What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Package from hobby link japan from their sale a couple of months back. Odds and ends that were on good sales at like 40% or more off!

Cheers

Jeff

post-24-0-81066000-1487742942_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

The contrast between the Shinkansen and the Tama train is rather hilarious. A good excuse to add a local line for 2-car trains! ;)

Heh heh ~ Tama just wanted to meet Kumamon for the first time!  :)

Package from hobby link japan from their sale a couple of months back. Odds and ends that were on good sales at like 40% or more off!

Cheers

Jeff

Gotta love that gundam!

• Like 1

Just won this on yahoo Auction:

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k237364557

I was looking into making my 783 series Huis Ten Bosch/ Midori set nicer and chanced upon this set which really wasn't too expensive, although it didn't have its lights working. This is the first time I am buying a set primarily for its parts which was hard to come by and I just had to get them; like the front window, the wheels, the pantograph and mostly importantly a second motor for the Midori set to be able to run independently... I just had to get my 783 series up and running beautifully to justify my somewhat impulsive buy on it...

• Like 2

Alice Cooper said it all, Frankenstein, feed my Frankenstein!

Jeff

Hahaha yap  :P

Now I just hope I got the right parts for Frankenstein!  While I hate to cannibalize any train set, but the parts for making the 783 Huis Ten Bosch is just too difficult to find (not to forget costly) and I just HAD to make it look nice and work nice... That's some connection between that train and me....

Now I just hope I got the right parts for Frankenstein!  While I hate to cannibalize any train set, but the parts for making the 783 Huis Ten Bosch is just too difficult to find (not to forget costly) and I just HAD to make it look nice and work nice... That's some connection between that train and me....

It may not be a classic beauty, but the 783 series has its own charm!  I wish I had rode one when I was in Sasebo, but I was a little distracted by all the JNR vintage kihas and Matsuura DMUs running around.  Luckily I took a few photos, even though I had no idea what I was photographing at the time.

post-3846-0-36054500-1487757606_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just thought I will post this here, some comparisons from Ami for shipping options:

post-819-0-77669500-1487823656_thumb.jpg

This is for the Tomix Eva 500 set, and just the EVA set. We can clearly see the better option...

post-819-0-43414900-1487823657_thumb.jpg

This is for a misc box which contains a standard 3-car set, some small diorama items and motor spare parts.. Again the option is pretty clear...

• Like 1

It may not be a classic beauty, but the 783 series has its own charm!  I wish I had rode one when I was in Sasebo, but I was a little distracted by all the JNR vintage kihas and Matsuura DMUs running around.  Luckily I took a few photos, even though I had no idea what I was photographing at the time.

attachicon.gifMidori Express.jpg

nice picture! Thank you for sharing this!  :) 

The 783 remains one of my top trains, especially the Huis Ten Bosch and Midori colors... Those striking colors along with its ability to couple together or run separately as 2 4-car sets, and their central single door is quite unique indeed!

The left overs can be used for a scrapping scene in the yard!

Jeff

Just thought I will post this here, some comparisons from Ami for shipping options:

attachicon.gifAmi Eva.jpg

This is for the Tomix Eva 500 set, and just the EVA set. We can clearly see the better option...

attachicon.gifdhl.jpg

This is for a misc box which contains a standard 3-car set, some small diorama items and motor spare parts.. Again the option is pretty clear...

I've noticed a lot of overseas stores started offering DHL. I wonder if they started approaching them or if their rates just dropped.

I use DHL from china sometimes as it's the cheapest in many cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are the recent arrivals for me
post-4306-0-99494800-1487859478_thumb.jpg
I've finally got the train that started my journey (well 2/3s of it) and have yet to run either of them. If I've parsed the instructions for that case correctly, most of my DMU collection will fit in it.

• Like 2

I've noticed a lot of overseas stores started offering DHL. I wonder if they started approaching them or if their rates just dropped.

I use DHL from china sometimes as it's the cheapest in many cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a volume thing. Unfortunately HLJ already has a deal with FedEx (which does make sense since they do wholesale to the US and that's the least expensive way for them to do it since they've had a contract with them for a while) but for most companies DHL is better because it's BLAZINGLY fast and inexpensive for both the customer and business. 

