What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Good Haul!

I tend to forget Plaza Japan, which is good for some hard to get and otherwise discontinued items...

I know what you mean, but having McDonald's is already a luxury, we are having Instant Noodles!  :)

Yeah, instant noodles is much cheaper than McD, but perhaps for healthier option we can go for porridge... LoL..

Btw, last two weeks I received my Tomix 500 plarail car set and two add-on cars from Dave at Loco1... he also put a japanese rail magazine which didn't know the title coz it's in japanese kana.. also kato and tomytec brochures.. very nice..

I ordered 2 Railfan magazines from Hobby Search about 1 month ago, now they arrived. I ordered issue nr. 2015/12 due to the E235 series but it contains a nice, small diary, while issue 2016/01 was bought due to the calendar. I think the magazines were overprotected a little...

attachicon.gifIMG_3092.jpg attachicon.gifIMG_3093.jpg attachicon.gifIMG_3095.jpg

Does it contain more pictures or text? Never read this mag before..

Does it contain more pictures or text? Never read this mag before..

Hard to tell as I can not read it due to the Japanese language, but I think 50-50%. Maybe a little bit more pictures.

I ordered 2 Railfan magazines from Hobby Search about 1 month ago, now they arrived. I ordered issue nr. 2015/12 due to the E235 series but it contains a nice, small diary, while issue 2016/01 was bought due to the calendar. I think the magazines were overprotected a little...

attachicon.gifIMG_3092.jpg attachicon.gifIMG_3093.jpg attachicon.gifIMG_3095.jpg

Hi all. I thought I was the only one who orders magazines nowadays… it is nice to see that someone else also does it.

Well, I ordered few magazines to be delivered by SAL so let’s see if these arrived one day in the future…

p.s. Tomix catalogue is on top of the Hobby Search’s ranking (Kato’s one on second place)… unbelievable…

Hi all. I thought I was the only one who orders magazines nowadays… it is nice to see that someone else also does it.

Only 1 or 2 times a year, due to the high postage cost. It is higher than the magazine. :-(

Nxscale,

No worries on Sal shipping, it's super reliable. May take up to 3+ weeks if a larger package and this time of year as I think the whole customs to postal gets backed up and Sal seems to be get low priority in the us, but standard is right around 2 weeks here. I've had hundreds shipped and never one go missing or badly damaged, except one get soaked along the way (but contents survived).

Not many order magazines as ist noted as they usually cost near or more the cost of the magazine to ship even Sal... Makes it expensive. I was looking at a few at hlj.com the other day and they were much more to ship than the good sale price! Check with your local kato dealers, as they will bring over catalogs via container sometimes and then little or no price boost.

It's too bad Amazon.jp doesn't have the same export shipping on books they use to. It was 1500 yen on the first and then 300 yen on each additional one. We use to gang up an order of 10-15 books/mags/catalogues and shipping was reduced to Luke 400 yen or so each! It came faster than EMS usually too!

Jeff

A Tomytec TM-18 for my 119-100 pair (already had the trailer parts for the other KuMoHa, which had been towed around by my 119-0), and a Kato 10-189 455 Series "Green Liner" arrived.

Need to give both a good run now!

On books, I ordered a book on Dutch steam tram coaches (De rijtuigen van de Nederlandse stoomtramwegen) with a lot of drawings on these sometimes funny looking vehicles. I'm planning on recreating one or two in 3D print form for both H0 an N scale.

I recently got the Kato and Tomix catalogues. My son Noah drools over them. He calls one the "Kato-logue".

Cheers eh,

Todd

Sometimes the like button just isn't enough.  "Kato-logue," that is pure gold!  It put a smile on my dial.

Is there a button for "wow - most awesome post content for the month"?

• Like 1

Only 1 or 2 times a year, due to the high postage cost. It is higher than the magazine. :-(

Well yeah, the shipping is the reason why we don't import such a magazine or catalogue..  but because sometimes we really need it then it's fine to choose the cheaper shipping option. SAL tracked is recommended.. and ask the seller to wrap it with bubble wrap or plastic sheet for extra protection.. and it works for me. :)

My 'East I' arrived today. Happy!!!

Picture please :)

I put in an order for a tomix N-DU101-CL controller with Modeltrainplus. This should be fun!

Jeff

I'm looking forward to a review :)

Me too ~~~  :P

I recently got the Kato and Tomix catalogues. My son Noah drools over them. He calls one the "Kato-logue".

Cheers eh,

Todd

That's a good one! Kato-logue! But that's no Tomix-logue right?  :P

I just wander down to the bookstore at my local station whenever I want a magazine ;)

No fair.... I am in the process of building my layout and get really frustrated when I missed out a piece and need to wait like 2 weeks for it to arrive, and get stuck in the process...

Just some random stuff.

post-1782-0-12165000-1451447737_thumb.jpg

Greenmax 6 shop kit.

Tomix tight lock couplers.

Petrol station.

UR19-42000 containers.

For anyone interested.  The Greenmax shop kit is just the house kit with the front facades included.

• Like 1

Kobaru road markings showed up. They look very nice. The regular white lines look to be about 6-8" scale, but fat, but I expect much thinner would not hold up well to rub off. I do remember that 1/32 lines were the thinnest and they did not always transfer well all the time. For divider lines the 0.8mm white pin tape would probably work better for the divider lines and is closer to scale. Other markings are great to apply to roads!

Took 3 weeks Sal, probably due to Xmas on this end.

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 1

No fair.... I am in the process of building my layout and get really frustrated when I missed out a piece and need to wait like 2 weeks for it to arrive, and get stuck in the process...

On the other hand I do have the opposite problem as I'm in the process of building a "British" section of my layout, which means mainly ordering from overseas...

That's a good one! Kato-logue! But that's no Tomix-logue right?  :P

Hahaha.. Tomix-logue doesn't sound right... LoL..

Took 3 weeks Sal, probably due to Xmas on this end.

Good to hear that Jeff.. SAL always works fine for you despite the various delivery time.. 

My book came! Not really Japan related, but some (motor)cars in this book will see some kind of reproduction in Japan later in the coming year.

PHOTO_20151230_160036_2.jpg

Edited by Toni Babelony
  • Like 1

As requested.

Amazing model. Didn't know the urethane was white! Those top inspection lights are truly nice!  :)

Awaiting for mine to come in as well ~