The Introduction Thread...

Darren Jeffries

Konnichi wa (Hello)

My Name is Sarah living in Victoria, I am a member of the Australian Japanese Model Railway Group (AJMRG) for over 4 years now and the active member of looking after the e-mails and the website of the group. I originally started on HO scale Victorian model train and then moved to Japanese N scale since seeing them in 2006 at Box Hill at the Japan Festival.

I have now got 5 shinkansens (including the newest E5 Hayabusa), 3 Diesels, 2 Steam Loco's, 3 Electric commuter trains and mixed freight cars. I have also volunteered at a historical group called SteamRail Victoria in restoring Diesel Locomotives and the carriage fleet. Pleased to be joining this forum, as I am also found on the Australian T-TRAK and the N scale Australia Yahoo groups.

I also have a connection to Japanese Anime (Manifest - Melbourne Anime Festival) and to Japanese Drumming (Wadaiko Rindo)

Thanks

• Like 2

Hi Sarah, welcome to the forums! You've made a good choice coming here. The atmosphere is great, relaxed and people from all over the world and all sorts come here to share their knowledge on Japanese rail (and more) in the most friendly way with one another.

Have a good one!

P.s. could you be the first female member of the JNS forums?

Sarah - Welcome to the Forum and am glad you found us. I have a feeling it's official, the majority of member are Aussies so you might know a lot of members here.

I just took a look at the link to your club.....very impressive. I look forward to reading your posts!

Welcome sarah, great to have an AJMRG member on the forum! please post stuff on the club when you get a chance in the club forum!

have fun!

cheers

jeff

Thank you for the welcomes. I will let the other members of the Australian Japanese Model Railway Group know about this forum so they too can join.

• Like 2

Hello everyone! I've been a lurker on this forum for some time, and finally had the guts to join :grin

I'm usually not that good with introductions, but here goes anyway. My name is Sander Jordans, 23 years old, and a railfan for as long as I can remember so model trains are a natural progression from that. I got my first model train when I was 8 (Marklin) and my collection has gradually expanded from that point. My only Japanese trains at this moment are a H0 Gauge Tomix JRF EF66 (modernized) and a N Scale Kato 200系 end car (Railway Museum edition)

Japanese railways have always had a special place for me (at least since I'm aware of them), as does the country it's self, So I've been thinking about building a japanese layout for a couple of years. First in H0 gauge, an idea I later dropped because of the cost and amount of scratchbuilding (I'm more into the trains themself and operation, not scenery), and later in N. My recent (first) visit to Japan has sold me, both to Japanese railroads and on Japanese N gauge.

I Like both the Shinkansen and the classic 1067mm network, my main interest is former JNR equipment build from the late 50's to about the early 80's. In Shinkansen terms I prefer older series like the 0系 100系 and especially the 200系 which does explain my username. anyway sorry for the rambling, here's some shots I took a few weeks ago:

5830033994_d0a956fb43_b.jpg

5829462897_9ec36970bf_b.jpg

for anyone interested, here's the photostream (still missing the Saitama Railway museum pictures I took): http://www.flickr.com/photos/64026707@N02/

Sander

• Like 2

Hi Sander,

Welcome to the forum.  You're a man after my own heart.  I lived in Japan as a highschool student in the mid 1980's.  I love the 0 series Shinkansen, Azusa, Chuo Liner, Series 113 Yokosuka colour, Series 115 and 165 Ordinary Express in Shonan colour.  That's my bag, baby!

If you were to limit your collection to these few series you'd still end up with quite an extensive and interesting collection.  BTW, that Nikko Line series 107 in your photo is made in N scale by Micro Ace, but is currently out of stock.  Suggest you browse this site in order to become familiar with what's available: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/rail/ .  Hobby Search has the best website for learning about Japanese trains and the model manufacturers.  There are several other sites that are good to purchase from, but their websites aren't as good.

Cheers.

The_Ghan

Martijn Meerts

Oooh, more Dutch people.. Won't be long until we can start a Dutch Japanese model train club :)

Welcome Sander! You've made the right choice!

Oooh, more Dutch people.. Won't be long until we can start a Dutch Japanese model train club :)

I think we really should! :grin

Sorry for the Japan language.

お久しぶりです。

僕は元気にやっていますが

しばらく英語で文を書く気を

なくしておりました。

心配かけて申し訳ございませんでした。

これからも皆さん、よろしくお願い致します。

『ビデオ』小田急エクセ (YOU Tube)

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Welcome to the forum.  You're a man after my own heart.  I lived in Japan as a highschool student in the mid 1980's.  I love the 0 series Shinkansen' date=' Azusa, Chuo Liner, Series 113 Yokosuka colour, Series 115 and 165 Ordinary Express in Shonan colour.  That's my bag, baby![/quote']

got that right! got a special place for the 583系, 101系 and 103系 as well. the late JNR era is also the era I'm planning on modelling.

ps thanks for the link!

thanks again!

Hi 489,

Welcome back.  Nice vdo.  The 30000 series looks great, especially at night.

Cheers

The_Ghan

これからも皆さん、よろしくお願い致します。

『ビデオ』小田急エクセ (YOU Tube)

It's okay man, not a problem. Just good to see you're fine and well. :icon_thumleft:

Anyway, good to see the 30000 Series again! I kind of miss the thing, as I've once bought a cheap model of it (now lost it somewhere).

Welcome 200 to the forums. The photos you placed here are really great shots, especially with the 200 and the 32 next to it. hope you have a great time at these forums as like I am and getting great feedback.

Hi everyone!

I am elson. I'm from Singapore. Just gotten into jap n-scale model train after visiting Japan recently. Saw the model when I stepped into a local model train shop and fell in love with them. Was surfing the net for info on jap model train when I stumbled upon this website! Hope to learn from all of you here! Good day.

Hello, I am new here. My name in YC Lin and you can call me YC. I am from Taiwan and just enter the world of trains for about 1.5 years, however had been building plastic models kits for almost 10 years. I mainly collect 1/200 passenger jetliners and 1/500 diecast before, and put all my money into N trains now because they can move!

The trains I have now are mainly shinkansens, along with other special schemes such as JR 201 "seasons" or 781 "doramon". Its nice to discover such a forum discussing Japanese rails.

As you know, Japanese also use "Hanz 漢字" which is much the same as Mandarin "square letters", and most meanings are the same as I know in Mandarin. However actually I can't understand the whole Japanese sentences and I can only guess by these words. Here I can know all the infos, but when it comes to Japanese names spelled in English, such as yama, gawa, I have to guess hard to know what it is LOL.

Edited by MD12
*removed real name :)