What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

My parcel from Nariichi at model train plus has arrived,points and track to finish the station area along with some tram track, platforms and a few other bits and bobs to finish the track work,train and tram.

Than you Nariichi.

post-2329-0-08785500-1453201603_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

Ordered:-

Tomix PG16 Pantagraphs x2 (In preparation for incoming Otsu models this year)

Tomytec TT-04R (I didn't really wanna do this, but Tomix are out of supply of 5.6mm silver wheel currently)

Tomytec TM-20 Motor Unit x2 (Damn these are getting expensive, not many retailers offering discounts)

Kato Double Track Catenary

Kato 4 track Wide Catenary (To be modded for street running Otsu Layout)

Greenmax Godown and Storehouse Kit

Greenmax 6 House Kit

Tomix Large Office Building (Grey)

Tomix Mid Size Office Building

Tomix Eneos Petrol Station

Pre-ordered:-

Casco 12 car Koki case x2

Edited by katoftw

Pre-ordered:-

Casco 12 car Koki case x2

Cancelled these items, ordered instead:-

Tomix 12 car koki case

Tomix Idemitsu Petrol Station

Edited by katoftw

My Henschel has arrived! It's a bit rough, but it's okay for its size. 35 mm of steam tram locomotive!

PHOTO_20160122_162150.jpg

The three parts: boiler, shell and chassis.

PHOTO_20160122_163255.jpg

With a spare and little bit damaged motor, I tried to fit all the needed parts. The gears and wheel just fit, but because of the roughness of the material it needs a little bit of filing to have them rotate nicely. It's all a very light package of about 7.5 gram, but it should be good for pulling a one or two little wagons.

Next week, I'll try to get it mobile with electrical pickups and a fresh motor and report on it in my topic.

• Like 6

Sparkle Green. Pretty!  :love10:

That's an unfortunate inconsistency from the 3D printing. I'm not too worried about it, since it can be made redundant with a bit of careful sanding.

My world kogei DEKI3 arrived today. Really is a nice little kit! Etched metal details and good quality plastic details. Only bummer is plastic bow collector, but that can easily be replaced. It all black but a tad shiny which dullcoat could take care of or I may just give it a matte black paint job if I need to fill any seams. It is a bit better quality and detail than the little shunter I got like 6 months back. I am liking this low cost world kogei line, decent details at a nice price for som odd equipment.

Very nice for the $40 shipped! I'll do a review as I assemble it.

Cheers

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 2

A small parcel from HS, nothing fanciful, just some small items as I needed that platform urgently to complete the overhead station...

post-819-0-10244900-1453516099_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-77100300-1453516105_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-01901600-1453516113_thumb.jpg

It s the small,nothing fancifull stuff that makes the layout JR,my latest parcel contained the same more or less and finished off my station area too.

Haven't ordered too much lately due to a bad case of "overspenditis" but I did receive a few new things this past week. From Plaza Japan I got the Tomytec modern building set B and the Tomix 4045 dark gray office building. And from Hobby Search I received Tomytec's Car Collection basic set K2.

Courtesy of Loco1 (superb service as always) a Tomix Hakone Tozan Type 2000 for my under construction Hakone Tozan layout

IMG_0599-001_zpsptaihox9.jpg

Now I think i will have to get the St Moritz liveried one too (and the Modemo one).

And an Ebay bargain - £15 for 2 Kato Parking lot dioramas (23-418). One has been partially constructed and the other is boxed as new.

I weep when I see how cheap railway stuff is in Japan compared to shipping it to the UK (hence a lightning quick visit to Tokyo in August)

IMG_0600-001_zpsqqejtiz1.jpg

• Like 1
Martijn Meerts

I would really like to know what type/brand do you use. It's for DCC if i rember correctly.

I use Littfinski occupancy detectors: http://www.ldt-infocenter.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:rm-gb-8-n

Since I need quite a lot of them, I usually get them in kit form, and then just solder them myself. Takes a bit of time, but it's good soldering practice and saves some money.

Thanks for the info! So it's diode detector with an S88 interface. Costs quite a bit compared to the part list, but at least you can just plug it in. The interface contains a bunch of shift registers and comparators or optoisolators for signal detection. I prefer the optoisolator way as the bus is completly separate from the layout and each track is separate from the others, but using comparators is more sensitive. Bus control is with a load pulse, followed by a number of read cycles to read all bits one by one. The linked Littfinski version has at least one extra component, that looks like some kind of small microcontroller.

