Bandai B-Train Shorty

Welshbloke

dpkworldwide
Man, am I the only one who worries if my first post will come out fine on forums new to me?

Your post seems to have come through fine. It came through so well, in fact, that I'm sitting here turning green and salivating over the Keihan 8000 series in your photo...

I really have a fascination and love for these little B Train guys. I have about half a dozen different sets and am beginning to order them more regularly. Of course, I come to this too late to be able to find the Keihan trains (hence my color change and mouth-watering mentioned above). To be honest, I haven't really made an exhaustive search to find any out there that might still be available, so I'd better get on that.

By the way--is there anyone reading this interested at all in selling/trading any B Train Keihan sets? Or who can point me to where I might still be able to get my hands on some? Pretty please?  :angel7:

Davo Dentetsu

Heh, wouldn't mind having one or two just for the novelty factor.  Something like an EF(anything).

By the way--is there anyone reading this interested at all in selling/trading any B Train Keihan sets? Or who can point me to where I might still be able to get my hands on some? Pretty please?  :angel7:

If its fine linking this kind of thing, I got most of mine from Bidjdm. Not sure how it works, but for a bit extra you can get alot of discontinued models and such on it. A 7 or 8 car B-train shorty Twilight Express was on there the other day, I debated whether to buy it but I couldnt afford it.

theres a few Keihan trains here

dpkworldwide
If its fine linking this kind of thing, I got most of mine from Bidjdm. Not sure how it works, but for a bit extra you can get alot of discontinued models and such on it. A 7 or 8 car B-train shorty Twilight Express was on there the other day, I debated whether to buy it but I couldnt afford it.

That is GREAT! I'd never heard of this site before--what a treasure-trove. I will be taking a careful look.

Of course, in reality Tomo, I don't know whether to thank you or curse you for helping my wallet spring a new leak!  :laugh:

Of course, in reality Tomo, I don't know whether to thank you or curse you for helping my wallet spring a new leak!  :laugh:

Whoa whoa whoa, you arent the only one! Ive spent way too much on there. I got 2 Hankyu 9000 clocks from there a few days ago, apparently only 200 were made and I won a bid for 2 of them. It has alot of great train related stuff, not just B-Trains.

If anyone in the USA wants a 16 car set of the Series 0 bullet train, send me a PM.  I have 3 sets and will probably sell 2 of them, would rather not put them on EBay if I can avoid it.  I will probably be selling a lot of new, unopened B-Trains in the next month or so, if interested please let me know and I can provide a list of what I have.  I will probably list it in the sale section of this site, but since this topic is here I thought I would mention it here too...

Just picked up a parcel from the post office and lo and behold my B-Train E5s have arrived! Looks like I have something to do this evening!  :grin

Gday everybody!

I've discovered this forum whilst searching about the B-train shorty trains on the net.

I ordered an A and B set of the E5 shinkansen models.

I work as a FIFO worker on the mines in Western Australia (driving trains mind you  :grin ) and wanted some models to build that I could easily carry on the plane in my carry on luggage and these are perfect!

After reading all the posts I just ordered 2 of the Keikyu 2100 EMUs and some bogies and trams too.

I'm hoping to learn more about them from the members here as well as posting some of my ideas and hints too.

BTW, I'm a big Yamanote Line fan so I'm hoping for some more related shortys to come out too!

After reading all the posts I just ordered 2 of the Keikyu 2100 EMUs and some bogies and trams too.

Ah lucky you. I really want some of those, but cash is running a bit low. Its surprisingly cheap to get them to NSW from Japan though. Cant say I was expecting that.

Ah lucky you. I really want some of those, but cash is running a bit low. Its surprisingly cheap to get them to NSW from Japan though. Cant say I was expecting that.

Yes, I travelled on the 2100s when I visited Japan. I love the VVVF traction "music" on these cars. Pitty we can't get the B trains to make the same noise  :grin

And I was also quite surprised how cheap the EMS postage through Hobby Search was to WA. And quick too!

Just a quick question for the boffins  ???

I am up to the stage where I need to start applying stickers to my E5 shortys.

I can't read the Japanese instructions and want to know if the stickers are normal adhesive stickers or water decals?

And does anyone have any tips or tricks for cutting them out and applying them?

I'd like to try and get them right the first time as I don't think there's too many, if any, spares.

Thanks in advance

Just a quick question for the boffins  ???

I am up to the stage where I need to start applying stickers to my E5 shortys.

I can't read the Japanese instructions and want to know if the stickers are normal adhesive stickers or water decals?

And does anyone have any tips or tricks for cutting them out and applying them?

I'd like to try and get them right the first time as I don't think there's too many, if any, spares.

Thanks in advance

Theyre adhesive or all the ones ive had are, and first time I stuck them on I cut them out with nail scissors, never again.

Im going to buy some kind of scalpel, will make it alot easier. Its probably the easiest way.

yeah scissors can do odd things to the edges of stickers that are hard to get them flat on all edges once stuck.

#11 hobby knifes work as well as scalpels, scalpels just last longer on the tips (easy to snap off the tip of the #11) but a new #11 tip is actually sharper. Scalpels are not meant to have super sharp pointy tips, but a fine edge along the blade and stronger steel. are a bit harder to get and a tad more expensive.

also find cutting out tiny tomytec stickers easier on a little light box i have using a translucent white cutting mat on top of it. I find i can also cut not quite all the way thru the backing so i can use the tip of the knife to easily pull off just the sticker and the backing stays with the larger piece. just takes a bit of practice with your knife pressure. if you cut off the backing as well on a tiny sticker its tough to separate the backing off the tiny sticker.

jeff

• Like 1

Thanks heaps guys for the tips on the stickers. I'll give it a go tonight  :grin

@toy maker: jealous much! Where did you score the 500 Shinkansen shortys? I've been

Looking everywhere for those and the E231-500's?

Im thinking of buying some pantographs for some of mine.

Ive seen photos of B-trains with Pantograhs that go up and down. Are those like a specific brand? Do they slot in on the holes on the top or do you need to glue them on?

Also Im not sure which ones my EF66, Odakyu 1000 and Hankyu 2300 would use.