Tomix - New Releases

Looks pretty good for wifi! But hard to tell the FPS and how cleannthenimage or stutter is being a filming of a screen and then youtubed (YouTube compression does odd things with stuff already compressed at times). I've tried a couple of cheap wifi but at even medium sizes they could not really do a clean 15 FPS. Looks like the focus is pretty close in (again hard to tell with this recording) and this is the issue of rolling your own with most small cameras as they tend to have a min od like 12-18" to start their focal range and that does not work well for a train camera.

Jeff

Not quite as the acceleration lever increases the voltage and keeps it stable in 0. The brake decreases the voltage and keeps it stable in 0. Full brake acts as an emergency/parking brake. The actual track voltage level is an integral of the two settings over time. Basically you release the brakes, then speed up with the throttle, coast with both in 0 and gradually stop with the brakes. Then park the train before reversing or at the end of the run. The voltage or more correctly the pulse width modulation signal is calculated based on the throttle/brake settings. The circuit works pretty much like in digital but all components are in the same box. Works like any 1:1 driving simulator.

Thanks! I'm really tempted by this! I'm a sucker for realistic controllers apparently.....

i saw the one with sounds and stuff from the other thread and it had me drooling......this one seems more economical though.

This one?

来春製品化アイテム! n30.gif7331000_s.jpg

733-1000系(はこだてライナー)/313-8000系(セントラルライナー)/島式ホーム

Amazing! It seems it is going to be in Spring 2017, around April or so? Finally a Central liner! 

This one?

来春製品化アイテム! n30.gif7331000_s.jpg

733-1000系(はこだてライナー)/313-8000系(セントラルライナー)/島式ホーム

Amazing! It seems it is going to be in Spring 2017, around April or so? Finally a Central liner!

Wonder when it will be up for preorder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't see inside as the exhibit walls block the view and the windows are vinyled over. This is purely for the collectors who would like to display the car with the shell removed. For running, it's completly indifferent, except the Kato version has other, visible differences from the prototype. I wonder if a replacement shell with a transparent roof would be popular as an add on for the Tomix variant.

You could also replace the side windows if you like:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10056421

i'm sure there is another one for a singe car, but I cant find the part number for the moment. I'm quite sure it can also fit on the eva car, though some windows might need some adjustments... However, if you change the windows, it will no longer be like the real car though...

I prefer it this way, with the windows closed. The interiors are a welcomed added feature ~ However, I'm confused. Is it printed on, or decal, or both?  :P

Thanks! So how does the brake work? Obviously no real breaks in n gauge trains. Is it just another voltage knob?

You might get a clearer picture here:

It is great fun driving the train with this!

But still, nothing beats the king of controllers!

(turn on the volume for this one)

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 1
Das Steinkopf

Tomix is coming out with a 313-8000.

I'm waiting for when they do a 313-3000 Series, I have already got the Kato 313-1700 so a 313-3000 would be a nice edition to my contemporary Iida Line stock.

I'm pretty sure they're just the normal Tomix stickers that you have to cut out judging by the sheet. A clear roof option would be nice. Wish this set would have came with pre-installed lights too... 

Two things about the camera train that take it off my want list at the moment.  It seems the camera will use track power so the chances are it won't like DCC very much and will the phone apps be available outside Japan?

Price was the biggest turn off for me.

Considering the last version was cheaper and came with a receiver screen.  Now you are using your own camera, the whole package should be cheaper.

But being able to use your own screen through a cell/mobile phone means it issues of power supply voltage are negated.  The last Tomix screen was 100V only.

Why not just try to download the app beforehand, and decide whether to buy the camera train based on whether or not you were able to download the app?

A DCC problem is probably not a problem as it's probably meant for DC CL operation with a diode bridge and a voltage regulator like in the track cleaner. This means if you keep the DCC voltage down to N scale (12-14V), then it will work.

The phone app is a good question, but hopefully it will work as a webcam with a video stream, which would make it compatible with any phone, desktop or other system using wifi and ip. Maybe someone could ask Tomix about the camera access protocol?

I jumped into it almost immediately, as I always wanted a camera train... The phone app is a real good question though... Reason I got it so fast is also because I am lacking a E233-3000 so coincidentally...