What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Limited Edition Kato 30th Anniversary Suica Penguin wrapping Tohoku E2 Shinkansen arrived today.

That looks mighty fine..... Tried looking for info on that set I can't find any..... (google not strong with me this morning...)

Limited Edition Kato 30th Anniversary Suica Penguin wrapping Tohoku E2 Shinkansen arrived today.

me too!!! :)

my friend Naoto just told me that both sets are on the way :-) , also I wait one E1 and one E6 Tomix special editions from Keitaro, my new train "pusher"

(but this Kato E2 is too much expensive compared with the rest, it's a simple repaint, maybe it's caused from Suica copyright)

ciao

Massimo

Yea i found it here... i think they sold out... or only available in stores.

Yup, that's the one. Required a special advance reservation and physical attendance at Popondetta... it was not made available through their Internet store.  Reservations were only open for a couple of days and sold out very quickly.  I had to go to a lot of trouble to get one. :icon_bounce:

Edited by VJM
Yup, that's the one. Required a special advance reservation and physical attendance at Popondetta... it was not made available through their Internet store.  Reservations were only open for a couple of days and sold out very quickly.  I had to go to a lot of trouble to get one. :icon_bounce:

It's an awesome looking train with the wrap. Enjoy it. I'll enjoy it in picture form...... with tears........

Here's some more information about the prototype: http://www.shinkansen-year2012.com/wrapping/vol1/index.html

If you click on each car, there's something about each one of the illustrations on the train.  Basically it's a representative image of every town/area that E2 passes through.

Also, here's some video from JR East regarding each of their wrapping trains along with a 30th Anniversary Thankyou CM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5Wb-H0ndVI&list=PL20560DBAA4892770&index=1

Edited by VJM
  • Like 2

My Tomix model of the recently-retired E1 "Max" Joetsu Shinkansen arrived today, both basic and expansion sets. This is the version with a pink crested ibex next to the Max logo.

This is a cool-looking train, and my first Tomix model of any kind of MU train, so I'm looking forward to getting it on the layout and putting it through its paces. I've been a bit distracted from modeling lately, but this should give me something to inspire more work on the layout.

ken,

love the e1 max even if it is a big brute of a train. like the e4 seeing them in person makes a big difference as well, this huge thing sliding in so quietly to a station very gracefully, very impressive.

one thing to look for was the kato double truss bridges. my kato e1s would nick the upper corner where there was a little arch brace if the bridge was right next to the curves on the inside track. no biggie for me as it was with temp setup on the table so just moved the bridge. little filing out of the brace could have solved it. it may have been when the cars swayed just right as it only had issues now and then. dynamics with the tomix coupling/train may be a bit different.

enjoy!

jeff

I have two of those bridges at either ends of a curve, and can't relocate them, so that may limit this to operation over the outer track. Thanks for the tip.

Its Christmas in April!

My first order from HS finally arrived! 

It was my first time ordering from HS and SAL shipping, so I tested their services with just a few items - a Kato power pack, EF210 Loco and a couple of rolling stock. This was shipped last Feb 4. There is a Philippine post stamp dated March 18, so I wondered why I never got a notice from our local post. They must've been slacking again!

Just before I left the post, they told me that I have another box from Japan which just arrived. This was my 2nd order from HS containing about half the tracks for my proposed layout. This was shipped last March 12, but I never expected it to arrive this soon as I was expecting about a month as it certainly took my first order about that long (or so I thought).

Anyway, leaving the post with 2 boxes from HS - makes me a happy camper!!

On my way home, I went to a nearby mall and scored a step down transformer, multimeter and a few back issues of Model Railroader! 

Time to play!!!

