What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

It's not a train, but today my Tomytec model of a Shinto shrine complex (The Building Collection 010-2) arrived.  It's going to be the centerpiece (literally) of the hilltop I'm adding above the gaping hole at one end of my layout that will eventually hold a helix down to storage tracks.

A very nice model, and while I may end up painting it, or parts of it, the pre-painted pieces actually look quite good.

There are a lot of parts though.  I don't think I've assembled a plastic model this complicated since I was in High School (and that was a LOOONG time ago).

If it's anything like the others I own it should just slot together and hold like that rather than.

I dunno if that particular model is different though.

oooh mr postman just delivered the seibu 3000 galaxy express! Stunning train and worth the wait! the graphic is really nice on this one as it flows from one car to the next (dont get them out of order) in a very nice fashion with the hair billowing up and down the length of the train. quite a nice looking painted train. we dont have a show until october to show it off...

jeff

we dont have a show until october to show it off...

*hints* But you have the forum to show it off. *hints* ;)

Nick_Burman
Haha!

It looked like it just went through the trash compactor! It's so cute!

:laughing4:

Cheers NB

Nick_Burman
Nice! And it looks strangely familiar...  :)

I don't know of anyone, but as a possible substitute you might consider a Steam Era Black Beetle. I've used them on a number of models, they're rather good little units. http://www.steameramodels.com/bbeetle.htm

No way - buying railway books is never a mistake! But you have to post a brief review when you get it, yeah?

All the best,

Mark.

Mark,

As Toni pointed out, it's based on the locos supplied to Mie Kotsu.

The problem about the motor bogies is that Mr. Hayashi (the brain behind Arumodel) designed the loco with the Tenshodo bogie in mind. So I don't know if any other brand would be a drop-fit into the locomotive. When I placed the order, Akira (my Tokyo contact) wanted to buy me an Endo power truck, a proposal which I turned down. Apart from being afraid that kit and bogie wouldn't match (leaving me with an expensive lemon in my hands), another couple of issues went against the Endo truck (even though Japanese sources say it is superior to the Tenshodo truck): a- it's made entirely of metal and would require extra work to insulate it and b- it's a split frame design, meaning it would be a pig to convert to DCC. So I sourced elsewhere and left a standing order to Akira to keep his eyes skinned for more, as my wish list includes several more Arumo machines. If you or anyone can tell me if a Black Beetle is a direct replacement for a Tenshodo I'll by more ASAP.

Sure, I'll write about it as soon as it arrives.

Cheers NB

Edited by Nick_Burman
*hints* But you have the forum to show it off. *hints* ;)

* Double hint hint* There is an 'attach photos' button at the bottom of your browser Jeff ~ Hint Hint~  ;)

It's not a train, but today my Tomytec model of a Shinto shrine complex (The Building Collection 010-2) arrived.  It's going to be the centerpiece (literally) of the hilltop I'm adding above the gaping hole at one end of my layout that will eventually hold a helix down to storage tracks.

A very nice model, and while I may end up painting it, or parts of it, the pre-painted pieces actually look quite good.

There are a lot of parts though.  I don't think I've assembled a plastic model this complicated since I was in High School (and that was a LOOONG time ago).

Hi KenS ~~

Do you mean this set? *See attached picture*

It's a marvelous set... Has a very serene and nice feel to it. Definately belonging to a hilltop or some rural serene area ~~

But mine sits in the middle of my city!  *Blames lack of space....*

post-819-0-93337800-1374744508_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-36237600-1374744510_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-06006800-1374744512_thumb.jpg

Well, not trains either ........ nor any order from a hobby shop - but I've been buying pdf files for making n scale buildings/structures. 

Mardon

You still need to isolate the lights in the buildings! B)

Glue a layer of aluminium foil to the walls and roof. Leave places open where you want the light to penetrate through. Works very well with Tomytec. I've done a dozen or so buildings like this some time ago like this. Works like magic! *Densha can tell ;) *

lurkingknight

doh.. ordered a v11 set hoping to add it to a figure preorder coming in september, but looks like I can only combine orders shipping in the same month at amiami... as a result.. probably get the v11 and red snow miku shell in a few weeks.

My Tomix E1系 "Iwai toki no hina tanjō/Birth of crested Ibisis" set arrived today (after just 6 days, of which only one day in customs, seems to be going faster with every new order). Unfortunately the add on set has been out of stock for a while, so she'll be incomplete for a while.

Still, it's a great model in my opinion, and she provides a nice addition to my JR East Shinkansen collection.

here she is (or at least the E154形), among her sisters (apologies for the photo quality, just took a quick shot with my phone):

20130731_204740.jpg

Edited by 200系
The Tomytec models seem to be of the same quality: http://www.1999.co.jp/search_e.asp?Typ1_c=104&scope=1&scope2=0&itkey=tomytec+railway+collection+201+chuo But of course Tomytec doesn't support any lightning and you have to get the power unit, bogies, panto's etc. The price will be half of Kato's, but you don't get any lightning and bookcase though. And I don't know about a 5-car one on the Chuo line, only of 4/6/10 car 201 series.

Tomytec is inferior.  It lacks the front fender which completely changes the appearance of the train.  Kato is worth the money and the wait.

Tomytec is inferior.  It lacks the front fender which completely changes the appearance of the train.  Kato is worth the money and the wait.

Yes i agree. If Kato and Tomix or MicroAce does ready to run models they'll definately be better looking and far superior quality than Tomytec's. Although there are motorised chassis that can be purchased off the shelf, it will be a big challenge to interior light the train, and also the front & rear head/ tail lights. Not to forget the Kato model for the 201 Chuo line 10-370 has lighted front panel that can be changed to '急行', 特急', '通勤特急' etc by changing the front panel board. It's definately worth the money over the Tomytec's one which will be just the base core model. 

Martijn Meerts
Just made the payment for http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10194000, will be a nice addition to my growing collection of steam era cars ;)

And these just came in ..

First impressions, they look real nice and are actually fairly heavy. Unfortunately though, they don't seem to be prepared for interior light, so that should be interesting ;)

Wow! John has a talent of buying very exclusive models that some of us dont know of! I didn't know about that Romance Car either! Nice!