What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Arrived from Loco1Hobby Japan, SAL shipping only took 5 days, amazing...

I ordered Kato 10-1137, four car add-on for E6 and Kato 10-1174 basic N700A set.  This is the first book shelf case I have purchased, and they are nice!

Still no room for my Kato V16, but I will setup the Bachmann track again this weekend.

Shinkasen 20130817

Edited by Mauka
  • Like 1

The JAM has been good to me and fellow visitors. Many many amazing bargains were to be had. I got two Keisei 3200's from MicroAce to add to my slowly growing 90s Keisei collection: A-1870 and A-1876.

post-188-0-12583500-1376831805_thumb.jpg

3216_1991.gif

A-1870: This is an experimental livery version of a 4-car Keisei train (3216-3215-3214-3213) that ran from December 1991 to April 1992. It's a pretty rare catch an it has never been opened, except for the busted case. The cover is split and doesn't connect to the box any more, but that's no problem for me. It's about the train anyway.

3240_2004.gif

A-1876: A 6-car 3200 (3240-3239-3238-3237-3262-3261) in the new Keisei livery, with Keisei Group mark. This train ran from roughly 2004 to March 2007 with the Keisei Group mark, but was repainted in 1994 (sans Keisei Group logo). Now, this train doesn't fit with my other Keisei trains, since it's in a very contemporary livery. My other Keisei trains are actually pre-1994 models (before the introduction of the new livery), I actually should have gotten a Fire Orange version. Then again, I really wanted a 3200 in new livery... Eeh, I'll probably buy one later anyway.

Edited by Toni Babelony

It took a long time but they're finally here!

Keihan 350 and 600 series and Keihan Bus, all by Tomytec:

post-638-0-61126700-1376867519_thumb.jpg

Iyotetsu bus and a Toyota Crown taxi and police car:

post-638-0-80227300-1376867550_thumb.jpg

@Toni

At first I thought the blue-ish livery one was a Nishitetsu train, the livery is really similar...

Edited by Densha
  • Like 1

@ Mauka: Yap, loco1 sends SAL so fast like it's EMS! Wonder how they do it? I received my SAL package recently too! More on that later, but good purchases of the E6 and the N700A ~ The Kato N700A has the tilting mechanism and that is really cool to look at while it runs ~~

@ Toni: No fair!  :cussing:  

I can't go to the JAM and snatch the good deals like you can... Almost completing your Keisei train set collection i presume? 

@ Densha: 

I like the Keihan bus! I believe it's from Collection 15? I presume you got these off ebay, or Yahoo Auctions, seeing that most of the items are quite hard to find now... Nice haul!

My parcel came in last week and i am a happy man!

Now to get well soon so that i can play with them... 

Enjoy the pics!

post-819-0-81113000-1376909458_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-05072300-1376909467_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-54226400-1376909468_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-42886600-1376909471_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-43011700-1376909472_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-12470200-1376909475_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-42366900-1376909477_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-44201500-1376909478_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-91540200-1376909684_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-14182700-1376909690_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-53959700-1376909692_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-91604200-1376909693_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-23673500-1376909696_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-07355900-1376909830_thumb.jpg

We get a lot of bubble wrap plastic but I want to see the contents! What's the red box next to the Evangelion buses? And did you use Yahoo auctions to get those buses because you were all *%&%* because you couldn't get them before. :P And nice Hikari Rail Star!

I got my stuff from Modellbahn Union in Germany. They open the boxes of Tomytec collection sets and sell them separately. I just had to get the Keihan trains when I saw they were going to be released but I didn't want to get a complete box and still risk that one of them is not in it, not to forget I wanted two 350's to run together. I also wanted to get these buses and a model railway doesn't go without taxi and police car, so even though it was a bit more expensive than getting it from Japan (which is indeed only possible through auction sites nowadays) I have exactly the models I want now.

