The Introduction Thread...

Darren Jeffries

Martijn Meerts

Doraemon is a lovely train .. But those painted trains sure to get addictive =)

Hello Lin,

Welcome to the forum.  You should have a lot of fun with N scale trains as it combines a number of hobbies: trains, electronics, modeling, etc.

Kato makes a model of the Taiwanese High Speed Rail.  It looks great.  You can see a few pictures here: http://www.trainboard.com/grapevine/showthread.php?t=125742

Cheers

The_Ghan

Thanks, I have the 700T set came in wood box with a SEIKO watch but seldom run it. The THSR Company had a clearance sale to their employees and I bought one set from my friend.

Hey MD12,

I'm jealous.  That's a fine set.  There is one for sale on Ebay for over $1000.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Guest JRF-1935

Hi everyone!

I am elson. I'm from Singapore. Just gotten into jap n-scale model train after visiting Japan recently. Saw the model when I stepped into a local model train shop and fell in love with them. Was surfing the net for info on jap model train when I stumbled upon this website! Hope to learn from all of you here! Good day.

Welcome Elson

You have joined a very freindly and informative group here.

Rich C

LibertyCity

For you I am LibertyCity :)

I am 29 yo, living in Europe (The Netherlands) and curious about kitbashing. As there are almost no highrise kits for modelrailroad layouts, I started an investigation and discovered kitbashing.

I have a H0 modelrailroad layout under construction. I will post pictures soon.

Martijn Meerts

Another Dutch person.. We'll need a Dutch section on the forum soon *cough cough* =)

Hello Liberty,

Glad you found us.  We'd love to see some of your work and, if you're into kitbashing, please share your tips on our forum.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Untenshu_TMB

Hello I want to introduce to myself.

My name is Ivan, from Barcelona. I work in Barcelona's Underground Network, specifically in the control center of traffic of trains as responsable.

I love japanese trains and I'm very happy to found this forum to share and speak about our hobby.

Best regards,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMOOwP7rUqs1

Ivan - Welcome to the forum and I like the video you post....is that your work site? Interesting profession.

• Like 1

Welcome Ivan, glad you found jns!

Ive ridden the barcelona underground, nice system, made getting around town a breeze! great work!

cheers

jeff

• Like 1
bikkuri bahn

Welcome Ivan, nice to have another railway professional among the ranks of members (we have some drivers who are frequent contributors).  Being on the control/operations side, looking forward to hearing your perspective on things.

• Like 1

Hey there Ivan (Untenshu),

I'm glad you like this forum.  If you are interested in real Japanese trains then you will like the "Prototypes" section of the forum: http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/board,27.0.html

Do you have a model railway or are you planning to start one?  If so, you'll be pleased to know that N Scale Japanese models can be a lot cheaper than the European counterparts.

Also, as you work in the control room yourself, you might be interested in the "DCC" section of the forum: http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/board,33.0.html  The automation of model railways is of real interest to me.  With software, such as TrainController, you can automate entire timetables on a model.

You can learn about TrainController here: http://www.freiwald.com/pages/traincontroller.htm

Finally, one more thing that might interest you:  In Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the railway department built a digitally controlled model of part of the Kelana Jaya Railway.  You can read about that here: http://tsd.digitrax.com/index.php?c=339

Wishing you all the best and hope you enjoy the forum.

Cheers

The_Ghan

• Like 1

Hello I want to introduce to myself.

My name is Ivan, from Barcelona. I work in Barcelona's Underground Network, specifically in the control center of traffic of trains as responsable.

I love japanese trains and I'm very happy to found this forum to share and speak about our hobby.

Best regards,

Hi Ivan!!!!

Another Spanish (Catalan) in the forum, I can't believe it!!!! Finally I found someone else who likes Japanese trains in my country, and moreover we live just some kilometres far away one from the other!!!!

Uffff... I'm too excited now, but do you know where to buy japanese stuff (I can tell you some places) ? Do you have a layout or are you planning to do it? Are you from Barcelona exactly, or some village arrount it (I'm from Caldes de Montbui)?

Welcome Ivan!!!!

Benvingut Ivan!!! Si vols ens podem passar el chat i comentar cosetes, jo el tinc configurat al meu compte d'aquest forum.

• Like 1
Untenshu_TMB

Ivan - Welcome to the forum and I like the video you post....is that your work site? Interesting profession.

Yes, that's my worksite, Metro's heart.