Mardon

IMG_0860_zps0560c2ab.jpgIMG_0861_zpse0bde43b.jpgIMG_0862_zps999d2ba9.jpgIMG_0863_zpsaa2d9787.jpg

• Like 2
Martijn Meerts

The trains have a bit lower priority at the moment (so busy at work it's not even funny anymore), so I haven't been ordering much at all. I think my Kato E6 is finally shipping soon, and still have a couple of trains on pre-order. Also pre-ordered the Tomix C61 from loco1hobby .. I just can't pass up a nicely detailed steamer, especially since it'll be my first C61 ;)

Here's some more information about the prototype: http://www.shinkansen-year2012.com/wrapping/vol1/index.html

If you click on each car, there's something about each one of the illustrations on the train.  Basically it's a representative image of every town/area that E2 passes through.

Also, here's some video from JR East regarding each of their wrapping trains along with a 30th Anniversary Thankyou CM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5Wb-H0ndVI&list=PL20560DBAA4892770&index=1

Seeing that video really makes me want to hunt for that set even more.....

Hi Macdon:

Good buy there! Yes i understand the feeling of receiving the parcels from Japan! It certainly feels good while you slowly cut open the box! Nice layout parts for a start! By the way, if you check out the 'Suppliers' section, there are a few better suppliers out there other than HS. No doubt HS has a comprehensive data base with pictures of N scale trains and stuff, HS prices has been increasing slightly... I started ordering from PJ, since it's in ebay and it was the easiest for me at that time. Then i found HS and i thought i founded heaven! Until now i discovered even better suppliers that offer even sweeter attractive prices..  Whai i did was to make use of HS's extensive data base and wish list function to benchmark what i wanted, then ask the other supplier's to look for the items instead..

Something that came in the mail recently and now added to my Steam locomotive rollingstock is the C58 steam locomotive. I had it next to the C57 just to compaire the the size of the locos and amazed by it. now looking forward in running more steam loco running trains.

Hi Macdon:

Good buy there! Yes i understand the feeling of receiving the parcels from Japan! It certainly feels good while you slowly cut open the box! Nice layout parts for a start! By the way, if you check out the 'Suppliers' section, there are a few better suppliers out there other than HS. No doubt HS has a comprehensive data base with pictures of N scale trains and stuff, HS prices has been increasing slightly... I started ordering from PJ, since it's in ebay and it was the easiest for me at that time. Then i found HS and i thought i founded heaven! Until now i discovered even better suppliers that offer even sweeter attractive prices..  Whai i did was to make use of HS's extensive data base and wish list function to benchmark what i wanted, then ask the other supplier's to look for the items instead..

Thanks for the heads up, JR500. 

Feel free to pm me any recommendations but was hoping it would have an english language website.

Plaza Japan seems like a popular ebay seller in various model train communities - too bad for us as they dont ship to Philippines. 

Yeah, HS seems to be the best one when it comes to an item's information. The various pics of all items do help as well. Instruction sheets is a bonus too.

Im in the market for a nice Kiha but cant seem to find something that I like in HS. Either out of stock or have been terminated. 

Mardon

Nice NuclearErick! All of the Sayonaras Shinkansens! Hhmmm was there ever a Sayonara 400? Very beautiful! Perhaps the next will be sayonara 700, with the N700 and new N700A taking over? Just wondering why there are no sayonaras for the E series, like Sayonara E1, or soon to be sayonara-ed E2 and E3 ?

Will be sending you the PM in a minute Mardon! I'm moving towards boycotting HS soon...

NuclearErick
Nice NuclearErick! All of the Sayonaras Shinkansens! Hhmmm was there ever a Sayonara 400? Very beautiful! Perhaps the next will be sayonara 700, with the N700 and new N700A taking over? Just wondering why there are no sayonaras for the E series, like Sayonara E1, or soon to be sayonara-ed E2 and E3 ?

hum lets see:

500系 Kodama

700 7000系 Rail Star now is Kodama too in both cases i guess N700-7000 and N700-8000 or JR West shortened the N700A in another version ?!

700系 when N700A will have enough sets

E2系 when the E7/W7 will debut 2014 ? not sure

E3系 and E3 1000系 E6 in both mini Shinkansen lines ?

E4系 JR East said will be retire at 2016

i forget the U001 800系 but too expensive for only 6-Car Set maybe the U005 will be in the list sooner, more cheaper :)