordering a couple of chassis later in the week and the boogies for the non powered car.

Jeff - do you have a link to the Doug Coster Shorty shinkansens you speak of?

not yet i think its first show was like a week ago. perhaps philip will have some picts of it he will be willing to share.

jeff

Would one of our Japanese speaking members mind contacting Bandai and asking if an EH500 could be a possibility?

EH500.jpg

Unfortunately, the contact details on the website lead to a contact form (rather than a simple e-mail) and Google translate doesn't like this at all.

Yeah lots of cool new B-Train Shorty releases.

I wish they would do some extra cars for the Spacia, so I can make a longer train. The parts supplied in the 2 car box don't include the normal roofs. Has anyone else noticed this? Normally the B-Trains come with a good selection of alternative parts.  ???

There's a 10th anniversary book of B-Train Shorties, presumably showcasing all the trains in the series. Along with the book are 2 DD51 locomotives in the Hokutosei color, which as far as I know aren't available anywhere else. These would go super well with the Cassiopeia set, and the Hokutosei coloring looks amazing in this compressed model.

See: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10200545

Yes the book looks so great! I have one in the mail heading my way.

Those DD51's look so good.

It's amazing the number of models that Bandai have released this year, very good for us B-train fans.

:grin

Krackel Hopper

I can't help but wonder..

Bandai released the Cassiopeia as a special set with 4 locos.  Two EF81s and two EF510s, one set in Cassiopeia the other in Hokutosei.  Now they've released the Hokutosei DD51s..

Does this mean we'll soon see a Hokutosei set?

Will they re-release the Twilight Express?

I can only hope..

I have the DD51 Hokutosei set awaiting shipment.  It is sitting in the same pre-order as the other two Shorty DD51s when they come out in the next week or two!

Yodobashi Camera in Akihabara and Shinjuku still have both sets of the Twilight Express. Other shops also have them, too, I believe.

Sorry, I can't help more at this time.

Grant