What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Oh hh the new Tomix controller! Mine comes next week Sal. You must get us a review!

Where are you located? Just curious with the lost Sal package.

Cheers

Jeff

The controller arrived just fine. Im close to asia and this one, I ordered it by EMS.

I would prefer that you give us a review as I dont have much experience (and also this is being a very busy week).

About the lost package, it was not exactly about trains. These were several Arduino IR sensors (from ebay) for a train detection testing thing I was doing sometime ago.

The seller just refunded it quickly so there were no dramas (only a delay in my testing).

When I had a super later than usual package and assumed it was lost.  I was told by the retailer that I have to wait until 8 weeks has gone before Japan Post would be willing to investigate.  No refunds issued before an investigation is performed.  This is for the Japan Post items covered up to XXXX yen.

nxcale,

Please post your observations, all eyes are great and we all have different perspectives, desires, experiences, equipment, etc. and all are just as valid!

cheers

jeff

I just found my EastI sitting in mailbox today from nariichi san! such a pretty model, still kick myself for not buying it when first released, but did save a lot of money waiting!

the paint job looks glossier than i remember the first release being. will have to see if our club member who has the original and compare. I was trying to figure out what the little instruction sheet was so tried the google translate app on the ipad and took a picture of it and bam all translated, it was for the shortening of the lighting strip where the overhead catenary lighting is.

ma also cut the insert much nicer so the cars come out easily, not wedged in there like many of their cases! they also used that ultra supple plastic film for the cover sheet.

jeff

• Like 2

nxcale,

Please post your observations, all eyes are great and we all have different perspectives, desires, experiences, equipment, etc. and all are just as valid!

cheers

jeff

HI. I am happy to share any ideas.

As requested, I put some information and observations about the Tomix 5517 in the Tomix Controllers Thread (link:  http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/9802-tomix-controllers/page-4?do=findComment&comment=128637). Cheers.

• Like 1
Martijn Meerts

Came across on online store in the Netherlands that had a rather nice set of workspace modules. Basically they're small but handy little cabinets and drawers and paint holders etc, that snap together using small magnets. Ordered a couple of them to check them out, and really like them (I've already got more on the way ;))

This is the manufacturer's site (where they can be ordered as well it seems): http://www.hobbyzone.pl/en/wsm/

• Like 1

Arrived:-

Tomytec 18 Bus Case

Tomytec Temple

Tomytec Belfry/Gate

Tomytec Stupa

Tomytec Nagasaki Bus

Tomix 19D-42000 Containers

RLF (Revolution Factory) Koki 50000 Instant Lettering.

The last one has me baffled.  All the numbers are Koki 50000, not 50001, 50002 etc.  I have 35 instant letterings, and they are all numbered 50,000.

Arrived:-

Tomytec 18 Bus Case

Tomytec Nagasaki Bus

Bus Bus Bus!

Hang on, Tomytec bus collection 18 case? Isnt that long sold out? Why would you need a bus 18 case may I ask? The buses in 18 are unusually long and thin, and seems to cater lesser for the general buses. I like collection 8, 10 and 14 cases, as they cater for tourist buses, which mean they are generally larger hence can fit in any type of buses.

Also, there's a tomytec all lsland bus case too if you need them for the all island series. I've ordered mine from MTP (3 of them) but have yet to arrive...

18 - bus - case

not...

bus - collection - 18 - case

haha ok ~ I get it!

I was almost gonna ask again: 18 bus cases?  :p

Then I realise it's a bus case for 18 buses.  :P

I doubt I get close to filling it.  I'm not one of those weirdos whom collects 100s of buses.  You know the ones I'm talking about? haha

May I ask Who?  :P

post-819-0-74581400-1452672232_thumb.jpg

Actually I might really try to fill 18 bus cases ~~  :)

• Like 3

cutting one up may be a problem and cause screams from a few members like jr500! but thats a different kind of problem. ;-p

some may say you have a problem only having 4 busses. tragedy...

jeff

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 1

Head mark Coasters showed up today! Very fun, got them at the last HS sale so they were not too awfully priced. Can give a few away as gifts and have one here next to my chair and a few extra when the club comes over!

Cheers

Jeff

post-24-0-09600600-1452735343_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi, my name is Todd and I have a bus. Actually 4 buses! Is that a problem? I want to cut one up. Is that a problem?  :sad1:

Hey, I've got four buses too. I don't want to cut any up, though two of them are short buses.

Jr500,

First step is to admit you have a problem... ;-p

Holy bus batman! Now that's a bus collection!

Jeff

Yes... it's a weird addiction which I don't know why too. Each time I see a Toei bus I feel like I need to get it even though I have like over 20 of them.. And if I see a bus I don't have I NEED to get that... Guess i'm a real fan of Tomytec bus collection and a addiction problem which Tomytec probably hoped to install in everyone of us... They did not succeed obviously for there are still some people (if not a lot) that only have 4 buses ~~  :P

Though they did managed to poison me so deeply...

Hi, my name is Todd and I have a bus. Actually 4 buses! Is that a problem? I want to cut one up. Is that a problem?  :sad1:

Nope not a problem at all Todd~ I'm the one with the problem!  :P

But cutting a bus up? That might be a problem for me... Just don't show me any photos ~ It gives me nightmares...

Head mark Coasters showed up today! Very fun, got them at the last HS sale so they were not too awfully priced. Can give a few away as gifts and have one here next to my chair and a few extra when the club comes over!

Cheers

Jeff

Nice ~ I like those headmark coasters too but they are kinda expensive still...

Hey, I've got four buses too. I don't want to cut any up, though two of them are short buses.

You guys need some bus poison!  :P

Please click here for 3 times daily before meals: http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/7629-tomytec-painted-anything-bus-related/

Nice ~ I like those headmark coasters too but they are kinda expensive

Even at half off they were a little much (about $4 each shipped), but they are cool and pretty unique!

Jeff

May I ask Who?  :P

attachicon.gif20160113_155434.jpg

Actually I might really try to fill 18 bus cases ~~  :)

Wow... so many buses!

Today my first bus system arrived so it is a long way to go.

It also arrived the TCS Automatic Operation Unit N (Tomix 5563), some sensors (Tomix 5559) and other minor things to fill up the shipping cost. Cheers

Oh damn it.  I keep thinking I need to add a Kilopost to my orders and always forget.  Just wanna see if they have layout ideas inside or whether it is solely upcoming model crap.