Martijn Meerts

The thing with Littfinski components, is that they're proven to be very reliable. Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg uses thousands of their components :)

Pin Drill, 1.0mm drill bit, tweezers, S248 4 pk, S62 4pk, S186 grey bridge all turned up yesterday.  Can finally put the whole layout together and start on the scenery.

• Like 1
Ordered this model as a second trial on a new power unit and newly developed vans! The locomotive seemed so lonely...

GTW 'Big Henschel' and two vans.

GTW 'Big Henschel' and two vans.

Edited by Toni Babelony
  • Like 3
Received a nice parcel of my first East-i shinkansen last weekend from our good friend at Loco1hobby.. now joining the Micro Ace East-i's owners club.. LoL. Other stuff is Kato 500series to complete my 16 car set Nozomi, got it at a very low price as it is older model.. :D

The East-i model is really nice.. still haven't got time to do test-run. BTW, the  three pantographs are not aligned, so little work with tweezers is needed and the shape of inspection lights below the head/tail lights between the two cab cars are asymmetric.. Perhaps MA should learn from Kato or Tomix to make well cutting for that fine detailed shapes... 

Still this is a very nice model and I really like it.. :D

post-2886-0-33386600-1453782684_thumb.jpg

post-2886-0-24649200-1453782705_thumb.jpg

• Like 4
Guest keio6000

Got a collection of 200 (!) unboxed bus collection, truck collection, and car collection n scale cars off yahoo japan for JPY 16000.  About 40 buses, 60 trucks, and the rest are cars.  About half of the cars are the 1950s style which i don't care for; will sell those on. Otherwise, think I got a pretty good deal.

• Like 1

Got a collection of 200 (!) unboxed bus collection, truck collection, and car collection n scale cars off yahoo japan for JPY 16000.  About 40 buses, 60 trucks, and the rest are cars.  About half of the cars are the 1950s style which i don't care for; will sell those on. Otherwise, think I got a pretty good deal.

Did I see.....   BUSES ???   !!!

Don't mind sharing a photo on the buses?  :P

Courtesy of Loco1 (superb service as always) a Tomix Hakone Tozan Type 2000 for my under construction Hakone Tozan layout

I weep when I see how cheap railway stuff is in Japan compared to shipping it to the UK (hence a lightning quick visit to Tokyo in August)

The Hakone Tozan always brings back fond memories for us....

Yes shipping sucks... The item can be really cheap but the shipping takes up more than twice the value...  Did I see lighting quick visit to Tokyo?  :P

Received a nice parcel of my first East-i shinkansen last weekend from our good friend at Loco1hobby.. now joining the Micro Ace East-i's owners club.. LoL. Other stuff is Kato 500series to complete my 16 car set Nozomi, got it at a very low price as it is older model.. :D

The East-i model is really nice.. still haven't got time to do test-run. BTW, the  three pantographs are not aligned, so little work with tweezers is needed and the shape of inspection lights below the head/tail lights between the two cab cars are asymmetric.. Perhaps MA should learn from Kato or Tomix to make well cutting for that fine detailed shapes... 

Still this is a very nice model and I really like it.. :D

It's a sweet model Robert46... I got mine recently too from Loco1, but haven't tested it yet due to major construction works on the city... I do hear that something has to be done to those overhead inspection lights on the 1st car... Reason being too bright to be nicely seen...

Guest keio6000

Did I see.....   BUSES ???   !!!

Don't mind sharing a photo on the buses?  :P

here are the buses. it's a nothing special collection - mostly things i have already - but still for the price i am happy.

bu1.png

• Like 3

It's a sweet model Robert46... I got mine recently too from Loco1, but haven't tested it yet due to major construction works on the city... I do hear that something has to be done to those overhead inspection lights on the 1st car... Reason being too bright to be nicely seen...

Oh I see... didn't know about overhead inspection light modification. I just think the factory release is already fine.. I think you can post a new topic about the modification of this.. :D

BTW, so many people talked about buses addiction, but didn't hear anything about Tomytec Trailers collection.. :P

Edited by Robert46