What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Das Steinkopf

Is that all? I see a complete lack of commitment to freight. :mblah05:

Thats just a top up for the 120 odd I have at the moment, plus I have some more on the way

Edited by Das Steinkopf

Not really Japanese... but i did get it from Marcin's sale... so i'd call that something, and i finaly got a powerpack lol

post-3601-0-58688500-1454159115_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Given that the Swiss stuff is the only non-Japanese stock actively marketed in Japan (i.e. included in the Japanese catalogue, available through all the usual distribution channels), you could count it as honorary Japanese ;).

• Like 3

Operating a model railway can be logistically tricky, which is why I have parts shipped direct from the manufacturers by rail. Most recent addition to the rake is this MicroAce tank wagon bringing fresh supplies of "Rule 1 Fluid".

gallery_1206_164_52982.jpg

• Like 2

You found a Lawson store? Lucky you, I've been trying to find an affordable one for months. Sure wish Tomix would re-release this one.

• Like 1

Of all places I found one at my LHS. Stickers are a bit faded but not too bad. 

Also let me tell you how much I hate Jamaica, NY. 2 packages sitting there for 3 days now. 

Found one for cheap.

Nice find.

You found a Lawson store? Lucky you, I've been trying to find an affordable one for months. Sure wish Tomix would re-release this one.

And 7-11 also.

• Like 1

I did a search on eBay earlier today and while there are a few Lawson stores currently up for bid the prices are way beyond what I'm willing to pay. The cheapest was $70+ and the highest was around a hundred bucks. Even if I could afford to pay that I wouldn't because the item simply isn't worth it. Guess I'll just keep hoping that Tomix re-releases it in the not too distant future, and the same goes for the 7-11. Apparently the 3F version is the only one currently available.

One package did show up today. Most excited about the special Sanriku DMU, Yanmar containers, and my first Sankei kit, a little shrine.

post-3438-0-63797300-1454541604_thumb.jpg

post-3438-0-97782200-1454541647_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Yeah. Searching for one.

There's an alternative option though, one can buy the 3F store which is still available and play with the decals to make a Lawson one or a 7-11 one. The decals are mostly what differentiate them apart, aside from the 7-11 one bearing the slightly more unique red bricks wall... 

post-819-0-45656400-1454544364_thumb.jpg

My little amateur creation of a Family Mart store at an overhead station ~  :P

• Like 3

Not any trains, but a very, very nice 30 year old bottle of vintage port from an old friend! Nice surprise!

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 4

There's an alternative option though, one can buy the 3F store which is still available and play with the decals to make a Lawson one or a 7-11 one. The decals are mostly what differentiate them apart, aside from the 7-11 one bearing the slightly more unique red bricks wall... 

attachicon.gif20160113_145155.jpg

Next part of the evolution.  I have a lot of Tomytec/Tomix offices/multi floor city buildings in transit.  Will be doing the same.  Cos you dont find the carpark style stores in the middle of the city normally.  Suburbs yes, city no.

Well, that one looks good anyway.. play with printing and clear plastic and basic building sounds good..

Das Steinkopf

Also word of advice: don't try putting the Popendetta tanks on a Kato Koki car. The adapter seems designed for the Tomix car.

That's okay as you can use them for either Koki 200 or Koki 107's.

I did a search on eBay earlier today and while there are a few Lawson stores currently up for bid the prices are way beyond what I'm willing to pay. The cheapest was $70+ and the highest was around a hundred bucks. Even if I could afford to pay that I wouldn't because the item simply isn't worth it. Guess I'll just keep hoping that Tomix re-releases it in the not too distant future, and the same goes for the 7-11. Apparently the 3F version is the only one currently available.

I got very lucky. I even thanked the seller for putting it out so cheap. :)

• Like 1