What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

What he said.  Used in passenger and freight service from the early sixties to the present day, just as at home working along side steam or the most modern trains.

That and I just like them. :)

• Like 2

My first order from FModels finally arrived! Motoko Ahn gives good prices and great service as well!

She even gave a free sample of "illumi" LED light - you guys tried this before? Would like to get feedback from anyone.

Just shinkansens for now and some flyers from FModels......

The other box with the Greenmax kits came from HS........

Mardon

post-1282-0-48169800-1380787829_thumb.jpgpost-1282-0-96135600-1380787850_thumb.jpgpost-1282-0-07938100-1380787874_thumb.jpg

This showed up on the weekend.  It's a Tomix with a spring drive, and it seems to work pretty well.  Loudest thing I've got, but you can't beat free!

Tomix 0 Series

• Like 1

these turned up in the mail yesterday:-

Kato M1 loop

Kato V4 siding

Kato BNSF GE ES44AC 5904

Kato Mixed Freight

The freight, especially the lightweight gondolas dont like the #4 turnouts.

Edited by katoftw
Guest keio6000

Just ordered via Yahoo JP: MicroAce A-6059.  Meitetsu 5500 4-car set.  Completes my mini-Meitetsu side-collection now to consist of:

img59093864.jpg?_ex=300x300&s=2&r=1

MicroAce 3400

92319_3.jpg

Tomix 7000

and now...

bbef47988c4e97b255088837c7f46826.image.5

MicroAce 5500

so, a happy little old-school meitetsu collection, none longer than 4 cars.

Ever since I started this hobby last Feb/March, I wanted the EH500 to be my first freight loco. Unfortunately, it was not in stock anywhere so had to wait for a re-release.

Finally.......

Mardon

post-1282-0-47962600-1380963267_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice!  It will most likely be my first JRF carrier also. I really like the look of them.

Looking for the EF510, EH200, EF210 and M250 with 4 car add on set also in the future.

Edited by katoftw

Last March I got so frustrated looking for it, but unfortunately no dice. I opted for the DF200 'red bear' just because it kinda had the same paint scheme.....Lol! Everytime I run my red bear, I kept wishing it was the eh500! :D

From your list, I only have the EF210 - now thats a great runner!

Mardon

Edited by macdon
I just ordered a School Gymnastic Hall Kit made by Permil. I'm really curious about its quality.

The kit arrived last week. The window frames are very fine (and 3-dimensional) but I'm not so fond of the spray paint that was used to paint them (a bit too shiny in my opinion). Furthermore, no window glazing material is included. Apart from that I'm quite satisfied with the kit so far.

post-225-0-07237800-1380987212_thumb.jpg

post-225-0-92474700-1380987222_thumb.jpg

post-225-0-23816300-1380987236_thumb.jpg

post-225-0-60029200-1380987482_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darklighter

Paid for my pre-order with Loco1Hobby for Kato Series 885 (1st Edition) `Around the Kyushu` (6-Car Set), and should be receiving it a week from now.

I am dissapointed in the color, when I first followed the links on the Kato release schedule, only the first release with yellow trim was shown. 

Since then Kato added this second release blue trim which I don't find it as attractive. But at least I'm now cured of any desire to do pre-orders.

10230415a3.jpg

Edited by Mauka
The kit arrived last week. The window frames are very fine (and 3-dimensional) but I'm not so fond of the spray paint that was used to paint them (a bit too shiny in my opinion). Furthermore, no window glazing material is included. Apart from that I'm quite satisfied with the kit so far.

The school gym! I thought it looked great as a city hall or some canteen building in a rural setting when i first saw it. Any pics of the completed model? 

*does a Snoopy happy dance* The MA Fox.Squid and Crab set arrived today!  A great looking set!   Piccys later!

Congrats! It's a sweet train set, one of the few that i like alot even till now, although if it is way out of my layout set in Tokyo area... 

Paid for my pre-order with Loco1Hobby for Kato Series 885 (1st Edition) `Around the Kyushu` (6-Car Set), and should be receiving it a week from now.

I am dissapointed in the color, when I first followed the links on the Kato release schedule, only the first release with yellow trim was shown. 

Since then Kato added this second release blue trim which I don't find it as attractive. But at least I'm now cured of any desire to do pre-orders.

That' a sweet train! You know, everytime i see the Kyushu Series 885 Seagull or Kamome, it always reminds me of the China HighSpeed rail train... Wondered who copied who... 

That' a sweet train! You know, everytime i see the Kyushu Series 885 Seagull or Kamome, it always reminds me of the China HighSpeed rail train... Wondered who copied who... 

Well, that easy to answer... The 885 Series was built in 2000. 2nd delivery (with blue trim) was in 2001. Best Chinar started in 2007 with HSR operations.

Well, that easy to answer... The 885 Series was built in 2000. 2nd delivery (with blue trim) was in 2001. Best Chinar started in 2007 with HSR operations.

Heh heh ~ Actually just being polite and leaving a bit of 'face' and not to 'expose' them too much ~~~ :)

Here's a screenshot taken from wiki regarding the 'acquisition of foreign technologies', some of which we will find very familiar... 

post-819-0-75845800-1381123640_thumb.jpg

Edited by JR500 のぞみ
Guest keio6000

10230415a3.jpg

Fully agree - the yellow version is much nicer.  But this particular model itself (yellow or blue) is just gorgeous.

