Bandai B-Train Shorty

Welshbloke

They are Kato spare parts. I cant remember the exact number, as I am at work. I will look tonight.

I've been trying to figure out how to find the specific pantographs for each train but it's hard to find without the actual parts sheet that comes with the full-sized kato train...

Wow gotta give you the title of 500-lover man! You have the B-shorty & HO versions for it!

Yikes scary dog...

Alright, so Kato spare pantographs work but all I see them having is the box shaped ones. Greenmax has a few single arm ones, but Im not sure how well they would slot in on B-Trains.

Anyone used them before?

Hum.... Greenmax might work. They seem to possess the same attach system as the Kato's. Of course this needs confirmation but from the picture I can see, it should work. Best is too try with one pair first. If not, I have heard that Tomix's can work if you are willing to work a little bit on it. I think they simply require a little bit of filling.

Me not into B-Trains, but they look very nice! I like both the Romancecar sets. The one on the right is Odakyu as well right?

Me not into B-Trains, but they look very nice! I like both the Romancecar sets. The one on the right is Odakyu as well right?

Yup, a 9000 I think.

Being mid level dyslexic i get flumixed by numbers and names for details like this all the time!

Don't you even know what train you bought? :grin

I kind of get lost with all the numbers occasionally. ???

Davo Dentetsu

Dnkfk.jpg

Got my dirty hands on these today  :grin

Wash your hands immediately!  Certainly building up an enviable fleet there. :D

The nice words are appreciated guys. I still got a fair few Im waiting on, including a D51 that should be coming out soon from 1999.co.jp.

10181350a.jpg

That handsome little bugger.

• Like 1

Really like the 50000 VSE Romance train.....the B-Trains are really cute! Like the new Steam Engine you've ordered.

Nice!

There's also an normal 1:150 scale Keihan K-ON train on schedule, not a B-Train of course.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10183970

I actually want to pre-order one, but I'm scared off by the idea that I have to put it together and attach the decals myself and that I ruin it. I don't have any experience with train model kits and my building kits go reasonable.

Hi, yeah there is a normal 1:150 scale Keihan K-ON train on pre-order. I have it ordered also  :grin

I think it won't be too difficult to assemble, maybe the decals will be a bit tricky.

Really want to know how to motorise this, I wonder if a tomytec power unit will fit it?  ???

I guess you have to find that out when you get it, but because it is a Greenmax kit with other decals you can look on the internet for it. I do have some pages bookmarked somewhere, if you want I could try to look for it. Googling "greenmax 京阪 600系" will also have some results. Found this one of someone who makes the K-ON painting by themselves: http://redbelt.blog98.fc2.com/blog-category-29.html

Maybe I should just order it and hope for the best.

Hi, thanks for the info Densha. That website is very interesting.

Yeah if you find the bookmark please let me know, many thanks.

:notworthy: