Bandai B-Train Shorty

Welshbloke

Krackel Hopper

Looking at some Hobby Show photos..

I wonder if this will be a limited release, or if it will be available through all the regular sources:

N700 R10 rainbow

(image too big to post in-thread)

http://www.hobby-show.info/tokyo2011/images/0089.jpg

Hobby Search just posted a Pre-Order for the B-Train N700 R10

It is a little frustrating how this is released.  I understand it is the 4 painted cars.. and it would be perfect if Bandai were still releasing sets like they originally did.. with a basic set (that contained both cab cars) and add-on set (all coach cars) like they did with the 700 Series or 700 Hikari Railstar.  Then all you'd need is to buy this R10 set plus the N700 Sakura add-on set.. and you'd be done..

Instead, you need to purchase both N700 Sakura A & B sets, then swap in the four R10 set cars.. so you're purchasing 12 cars to make an 8 car consist.. and there is really no way to utilize those extra 4 cars..

Hi, I really hope someone can help me with some information on Bandai B-Train Shorty's.

Recently I ordered a B Train Shorty "Type Keikyu 2100"

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10138120

It say to use a Power Unit 2, but I have found out that the Power Unit 2's are no longer being made, does anyone know if I can use a Power Unit 3 on this model?

Also does anybody know which power unit to use on the "Kintetsu 10100 updated 100th anniversary" of B Train Shorty

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10119039

I am new to modeling Shorty's and really would be very happy with any advice.

Many Thanks  :blob3:

Krackel Hopper

Welcome to the world of Shorties!

Power Unit 2 is still made.  HobbySearch seems to re-stock these units every couple months.  You can also find them from other sources.  PlazaJapan (on Ebay) currently has 5 of these in stock.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/B-Train-Powered-Motorized-Chassis-3-Bandai-N-scale-/200724207079?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item2ebc1855e7#ht_2575wt_932

I would guess the motor for Kintetsu 10100 would also be Power Unit 2, but the box does not say.  If you are already buying one for your Keikyu 2100, I would test it in the Kintetsu.  If it works, order another Power Unit 2.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply and great information.

The link is for the B-Train Powered Motorized Chassis 3 not 2, so I am a little confused. Hope you can explain further.

Looking forward to setting up a shorty layout.

Once again many thanks.

:hello2:

Krackel Hopper

My fault, was looking at the wrong motor!

It does seem Unit 2 is out of stock.  HobbySearch does re-stock these every couple months.

Before Bandai released their motors, Kato built one designed to fit B-Trans & the Kato Pocket Line sets.

They are pretty much the same as Unit 2, except they have generic "express" or "commuter" trucks (in black or grey) already installed.. these would also work for your B-trains.  Two of my B-Train sets are running with these Kato motors.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10032823

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10030554

• Like 1

Hi, thank you, good information .......

I will soon have them up and running.

Looking forward to the Shinkansen Series E5 being released.

:blob7:

Krackel Hopper

B-Trains are starting to take over my house!

Last week I received my B-Tran Cassiopeia and today I put it together.

Only 3 of my sets (and 3 locos) are powered.. the rest still need N gauge trucks and/or motors..

Here's some photos of the current collection.

P1010003-1.jpg

P1010005-1.jpg

P1010012-1.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010016.jpg

That's a lot of trains, really impressive collection  :grin

The Nankai 50000 looks good, I have one on order. Have you tried it powered? Just wondering which chassis it takes.

These models are very addictive  :grin

Any train that takes the chassis 2 will take the chassis 3.  Chassis 2 only had one truck (2 axles) powered, the chassis 3 is identical but has both trucks (4 axles) powered.  The Nankai 50000 6 car set you see a photo of in my last post above is powered by a single chassis 3.  I also have the Keikyu 2100 and powered it with the chassis 3.  I would steer clear of the chassis 2 since it is older and a lot less powerful, go with the chassis 3 and you will be fine, especially if you use Kato trucks for the non powered trucks, since they roll much smoother than the bandai trailing trucks.  If you look back through this thread you will see more information on this very subject.

Cheers

Nick

Hobby Search are taking reservations for the Pro Hobby bogie and chassis weights for Shorties.

After being out of stock for a while, I decided to get 16 sets reserved. :grin

Just wanted to share this picture, my EF64 1000 Bandai B-Train Shorty & EF64 1000 PRMLOCO Z Scale.

Looking forward to the B-Train Shorty E5 being released.

Totally addicted to collecting these amazing models.

:cya:

post-818-13569930732562_thumb.jpg

Hey guys!

I just bought the Cassiopiea set and received the other day. This time there was something additional in the box, a mail-in card that I would presumably put my address on and send back to the company... Unfortunately I don't read Japanese so the only thing I recognized was a 10th anniversary logo in the corner. Anyone received one of these cards and know what its about? Maybe a special anniversary train??

Hi, I noticed the 10th anniversary card also. From what little I can read it says at the top :-

New goods request. Future B-Train Shorty goods want.

So sadly it's not a card for getting a super free gift.

Would be nice to see a DD51-1000 released.

:grin

Just wanted to share these pictures, Kato N Gauge 10100 Vista Car & B-Train Shorty 10100 Vista Car.

This is one of my favourites so far released from Bandai.

:icon_sunny:

post-818-13569930767208_thumb.jpg

post-818-13569930767614_thumb.jpg

Interesting... so for their 10th anniversary they let buyers vote on their favourite products for re-release and new manufacture? Looks like they made some good choices! The DD51 looks great as does the E653. Looks like I'll be reserving some!

Yes it's great to see the DD51, I have pre-ordered two (will look great double headed).

The livery with the black cab has the nick name "Ultraman"  :grin

Yeah the E653 is also great!!

Some good choices.

Man, am I the only one who worries if my first post will come out fine on forums new to me?

Anyway, hi. I recently managed to find a picture of a B-Train Shorty and thought it was a fantastic idea. Now, a few months later I have all these:

eOIOq.jpg

8bprg.jpg

And from Bidjdm, I have a 4 car set of a 0 Series Shinkansen, 115 Series in Suka livery and Kiha 181 in that red and cream livery. From 1999.co.jp I have 2 DD51 Diesels on Pre-order and a Hankyu 9300 with them.

Sorry if I got any names wrong. I struggle to remember them sometimes.

• Like 1