On an order from Mandarake that I made I had the package from DHL show up at my house before I could even view tracking information on it online. I know I cheerlead it a lot but DHL really is the best option for shipping. 

I think with the recent rise in ems prices it's allowed the private express companies to be more competitive now. Usually the DHL and fedex options are somewhere between ema and Sal when I see them. You are right the DHL can be scary fast Hess days. Amazon.jp usually comes that way here now.

Jeff

• Like 1

Also domestic mail services are getting less efficient since when you get your funding from the government you have little incentive to improve service quality (for example, look at the service quality you get at a post office in the US...if they had to compete fairly they'd have long ago gone out of business) . DHL/FedEx/UPS on the other hand have to constantly one-up each other to compete on an open market. 

The problem we have in New Zealand is that DHL , own, or have a large shareholding in  our NZ post (Post office) system and ever since that happened, the postage cost  of pcls has increased dramatically(If you can't beat the main competition, then buy them) The government changed the rules to enable the govt owned Post office to be privatised. They were terribly inefficient, but at least the rates were reasonable. Our biggest national online auction site was where I noticed the increases happening first for domestic. This is a significant part of pcl postage volume here.

• Like 1

DHL just delivered a Tomix E3-0 that I ordered on 2/21 from Amazon Japan. That's crazy fast! Of course, it took two DHL guys to bring it to my door. Lol. It was way cheaper than anywhere else and shipping was 13.49. The addiction starts!

Joe

• Like 1

Today I ordered a TM-04 power unit and pantograph for Tomytec's 15m class medium size electric car from Plaza Japan. Also the postman brought me my set of three small Tomytec food stands also from PJ.  

Kato 50th anniversary book has just arrived, 3 weeks after the order, that is OK as it was posted by SAL. I ordered it with another publication, N Gauge Plus.

The book is in Japanese (the title of the chapters are in English also), hard cover, has an excellent quality and lot of pictures about old and new Kato models.

post-212-0-75327400-1487931413_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Recent shipped out order heading towards my way:

Tomix 98959 [Limited Edition] J.R. Series 500-7000 Sanyo SHINKANSEN (500 Type Eva) (8-Car Set) (Model Train) N Scale,1/160 Shinkansen (Bullet Train)
Tomix 92548 J.R. Series E4 Joetsu SHINKANSEN (New Color) (Basic 4-Car Set) (Model Train) N Scale,1/160 Shinkansen (Bullet Train)
Tomix 92549 J.R. Series E4 Joetsu SHINKANSEN (New Color) (Add-On 4-Car Set) (Model Train) N Scale,1/160 Shinkansen (Bullet Train)
Kato 10-1281 Kashima Rinkai Railway Series 6000 Girls und Panzer Wrapping Train 2nd Car + 3rd Car (2-Car Set) (Model Train) N Scale,1/150 Diesel Car

And they will arrive just before the Australian Japanese Model Railway Group Inc have their display layout at Sandown Model Train and Hobby show (March 11th-13th) 

• Like 2

Dekotora!

Once and a while the old 1/144 dekotora come up on ebay to add to my collection. Two other trucks I already have were in the batch, but worth it to get the decotora. If anyone is interested in the Bandai ADVAN or the blank tomytec PM me.

Cheers

Jeff

post-24-0-42100400-1487997930_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Still expanding the Shinkansen collection.

Tomix Shinkansen 100 series Fresh Green Kodama livery

post-3895-0-18536200-1488281543_thumb.jpgpost-3895-0-74606600-1488281555_thumb.jpg

Thanks to its previous owner it came complete with interior lighting installed.

MicroAce class 941 emergency relief train

post-3895-0-00670900-1488281558_thumb.jpg

@cteno Man, I wish Tomytec would do a Dekotora truck collection.

• Like 11

Two parcels arrived today.  

One from Hobby Search 

NC-64 Garbage Truck (Blue) (Model Train) TGW (Tsugawa) 
NC-68 Small Size Fire Truck (Model Train) TGW (Tsugawa) 

KATO N Gauge 50th Anniversary Commemorative Book (Book) Neko Publishing 

post-75-0-13863300-1488320061_thumb.jpg

The other is a 23-437 Fifth Avenue Building which are getting harder to find.

post-75-0-11035200-1488320132_thumb.jpg

• Like 2