What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

I, and JR500 too I think, meant that we didn't know of that livery. I know of the Odakyu trains.

Yap. That livery is truely unheard of for me... Look at those cute little figurines climbing about the carriage! 

Yap. That livery is truely unheard of for me... Look at those cute little figurines climbing about the carriage! 

That was why i grabbed it....that paint scheme was too nifty to pass up on! 

Guest keio6000

Finally scored a Tomix 115 Nagano area 6-car set.   These are not too rare, but I had been outbid several times before, usually in the JPY 11000-12000 range.   Snagged this one for around JPY 7000 because.... the cardboard outer Tomix cover was missing.   Also, this isn't the newer tomix "Unit C" model (whatever that means), but the older Tomix 92709.   I dont expect it to be as nice as the truly excellent "High Grade" Tomix 169, and in fact I don't expect this one to be particularly nicer than the Kato version that has come out recently.  But, it will be more than good enough, especially after the couplers are replaced.  Beautiful livery.

92416_115nagano.jpg

115NaganoColor.JPG

• Like 2
Guest keio6000
That was why i grabbed it....that paint scheme was too nifty to pass up on! 

Proof yet again that there's room in this hobby for all tastes and preferences, which is what makes it great!

As for me, along with the EXE (which I will get eventually) this is the only Odakyu RomanceCar that has no place in my collection!

• Like 1

Toni, that image isn't showing. But, I agree that the livery isn't as nice on the 211 as it is on the 115, since the 115 has more area for the white paint.  Still, it's not bad.

Arrived:

- Arumo GE Boxcab;

- Arumo pantograph for it, a symphony in brass...

- Echo Mokei parts to finish locomotive.

Now the only thing missing is the Tenshodo truck for it. It's supposed to be underway.

I also ordered a bunch of Tomytec chassis for the Tobu tram and for a couple of Tetsudo Collection cars, plus pans to finish the cars. And an AClass #16 gauge wamuhachi.

I also received a book about Mori Works, an Osaka loco builder which built, rebuilt or converted (from steam locos) i/c locomotives. The book was published by Neko Publishing and the quality of the book itself is top, as you can expect from Neko. Not knowing Japanese I can't comment on the text but the book is lavishly illustrated with drawings and photos. The only downside is the fact that several (gorgeous) large pictures were published across two pages. Some of the conversions depicted are very interesting - like an 762mm gauge BLW 0-6-0ST from the Ako Railway, converted to i/c and bearing an "The Akoh (sic) Railway Company Ltd." brass plate (written in English) across the cab side - I wonder if Mori was trying to export their wares. I would post pictures, but I'm on holiday and left my camera behind, so these will have to wait. But the purchase was worth every cent spent on it.

Cheers NB

Aloha, recevied a Kato Series E6 Akita Shinkansen [super Komachi] (Basic 3-Car Set) ordered from Japan through Amazon.com, and a Kato V16 track set ordered from ModelTrainStuff.com. Ran the E6 on a small 11-3/4" (298mm) radius loop of Bachmann track and it was great, smooth and quiet, and no derailing even at full throttle from the Bachmann power pack. And the Bachmann F3 set loco is a pretty good runner too.

Have plans to assemble the Kato V16 layout this weekend, it's bigger than my folding table and I don't want to run on the floor (dog fur...). I'll post some photos of that.

I did expect a bit higher top speed from the E6, going to meter the actual voltage at the rails and see if I can't tweak it a bit with a different power pack.

Fun! Alan

Edited by Mauka

John

Thanks mucho for the pics, very glad I popped on one the other night! Looks good and wild!

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
I did except a bit higher top speed from the E6, going to meter the actual voltage at the rails and see if I can't tweak it a bit with a different power pack.

Isn't it about model speed, since it's a model train? Also, if you run trains at a high speed, the motor will wear out quickly and will make your train less fun more quickly.

These are actually the speeds Shinkansen are supposed to run:

Then again, it's your train and you should treat it how you like ;)

Aloha Toni, great video and soundtrack! And that station is outstanding. Just the kind of setting I imagine for my "someday" Shinkansen layout. I understand what you're saying about scale speeds and realistic running, and I must say your starts and stops are smooth and gradual. I may need a longer train and a better power supply to achive the same results.

Still new and don't reconize what brand kit is shown in the video, and who makes that wonderful viaduct station structure?

Thank you, Alan

Edited by Mauka

The video isn't mine, but just an example of how to run trains for durability and realism. The smoothness has nothing to do with length and the power of the electricity (though an high ampére might help), but more with the condition of the track and maintenance on the rolling stock.

Local trains can also run smooth: ;)

Track and station are all custom built IIRC.

Track and station are all custom built IIRC.

Custom built Tomix 4009. The benches and canopy are straight out of the package.  Lights-if any and the yellow striping are added detials. The beer in Japan must be good!

• Like 1
Custom built Tomix 4009. The benches and canopy are straight out of the package.  Lights-if any and the yellow striping are added detials. The beer in Japan must be good!

Oh come on... I was referring to the previous video: http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/998-what-did-you-order-or-the-post-deliver/page-140?do=findComment&comment=85901 Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Toni Babelony

I thought these were never going to get here and that the post had lost them....

f6OT8PI.png

On the right is the Sakura sleeper train. or part of it. Which I can't actually use because the couplers don't match anything I own.

Alright, so I gave the 300 a run. I have the Kato variation set 11, with the superelevated curves. It runs fine on one, but derails on the other.

Edited by Keikyu

Ordered from Loco1Hobby a Kato N700a Shinkansen basic 4 car set w/motor and Kato E6 (Super Komachi) 4 car add-on set no motor (for a longer set!).  Using SAL shipping this time so it will be interesting to see the results.  If this works out I likely place a Unitrack order for the layout I'm planning to build in December.

Alan

Edited by Mauka
lurkingknight

received my v11 kit and my red snow miku shell last week... will be the last of the train stuff for a couple months... have to feed the other hobby first. Good news is that it's also of japanese origin... bad news is that it's just as expensive as the trains :P

Hello,

My MA Zipangu arrived yesterday.  A2273.  I have collection of 485 system joyful trains.

A2273 arrived with broken panto, but I was able to repair disengaged elbow joint quite quickly.

A2273 was my last order with BigMan.  Good company, but now I am fan of Loco1Hobby.

• Like 1