• Like 1

@Densha: It looks very much like a Nishitetsu train, doesn't it? 3-doors, light blue and red stripe. The difference is that the light blue of Nishitetsu is a bit more towards mint-green and the red stripe is thicker. The Keisei version also has a thin dark-blue stripe at the roofline.

@JR500: No no noo~... My Keisei collection is far from completed! I want to have an early 90s collection, so I need many more before I'm satisfied. Next to that, I focus on 4-car trains, rather than full 8-car sets. However, I do want to buy the first AE in 2nd livery and AE100 Skyliners from MicroAce some day... And a 3400 and 3700 from Greenmax (both 8-car trains)... Hurr... :P

You just know something is going to be announced you can't skip, right, Martijn and Toni? Such a thing already happened to me this morning: http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/1307-microace/page-21?do=findComment&comment=86185 Aaarghhh....

And now you're officially Keisei addicted Toni (not that you weren't already). What'd happen in a world without Keisei trains?

Actually, what happened to the previous project idea with short trains? Postponed indefinitely with the bigger project?

You just know something is going to be announced you can't skip, right, Martijn and Toni? Such a thing already happened to me this morning: http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/1307-microace/page-21?do=findComment&comment=86185 Aaarghhh....

And now you're officially Keisei addicted Toni (not that you weren't already). What'd happen in a world without Keisei trains?

Actually, what happened to the previous project idea with short trains? Postponed indefinitely with the bigger project?

Oh no no, I'm not going to abandon my project! All the trains that are 'redundant' will serve as a base (only the chassis, I'll probably leave the shells untouched) for rebuilding projects.

My B-train Shorties will be sold probably... I haven't taken a look at them for months. I even have some boxed still... I'll probably sell them all (Keisei and Keikyū) in one go.

And yes, I think I have the Keisei virus for about ten years, but only recently it has started to mature. Well, a few years ago I drew and programmed all trains of Keisei (and related standard gauge companies) for the game OpenTTD... You could say there is no cure for it. I'm also collecting as much magazines with relevant information as possible.

post-188-0-11470500-1376958029_thumb.jpg

From left to right, top to bottom:

- 鉄道模型Nゲージ Enjoy Ngauge railroading, 2001/10, (Seibido mook) Seibidō Publishing: included are Keisei models;

- 鉄道ピクトリアル #622, 1996/6, Tetsudōtosho Kankōkai: Shin-Keisei files;

- 京成電鉄・新京成電鉄・北総開発鉄道・住宅・都市整備公団 (私鉄の車両12), reprint 2002/7 (1986/1), Neko Publishing: Keisei RR, Shin-Keisei RR, Hokusō Kaihatsu RR, Residence and Metropolitan Development Corp. files;

私鉄車両編成表 '00年版, 2000, J.R.R.: All private railway train formations of 2000;

私鉄車両編成表 '98年版, 2000, J.R.R.: All private railway train formations of 1998;

Edited by Toni Babelony
  • Like 1
Claude_Dreyfus

I have just had word from Hobby Search...the Kato EF64-1000 is back in stock. Another addition to the fleet on its way over!

• Like 2
We get a lot of bubble wrap plastic but I want to see the contents! What's the red box next to the Evangelion buses? And did you use Yahoo auctions to get those buses because you were all *%&%* because you couldn't get them before. :P And nice Hikari Rail Star!

Hi Densha - Yap i couldn't bear NOT having those buses of my favourite anime! So did the Rail Star!

The red thing beside the Eva buses are the 'Promotional' map of Hakone region, given out when you purchase the bus set directly from Odakyu booth that time. It's a very nice looking map, with integrated scenes where they captured the actual Hakone scene and remake it in animation for the Eva, and also covers the route where the Odakyu highway buses travel on. Really neat present ~ Just the map alone cost like 300-500yen on Yahoo Auctions now! I was lucky i got the bundled set ~ 

They open the boxes of Tomytec collection sets and sell them separately. 

