Bandai B-Train Shorty

Welshbloke

I've tried Kato pantographs and the fit right into the holes on the B Train Shorty.

Oh, I didn't know Kato had single arm pantographs sold separately but now that I look it up they do.

Or actually, I might have known but I decided against them because they looked like they didn't have the 2 stubs on the bottom to slot into the roof.

Edited by Keikyu

Alright, I will definitely be having a good look at those.

Something that would be cool would be a list of the pantographs Shorty trains come with, and the ones that Kato/Tomix/Greenmax make that would correspond with them.

• Like 1

Does anyone have any experience with either the Kato or Bandai motor chassis being operated with PWM/feedback type controllers?  Do they make the high pitch whine like other motors?  Are there any precautions/warnings AGAINST using such controllers with either of these chassis'?

Thanks

Nick

Edited by nickhp

This new Jyōshin DEKI 1 locomotive that is coming out in December looks pretty interesting and may be even a little according to scale!

http://www.1999.co.jp/10232025

I'm wondering if a motor fits in it and if it'll be able to pull more than its own weight (it probably will with a Bandai motor unit). I think this will be a very well sought after item by many! I'll probably buy a bucketload when it comes out in December, since I love little electric engines!

If you put "デキ1" into Google images, you get a few pictures of them. Most of them seem to have 2 Dekis so maybe they had some kind of pairing system. In which case buying 2 would get you paired Dekis and 2 EMU carriages.

But what do I know.

I have a question that I was just thinking about. If I am mainly going to be running B Trains on Kato Unitrack, what is the minimum curve radius that I can use? I'm looking to take a Kato track plan a saw and shrink it.

B-trains have no problem going through 103mm Tomix curves, so I presume they will have no problem negating the smallest Unitrack curves ;)

So this morning Noah said "Let's make a movie Dad". Here it is, a Kato Yamanote and a B Train Shorty Yamanote all on his new viaduct track. When you hear him say "Dada!", that's when my hand derails the B Train Shorty.

Cheers eh,

Todd

• Like 1

Oops, sorry guys. That has now been rectified. Thanks for the heads up.

Todd

Edited by tossedman
  • Like 1

Now that's cool. B Train Shorty heaven. And DCC too. I love it. Noah and I were just discussing what kind of module to make. Lots of inspiration there.

Todd

sundaytrain

Btrain will be definitly my next train project. I'm currently working on a LEGO layout, and next it will be btrain too.

I need to see how I can motorize the 2 cars tramways to make a urban layout !

• Like 1

I need to start posts on my 2 (main) layouts one of these days...

One is a 8x3 5 track/2 level layout, mainly designed for me to run my full length trains of 12-16 cars on.  The other is only 4x2 with 2 tracks but can handle up to 10 car trains.

Of course, these layouts are insignificant for the number of B trains I have collected to date...  I have about 1,500 individual cars at the moment!  I am thinning out my collection, but I am also still adding to it which means no real changes in the overall number.  I know, I need help!!

• Like 1

I'll help you thin out your collection, Nick!! I just got our old kitchen table into my basement so I have a nice sized space to finally build my layout. 

....Of course, these layouts are insignificant for the number of B trains I have collected to date...  I have about 1,500 individual cars at the moment!  I am thinning out my collection, but I am also still adding to it which means no real changes in the overall number.  I know, I need help!!

Nick are you still selling? I saw your ad from last June.

Todd

sundaytrain

Hi,

I've got a question for you btrain experts : I've got some tramway (I guess) 2 cars trains I'd like to motorize, but their chassis seems to be very specific, with a central boggey :

P7090434_zps786acb9e.jpg

P7090437_zpsef07c34b.jpg

I don't understand what kind of boggey or motor assembly I should use for this typical kind of trains. Maybe it's just impossible ?

Another question, concerning the Btrain oval track set (available on hobby search for example) : it seems really cheap, is it compatible with other brands of N track ?

thank you !

II have about 1,500 individual cars at the moment!

Holy crap! Just imagine how large your yard should be to put all these cars on!

@sundaytrain

Oohh I've never seen that Enoden train in that livery before.