What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Apparently, with some folks here, Odakyū's 1000 type front handrails cause frustration and physical threats. I'll let the local station master know.

Edited by Kabutoni
  • Like 1

Ok enough on the topic of the photo guidelines here and keep the conversation civil (as requested in the guidelines). Any posts on the guidelines here will be moved over to the thread discussing that.

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/12307-some-basic-guidelines/

Only edits mods do to post is to change the embeds or copied photos to links as under the guidelines. Content is not edited.

Thanks

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 2

While the handrails of the Odakyu 1000 are hard to install, they are not impossible to install though, just a little patience and concentration. With my humble and limited modelling skills I can barely cope to install them nicely, but still doable. Also, the handrails need to be installed to complete the look on the train, otherwise the holes at the front just looks pretty weird without them...

While it truly is an expensive set, the color is really nice and I jumped straight in to get this, after missing the original release that was eons ago. It also really matches well with the romance cars for a nice hakone-yumoto scene that is one of my favorite station scenes in Japan...

I really need to stop giving myself excuses to buy more trains!   :(

Das Steinkopf

Some Taki 1000s for my EH200.

33264488275_4483a98f3e_z.jpg

taki-1000 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Nice Kato 10-1167 8 car set, I have that set as well as 8037-6 and I look forward to expand my fleet with some of the new Tomix versions.

• Like 3
Das Steinkopf

Koki fleet expansion underway thanks to Nariichi, I originally wasn't going to get the Koki 110's given how small the fleet is but with all 5 card in one set I couldn't resist, mind you it will be the only time that I will own an entire class of wagons.

I also got the Keihan 700 Series in 80 Series 55th Anniversary Livery to add to my Otsusen fleet.

post-3083-0-77784300-1488801958_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

From HS a Greenmax station, the new Tomytec Truck Collection (I didn't get the secret truck if anyone is wondering), and the Takisaki and Mito commuters and from JR500 the Boso View Express, Ben'etsu 455, and Fox, Squid, Crab KiHa 40. Also I really need a better camera...

post-3438-0-50665900-1488813209_thumb.jpg

post-3438-0-38438700-1488813221_thumb.jpg

Edited by nah00
  • Like 7
SirYamanote

Sadly it's no portram or sky tree, but I wanted to see what my Yamanote line would be like in HO [emoji12]

c8669b08994f538fd0ec97cfc8c5462a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Got today the second 2nd hand Kato BR86... chance for a "before and after" view:

post-4432-0-32316900-1488828679_thumb.png

An important information for everybody interested in this kind of kitbash is, I use the old Kato 12702 chassis for it which were issued in the 80ies. You can easily recognize it since it has only 2 screws in the bottom part. The newer reissue has an additional center screw. And, has a more monolithic metal frame which hasn't some of the quite useful threaded holes I recycle for my motor bracket... ;)

@velotrain:

sorry, I didn't notice your reply to my last post on this kitbash project... indeed I plan to do the rest of the build besides the two Kato chassis as custom. I already started to salvage parts from the other shell.

Main reason I cannot reuse the main shell part is, compared to normal one-frame steamers Garratt locos have a short and fat boiler. I already selected 12mm aluminum tube from my basement spares for it.

~D.

Edited by medusa
  • Like 6

Hey bill,I m going to incorporate a small mountain double loop on mine eventually and need a couple of tozan s and this is one of them I picked out,let me know how it performs mate plz? Do you happen to know the minimum radius it will run on?

Cheers,

Paul

Pauljag900, the tomix Hakone Tozan 2000 can run on c103 curves, but with a bit of noise, which could be suffering.
They run well on c140 (they are mini-certified).

• Like 2

Hey bill,I m going to incorporate a small mountain double loop on mine eventually and need a couple of tozan s and this is one of them I picked out,let me know how it performs mate plz? Do you happen to know the minimum radius it will run on?

Cheers,

Paul

Paul it could be some time before I am running.  Life happens. :)

• Like 1

Tasteful choice !

I'd like to say it was the squid car that influenced my choice the most but the fox car takes that honor. Also Micro Ace needs to seriously re-size their cases, this case is a bit too tight for cars.

enodenlover

Just received the TM-04 power unit for Tomytec's  15m class medium size electric car A ( MO3001 ). 

Oh hellz yeah!

IMG_20170310_121302.jpg

I think this is my first 'joyful' or 'painted' train... And it isn't even a JR train! :D

Immediately decided to upgrade my 6050 with TN couplers, as well as put antennae on the 634:

IMG_20170310_141917.jpg

Perhaps, the 634 will also get TN coupler upgrades in the centre part, as the gap is noticeably larger with the supplied bar connectors than the TN couplers. Now I think I'm going to get a few more 6050s until the 500 is released (Tomix perhaps), and step-by-step upgrade them fully with interior lights and extra motors for the unpowered pairs. Also, different decals to remove the 'Asakusa' destination sign for more northern locations.

Edited by Kabutoni
  • Like 11
serotta1972

Got me a Japanese American locomotive!  I believe it's an EF81 in Amtrak Phase II Colors.

post-2776-0-05547200-1489121672_thumb.jpgpost-2776-0-86813900-1489121674_thumb.jpg

Edited by serotta1972
  • Like 11
enodenlover

I just ordered a TM-03 power unit from Plaza Japan, it's for the steeplecab loco in Tomytec's convex electric locomotive and freight car set B. The engine will need a paint job before I'll let it run on my layout since pink is not my idea of motive power color.

• Like 1

Oh hellz yeah!

I think this is my first 'joyful' or 'painted' train... And it isn't even a JR train! :D

Immediately decided to upgrade my 6050 with TN couplers, as well as put antennae on the 634:

IMG_20170310_141917.jpg

Perhaps, the 634 will also get TN coupler upgrades in the centre part, as the gap is noticeably larger with the supplied bar connectors than the TN couplers. Now I think I'm going to get a few more 6050s until the 500 is released (Tomix perhaps), and step-by-step upgrade them fully with interior lights and extra motors for the unpowered pairs. Also, different decals to remove the 'Asakusa' destination sign for more northern locations.

I am very much fighting the urge to get the Sky Tree train, but if I do, as per my new years resolution to buy TN couplers when I buy the train.  How many TN couplers would I need? According to the Hobby Search pictures one end of the cars have TN type coupler (maybe they are TN couplers) but the other end are rapido/arnold couplers......so would I only need 4 TN couplers between the sets? Or would 6 be better and just keep the TN type ones it comes with on the outer cars?  Any info would be appreciated.