I believe another option is Popondetta, which actually though their webpage you can find various opened boxes of various bus/ train/ car collection models for sale. Limited amount and usually left with the not-so-popular ones, but nonetheless a good try to see if there are any ~

@JR500: No no noo~... My Keisei collection is far from completed! I want to have an early 90s collection, so I need many more before I'm satisfied. Next to that, I focus on 4-car trains, rather than full 8-car sets. However, I do want to buy the first AE in 2nd livery and AE100 Skyliners from MicroAce some day... And a 3400 and 3700 from Greenmax (both 8-car trains)... Hurr... :P

Hi Toni - are you referring to the current skyliner? That is one mean looking train! 160km/h to the airport! 

Hi Toni - are you referring to the current skyliner? That is one mean looking train! 160km/h to the airport! 

Hah, no. :P That would be the AE Skyliner 2nd Edition. I'm actually referring to this bad boy:

ksae_03_89n2.jpg

AE Skyliner 1st Edition, 2nd livery. For my setting I'd need the 8-car edition and not the 6-car edition. Ran only a few years before rebuilt to the 3400 Type commuter trains.

• Like 1
Arrived:

- Arumo GE Boxcab;

- Arumo pantograph for it, a symphony in brass...

- Echo Mokei parts to finish locomotive.

Now the only thing missing is the Tenshodo truck for it. It's supposed to be underway.

I also ordered a bunch of Tomytec chassis for the Tobu tram and for a couple of Tetsudo Collection cars, plus pans to finish the cars. And an AClass #16 gauge wamuhachi.

I also received a book about Mori Works, an Osaka loco builder which built, rebuilt or converted (from steam locos) i/c locomotives. The book was published by Neko Publishing and the quality of the book itself is top, as you can expect from Neko. Not knowing Japanese I can't comment on the text but the book is lavishly illustrated with drawings and photos. The only downside is the fact that several (gorgeous) large pictures were published across two pages. Some of the conversions depicted are very interesting - like an 762mm gauge BLW 0-6-0ST from the Ako Railway, converted to i/c and bearing an "The Akoh (sic) Railway Company Ltd." brass plate (written in English) across the cab side - I wonder if Mori was trying to export their wares. I would post pictures, but I'm on holiday and left my camera behind, so these will have to wait. But the purchase was worth every cent spent on it.

Cheers NB

The Tenshodo truck arrived - tiny! Now I only need my contract to expire so I can return back to São Paulo definitively and be able to assemble the Arumo kit.

Cheers NB

postman brought a nice package from HS with Evangelion tomytec (and pantographs) along with an 8 car btrain shorty E6 and and EF510 btrain shorty for my shorty containers... hope i dont get bit toooo bad by the shorty bug. i ordered the full series 0 a week or so back as hobby link had some at a decent price. going to be a killer to motorize and wheel them though!

jeff

Martijn Meerts

Couldn't resist any longer.. Just order the Kato Unitram starter set (40-800) and the "painted" Portram (14-801-8)

I do wonder why, considering I'm nowhere close to being able to incorporate a tram line into my layout.. Because well... I don't have a layout :D

• Like 1

4 shortie trams showed up today along with two of the new green max mow car only kits moulded in yellow. Still needs painting, but better than starting from gray to go to yellow or orange!

Jeff

lurkingknight

next HS order I make I'm ordering a second motor chassis for my 2nd snow miku tram... thinking about a unitram starter as well heh.

also need a 2nd commuter train and a 2nd power box.. then I can actually build a loop.

Couldn't resist any longer.. Just order the Kato Unitram starter set (40-800) and the "painted" Portram (14-801-8)

I do wonder why, considering I'm nowhere close to being able to incorporate a tram line into my layout.. Because well... I don't have a layout :D

Edited by lurkingknight

Welcome to the Unitram "club"! :)

Ordered the Kato 10-354 100 Grand Hikari Shinkansen from Amazon.com.  Amazon Prime membership includes free shipping to Hawaii for many items, but usually not Japanese trains.  Howerver by chance I typed in a seach for "Kato Shinkansen" and this 6-Car set popped up at $120.34 with free shipping. 

