What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

MTP delivery this morning

post-2546-14872740883617_thumb.jpg

First time order from MTP, excellent packing and I love that they included the tomytec quarterly product guide!

Edited by locidm
  • Like 7

attachicon.gifIMG_1741.JPG

First time order from MTP, excellent packing and I love that they included the tomytec quarterly product guide!

Really regretting not preordering one of these now =p Even the box is awesome.

attachicon.gifIMG_1741.JPG

The printing on this one really impressed me, it was even better than the first car which was really well done. 

• Like 1

The printing on this one really impressed me, it was even better than the first car which was really well done. 

It looks great! All the G&P related grahics do protrude a little bit from the livery, which makes me wonder if it's some sort of high quality sticker sealed with a top coat.

After pre-ordering this one I tried to look for the first G&P train. Saw the price, and fled! :) Please post comparison pictures if you can.

My third Buyee purchase arrived, I had been eyeing kato's EF62 for a while now, and it doesn't disappoint!  Not quite sure what trains the type pulled in regular service, but It should look good pulling some of the oha 35 and 20 series sleeper cars that I have.

post-3846-0-12926600-1487310465_thumb.jpgpost-3846-0-93871600-1487310467_thumb.jpgpost-3846-0-03962400-1487310470_thumb.jpg

I'm also contemplating on what road vehicles to get for my layout, what kind of bus and cars would be appropriate for a more rural town in the late showa/60's ish time frame?

• Like 5

It looks great! All the G&P related grahics do protrude a little bit from the livery, which makes me wonder if it's some sort of high quality sticker sealed with a top coat.

After pre-ordering this one I tried to look for the first G&P train. Saw the price, and fled! :) Please post comparison pictures if you can.

It seems to be some kind of transfer. I don't want poke around it too much to avoid damaging it though. Here are both sides of the first car, nothing nearly as colorful as the second and third, just the girls from the Oarai team on one side and their tanks painted in the gaudy schemes they had for the match against St. Gloriana on the other. If you look at the third picture you can really tell the difference, especially when you look at the 'Girls und Panzer' title printing, I know my camera is garbage but the printing is a lot 'softer' on the first car. You can also see the difference in printing between the main characters in both too, the second car is MUCH sharper (Darjeeling on the far left is printed better than the large picture of the characters on the original car).

Overall I would say for the prices the original car goes for it's not worth it if you don't already have it. The price on it may drop eventually and I'd pick it up then but for anything slightly higher than it's original price I wouldn't go for it. 

Also apologies for the bad pictures and the huge size, my camera is awful (waiting for my bonus from work to hit my account so I can buy a proper-ish camera instead of my iPhone).

post-3438-0-44326800-1487341823_thumb.jpg

post-3438-0-67171900-1487341847_thumb.jpg

post-3438-0-19710300-1487341862_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I freed my MTP package from the claws of German customs.

post-3895-0-42752200-1487344939_thumb.jpg

post-3895-0-79123000-1487344944_thumb.jpgpost-3895-0-28700900-1487344947_thumb.jpg

post-3895-0-90550700-1487344949_thumb.jpg

I also bought the "new colour" set even though I don't really like the livery. It's a bit boring. But it has its place in my collection

• Like 3

It seems to be some kind of transfer. I don't want poke around it too much to avoid damaging it though. Here are both sides of the first car, nothing nearly as colorful as the second and third, just the girls from the Oarai team on one side and their tanks painted in the gaudy schemes they had for the match against St. Gloriana on the other. If you look at the third picture you can really tell the difference, especially when you look at the 'Girls und Panzer' title printing, I know my camera is garbage but the printing is a lot 'softer' on the first car. You can also see the difference in printing between the main characters in both too, the second car is MUCH sharper (Darjeeling on the far left is printed better than the large picture of the characters on the original car).

Overall I would say for the prices the original car goes for it's not worth it if you don't already have it. The price on it may drop eventually and I'd pick it up then but for anything slightly higher than it's original price I wouldn't go for it.

Also apologies for the bad pictures and the huge size, my camera is awful (waiting for my bonus from work to hit my account so I can buy a proper-ish camera instead of my iPhone).

Thanks for the comparison pictures and the mini review!

A 2nd hand Kato BR 86 arrived here... one of the old 12702s from the 80ies. It's in running condition but I already took it apart to see which kind of kitbash I can do with it. ;)

Martijn Meerts

My Tomix EVA 500 arrived just in time for me to have a quick look at before heading to Japan. Wasn't able to run it yet, but it's a great looking train at least.

I just ordered the TM-03 power unit for Tomytec's "Mule" short electric car from Plaza Japan.

Update: just ordered the pantograph for the Mule from HS.

Bob

Edited by enodenlover

I knew the real E5/H5 series Shinkansen are the fastest but I was really surprised to find my new Kato H5 today at home... it did a record run from Japan. ;)

The purple line looks even better than on photos. Can't wait to couple it to my E6.

Just a small package containing some buildings for my layout. It took me quite some time to assemble all this stuff. Those tiny SOS alarm stickers are quite annoying to attach, but I managed.

post-4447-0-80346700-1487688102_thumb.jpg

Also got the Kumamon Shinkansen from fellow forum user NB1231 (Thanks!!), a Tomix Cargo train package, and the Tomix H5 Ltd. Edition.

post-4447-0-84330200-1487687707_thumb.pngpost-4447-0-81299200-1487687810_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 4

Just a small package containing some buildings for my layout. It took me quite some time to assemble all this stuff. Those tiny SOS alarm stickers are quite annoying to attach, but I managed.

attachicon.gifSmall copy.jpg

Also got the Kumamon Shinkansen from fellow forum user NB1231 (Thanks!!), a Tomix Cargo train package, and the Tomix H5 Ltd. Edition.

attachicon.gifKumamon.pngattachicon.gifFullSizeRender 2.jpg

Hope you enjoy it [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Some? That's quite a lot of platforms! :)

attachicon.gifSmall copy.jpg

attachicon.gifKumamon.pngattachicon.gifFullSizeRender 2.jpg

I wouldn't say it's anywhere near a 'small' package!  :P  Amazing lot of platforms! I bet your station could fit in a very long train!

The N700-8000 is one of my favorite, it's color is so slick and those kumamon stickers are just too cute.

I wouldn't say it's anywhere near a 'small' package!  :P  Amazing lot of platforms! I bet your station could fit in a very long train!

Actually, all the platforms in the picture is enough to make a 2*5 station, though with the 2 end bits, it is approximately 6*248 mm in length (or in other words, around a 9 car Shinkansen train). This does mean that my longer trains such as the H5 does not fit. However, I cannot make the train station longer because of the base plate length. I could of course get more base plates, I have plenty of room for more... but... money.

Interestingly, the 'small' package consists of 4 different packages, because some platforms are not being sold anymore in different stores. In total, 4 different vendors (from US, Japan, Germany, and The Netherlands) were used for this whole set, because I could not purchase it all in 1 go from 1 vendor (annoyingly). The catenary and road plates + accessories were some lucky breaks on eBay, by the way. Very cheap.

Here is a picture of my train station as it is constructed now. 

post-4447-0-95045400-1487729210_thumb.jpg

I also forgot that the Tama Densha (motorised) in the foreground is also a new acquisition.

• Like 10