JR Kyushu seems to have gotten rid of more yellow trim than just tihs - the 883 Sonic with the yellow trim is the best one too (teal face with yellow trim) but they now repainted in some unaesthetic dark blue.  blech.

as far as pre-orders, I was just caught out by buying a new product sight unseen - A tomix 583 "high grade" 5-car set.  I am not usually a huge fan of tomix (i am a huge fan of kato's 'house finish' to trains), but AM usually a fan of Tomix's HG trains.  While I don't regret my 583 purchase, I do view it as unwise:

- I overpaid to get a 'new' HG 583 5-car set when plenty of excellent qulality, basically identical more-than-5-car sets are out there on the market.

- the quality of this 'new' HG set is considerably less than i expected. the roof plastic looks cheap and shiny (toylike) as if it was made of cheaper plastic.  i didnt run it yet, but am so far disappointed with the visual look and wonder whether i should have gone with kato's lesser unit that would doubtlessly been much cheaper used and also had the kato 'finish.'  additionally, while I dont run trains at anywhere near prototype length, 5-cars is pathetically short, forcing me to buy add-ons eentually.  but i'll be in no rush - i will try to ind these used on my next trip to japan as they are easy to find in the pochis of the world.

pre-order:  i recently pre-ordered the long delayed microace 8000 and 9000 sets.  im sure those will be microace standard: decent, but unspectacular by the numbers affairs made with a minimum of love.  however, they are likely to sell out incredibly fast, so a pre-order is required. 

Guest keio6000

i just arrived at a family place where i get things from japan sent.  havent been here for many months.  some things i ordered from japan many months ago havent arrived which is a bit troubling.

however, i did get finally get to get my hands on the kato tokyo metro 10000 (fukutoshin/yurakucho) and 16000 (chiyoda) series subway sets.  in a word... wow!   Score: 9/10.

kato's 'tokyo metro' series is in my view a total and complete success.  i really struggle to find any fault in the offerings whatsoever except that there's no news yet of the catalog-promised eidan 6000 series.  the best of the lot is the marunouchi 300-400 series old school train, but the 01 and 02 ginza/marunouchi are also beautiful (FYI - while outwardly similar, they are actually completely different from a mould perspective as the maurnouchi is some 2m longer).   the 10000 and 16000 continue that, with my only slight quibble is that they used the 'shiny' silver color for the roof ac units which i always found to be too bright (many MA units have this).  but as models, they are just lovely to look at and to hold.  but that really is a very small quibble.  additionally, as these things go, the pricing is very reasonable.

also just won on yahoo.jp the keio 6000 'original red stripe' colour 8-car set.  given that this is my favourite train/color of all time, you might find it odd that i dont have this in my collection.  well, basically, when it came out i had concluded that i already had too many good gm versions of same in my collection so passed.  but then.. well.. you know.. it stuck in my head after they became difficult to obtain and oddly it got to the point where it's the only keio MA train not in my collection - so i had to get it. and i did.  JPY 20,000 on yahoo + service fees for the oveseas service is not cheap, but, well, it's done.  8 car set.

Claude_Dreyfus

In an attempt to keep up-to-date (kind of!), one of the Kato class 211s in Nagano area livery have been ordered. Nothing glamourous, but the sort of bread and butter stuff I like.

...and no, I'm not scrapping my currently fleet of 115s!

Guest keio6000
In an attempt to keep up-to-date (kind of!), one of the Kato class 211s in Nagano area livery have been ordered. Nothing glamourous, but the sort of bread and butter stuff I like.

...and no, I'm not scrapping my currently fleet of 115s!

im kind of on the fence about this for the same reason you probably were.  it does bring down the 'average' of that beautiful nagano line livery.  doubly so for a train that i'm guessing that few of us have actually taken.  i dont have a 211 in my stable, and all else being equal, a takasaki line set bought on the cheap would seem to be just the thing for checking that particular "nothing glamorous" box.

I have a motor waiting to be paid for. It's not accurate or anything, but I wanted my Setouchi 115 to actually run so I bought the closest motor I could find.

Happy! I won this off Yahoo Auctions last night and man am i excited for it to arrive!

While we are on the 50000 VSE, i just read here there was some confusion or rather some recall on a defect on the set? Please read here: http://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/support/information/vseowabi.htm

Also awaiting some very tasty items that includes a 209 Sobu line and E231 Joban line to come in pretty soon. Now my commuter trains series is looking good now!

Time to update the roster when they all come in again and grab another group photo shot!

post-819-0-89793100-1381301370_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-59696600-1381301372_thumb.jpg

Edited by JR500 のぞみ
  • Like 3

JR500

I have that same set....what was the confusion/defect that you are referring to?  Paint scheme not right?  connection troubles?

*now confused myself*

got back from a trip to find the tomytec car collections 12R and 15 (realized i never ordered these!) from loco1 hobbies! great fun opening them up but too many vans! have to sell some off...

jeff