This past weekend I had a temporay circle of Bachmann track setup and ran my Kato N700A set.  It does "lean" on the curves - very cool.  I also recieved in a Kato V11 track set from Modeltrainstuff.com, ordered the Kato N700A add on car set and 6-car passenger lighting set from Loco1Hobby.

This is my thrid Shinkansen, guess you could say I'm hooked.....

10003444.jpg

Edited by Mauka

Mauka,

LOL you are hooked! Unfortunately amazon itself doesn't stock Japanese trains, so no prime. All the items are from businesses using amazon as a storefront so you just pay their shipping charges (luckily none in this case!). Have you checked out hobby search yet? Sal is pretty cheap for shipping from Japan.

Jeff

Edited by cteno4

Aloha Jeff,

I've looked at the Hobby Search site quite a bit, but they always seem to be out of stock for the items I want.  So now I use that site as a reference for photos and pricing.  Because they keep even "long sold out" items on the site, they are a good reference.  At some point I am sure I'll place an order with them, but for now Modeltrainstuff.com, Loco1Hobby.net, eBay, and Amazon.com have worked well for me.  Because shipping to Hawaii from the other 48 states can cost more, I'm very sensitive to knowing exactly what the shipping charges will be before paying for an order.  And I do not shop at sites that request payment before showing me the final total with shipping.  Those sites rarely get a bookmark in my browser.

Alan

Edited by Mauka

Hi Alan,

Im from Manila but I have a cousin who is also in Hawaii who helps me acquire some stuff from both amazon and ebay.

Sometimes an item in HS is out of stock but the popular "plazajapan" seller in ebay has them available - but since PJ doesnt ship to Philippines, I let my cousin get it for me.

He is also a prime member in Amazon, so he gets free shipping if possible.

Mardon

Aloha Mardon, thanks for the tip, I'll take a look at "Plazajapan" On eBay.

I would recommend you check out Loco1Hobby.net as well, drop them a message they might ship directly to you. They appear to be a smaller shop but have offered to special order for me.

Large or heavy items are expensive to ship but items like train sets without track or power supply are reasonable. My first order used SAL shipping ( the slower method ) but it arrived in five days!

Alan

Edited by Mauka

Alan,

yeah HS only really stocks the more recent stuff and does not do backordering for you of stuff that may still be around. Japanese trains you will find for the most part do not stay in stock for long long times like us and euro trains do. Most of the stuff tends to be out for a year or two then go out of stock for a time and then if popular its brought back out again for another production cycle. really hot items go out of stock very quickly and then only hope of finding them is on ebay, yahoo japan, or used thru poppendetta (or travel to japan and search hobby shop shelves!) and potentially pay a lot for them. so its a little more frustrating.

hs is is the great catelog. if its long sold out then its not going to be in stock elsewhere you can oversea order with easily. if its out of stock it might be still available and they may restock it or look at other sources like loco1hobby, plazajapan, fmodels.jp, poppendetta, etc. loco1hobby and fmodels will look around for you if they can. poppendetta also has used stuff on their site and several stores so seems to have a larger stock of things that sell out quickly at other places. only downside is the site is all japanese, but easy enough to muddle thru it and they will do email orders if you dont want to try to muck thru the translated checkout system.

ha i guess the sal from japan goes directly to hawaii! will be interesting to hear if you keep getting 1 week sal packages! averages right at 2 weeks here in the dc area (some smaller packages have come in 5 days but not for a couple of years now)

keep us posted on your new "habit". great to see someone from hawaii here! put a pin on the map for yourself.

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/2410-location-location-location/

cheers

jeff