Welcome Ivan, glad you found jns!

Ive ridden the barcelona underground, nice system, made getting around town a breeze! great work!

cheers

jeff

Thank you, I appreciate your kindly welcoming.

Welcome Ivan, nice to have another railway professional among the ranks of members (we have some drivers who are frequent contributors).  Being on the control/operations side, looking forward to hearing your perspective on things.

I began as driver, seven years ago. Some years later, I change my duties after  a promotion. I going to share some material about japanese trains, I been collecting for 10 years 

Hey there Ivan (Untenshu),

I'm glad you like this forum.  If you are interested in real Japanese trains then you will like the "Prototypes" section of the forum: http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/board,27.0.html

Cheers

The_Ghan

I love japanese prototypes, When i visited japan i went to visit some japanese prototypes. I visit Fastech360 in Sendai, and MLX01 in Yamanashii, I have some photos about it.

I'm very interested in sharing material about Maglev MLX, MLU. I see you in prototypes site.

Hi Ivan!!!!

Another Spanish (Catalan) in the forum, I can't believe it!!!! Finally I found someone else who likes Japanese trains in my country, and moreover we live just some kilometres far away one from the other!!!!

World is a napkin, (Encantat de trobar-te al fòrum.)

Have you material to share

Hi everyone,

My name is Brian. I have been interested in trains all my life. I grew up playing on the platform at Canton Junction on the New Haven mainline outside of Boston. I got interested in Japanese trains after buying a copy of Microsoft Train Simulator 10 years ago, or so. I recently picked up a Kato Portram LRV and found this site in my efforts to find out more about it. I have decided to try to build a small layout to run it and if that comes to pass I will share my progress.

In addition to modeling, I have been trying to keep a blog about the railroad photographs I take (mostly in the U.S.): http://twentystates.blogspot.com/ 

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all and thanks so far for all the information I have already gleaned from the site. I am glad this resource is here.

Brian

CaptOblivious

Welcome Bryan! I just had my first chance to see a Kato Portram up close yesterday, and they are indeed very nice models. You'll find lots of tram people here!

Brian - Welcome to the forum and there is a lot of information here about the Portram and the members here and tell you about anything you need to know about the tram.

The Real Guillyman

Ah! I have just noticed this introduction thread, and have posted my greetings here instead!: http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/topic,5442.0.html

I am Alan Wheeler, the genuine guillyman, so don't be taken in by the imposter who has attempted to steal my identity and has given links to plagiarism on these forums. (Admin are kindly dealing with the issues at this very moment.)

I am one-time co-Administrator and owner of the old BVE-Terminus.org domain, and feature in Eezypeazy's BVE Pages just here: http://www.eezypeazy.co.uk/ Whereas I have presently ceased my BVE activities I will be happy to pass on any advice and experience I can to potential new developers. Who knows? I may be persuaded to return if the enthusiasm ever re-appears!

I look forwards to contributing in my own small way to these fine forums. Kind regards to all!

Al.  :cheesy

Hola Amigos....!!!

My name is Salvador (you can call me Chava).

I have been running model trains for a while. I model in N Scale and I especially like passenger trains...... N Scale.... Passenger trains.... this combination led me to recently discover the Japanese trains and almost immediately I fell in love with them.

This forum was a very nice surprise. I discovered it while surfing the web in search for information about Toyama Light Rail Tram (PORTRAM).

I live in Saltillo, the capital city of the Sate of Coahuila, in northeast Mexico. I realize there are people from all around the world in this Forum.... There are more Latinamericans here? I know many railroad fans in my country, but as far as I know, just one of them is interested in Japanese trains (I already told to him about this Forum).

Until now, I have 4 Japanese trains: one Shinkansen 800 Tsubame, one Shinkansen N700 Nozomi, one Shinkansen E3 Komachi and, my last adquisition, one Express 885 Shiroi Kamome.  I hope to increase my collection with time. You can see part of my rolling stock here:

(as you can see I am not afraid to run Japanese, American and Mexican trains at the same time  :cheesy).

That’s it for the moment, friends, but before to say "hasta la vista", I just want to thank the Administrators of this Forum for accepting me.

Chava.

Hey Chava,

Glad you found us.  I love your collection of trains.  The layout is quite good too. 

One of the nice things about a model railroad is that it is YOUR WORLD.  Run any combination of trains you like!!!!

Cheers

The_Ghan