What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

c53c4c2610ed8aed53cd8772c4a6f373.jpg

My lights from Hobby Link came today. I ordered them on the 12th with unregistered SAL. All my registered stuff from Amiami took over 4 weeks. What's up whit that?

If they can fit it, sometime SAL just gets thrown (quite literally) on to a plane instead of a container. I've had a large-ish SAL package manage to get onto a plane from HLJ, it got to my house before I was able to look up a tracking data for it. 

• Like 2

Sal goes on planes here to the us (and I would expect Australia), it's just done as space available and no rushing usually. But like you got sometimes smaller packages (bigger ones always take the longest here) can get on planes fast and surprise you! Less of that here now as I think our customs here is also slower than it use to be and expect sal is lower priority in busy times.

Jeff

• Like 1

Yes SAL goes on airplanes for Australia also.

I find the smaller packages quicker also compared to the larger packages.  7-14 days for the smaller ones. 21-28 for the larger ones.

Got my First Tomix unit today (for the nice price of £33) A nice Kiha 52.

temporary_zpshlerwcyh.jpg

Edited by Wonderbolt
  • Like 9

Oh wow! That is ONE GIANTIC haul!  :)

You bought the exact same models as me when I went to japan, the Kato N'EX and the Doctor Yellow! We must share something in common ~

That E5 and E6 bottles are really nice!

• Like 1

A recent delivery from Hobby Link japan due to the recent MA lights sale going for 50% off!

post-819-0-33095400-1490600053_thumb.jpg

I like them having their own personal box just like Mandarake ~

post-819-0-25513000-1490600054_thumb.jpg

What... no protection materials?

post-819-0-45751800-1490600055_thumb.jpg

Though it's nicely packed into a plastic wrap...

post-819-0-83888700-1490600056_thumb.jpg

Some small items and a nice book to read... one of my favorite the E233s...

post-819-0-98857600-1490600057_thumb.jpg

Too bad it is only one set per customer...

• Like 4

I saw the bottles in combini's and those omiyage gift shops at major JR stations along the Shinkansen line when I was in Japan last year. I also found them in all of the railway museums I have been to. I would say they are/were relatively common.

Edited by Yavianice

Yavianice is right. We got them at the JR museum in Saitama. Here's a picture of the label if that helps. We also got some E5 and E6 Shinkansen transformers. I'll post a picture of them later. They're currently involved is a complicated play setup that has a "do not disturb" sign on it.

AjsGP4R.jpg

• Like 3
enodenlover

Yesterday I ordered most of the Tomix  track that I need for my next small layout, which is being built on a 24x36 cork bulletin board that I've already bought. Unfortunately the Super Mini Rail #1112 curves are not in stock at Plaza Japan and since Hobby Search doesn't do Pay Pal Credit, I'll have to wait until next month to order those. I also ordered a Tomix two track engine house from PJ, and, best of all, I found and bought a Tomytec old style "Apollo" gas station ( the 2 story one ) on eBay. Both versions of this building have been unavailable for the past few years.

. . . since Hobby Search doesn't do Pay Pal Credit . . .

Where did you hear that?

Well - they do PayPal and Credit. If you specifically mean a PP credit account, I don't know why they wouldn't accept that, as it is probably a Visa or MasterCard card in actuality.

Or, you could have PP go against your bank account.

Edited by velotrain
enodenlover

Where did you hear that?

Well - they do PayPal and Credit. If you specifically mean a PP credit account, I don't know why they wouldn't accept that, as it is probably a Visa or MasterCard card in actuality.

Or, you could have PP go against your bank account.

I was referring to a Pay Pal Credit account, which doesn't involve any credit card. You just open an account online with PP. Every purchase that I mentioned in that post was made through Plaza Japan or eBay that way. Fortunately it doesn't involve my bank account either since that cupboard is pretty close to bare. I wish that I could order from HS that way but so far it's no go with them.

And it's arrived! Tomix DE10 and KiHa23, green Yo5000, WaRa1 and ToRa70000, and Popondetta WaFu35000, WaMu90000, ToRa25000 and ToRa40000! :D

post-7682-0-84009700-1490655589_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pashina12
  • Like 5

Bob - this may or may not be relevant, but I found this text at PP. It sounds like perhaps the second paragraph applies to Hobby Search.

PayPal Credit works seamlessly with PayPal as a payment option when you check out. When checking out with PayPal, select PayPal Credit as your payment method . If you already have an existing PayPal Credit account that isn’t linked, it will be linked as soon as your purchase is complete.

Some PayPal merchants don't accept PayPal Credit. In addition, please note that even if a merchant offers PayPal Credit as a way to pay , PayPal reserves the right to restrict your ability to use your credit line depending on the circumstances of each purchase. If PayPal Credit doesn’t appear as a payment option at checkout, you won’t be able to use your PayPal Credit account for that particular transaction.

And it's arrived! Tomix DE10 and KiHa23, green Yo5000, WaRa1 and ToRa70000, and Popondetta WaFu35000, WaMu90000, ToRa25000 and ToRa40000! :D

Nice haul Pashina!  I especially like the colors on the KiHa23 and the green Yo5000, cant wait to see them out of the box! 

• Like 1

attachicon.gif20170327_155529.jpg

JNR... JNR... shouldn't get started on JNR...

• Like 1

JNR... JNR... shouldn't get started on JNR...

Yes you should... you know you want to! Besides, all the cool kids are doing it! ;)

• Like 1

I'm so anticipating the High Grade KiHa 40s Tomix is re-releasing very soon, but I have already spent so much on model trains lately... I really need to get them though, they're really difficult to get used.

• Like 1

I'm so anticipating the High Grade KiHa 40s Tomix is re-releasing very soon, but I have already spent so much on model trains lately... I really need to get them though, they're really difficult to get used.

Same! I'm planing to get at least 4 kiha 47s, and I'm very tempted to pick up two more to repaint into JR Kyushu colors, although I am a little nervous about trying to paint such a beautiful model. Also tomix is doing a run of original JNR kiha 66/67 sets, so I may need to pick up one or two of those as well... Anyone know where the list of Tomix release dates are? I've had some trouble finding them.

Anyone know where the list of Tomix release dates are? I've had some trouble finding them.

Try looking up the product on Amazon.co.jp. It always says the release date on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Tomix HG KiHa 40s should be released any day now; late March the indicators at Hobby Search say. There are a total of 12 different cars and sets that will be re released at once, all in original orange JNR livery.

enodenlover

The mail today brought me Tomytec's just released Kumamoto City Transportation type 5000 articulated tram, brown and tan. Nice looking car but it's going to have to while a while for its power unit since I've got five other Tomytec trains and trams still waiting for theirs.

• Like 1