What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Got Trains?

Lol! Im sure most everyone here does!

I got some Kato stuff that my dad recently received in Canada. He's visiting my brother in Canada and will be coming back to Manila first week of Sept. Cant wait!

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t515/macdon2/photo4_zpsead1a34b.jpg

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t515/macdon2/photo2_zps3daffdb0.jpg

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t515/macdon2/photo1_zpse8a53ab5.jpg

I found this handheld throttle in ebay. As it turns out, the maker is from Canada - so might as well try it out.

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t515/macdon2/photo3_zps627f0ef5.jpg

While I've been teased by those pics that my dad sent thru email, these 2 packages came in the mail here in Manila today:

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t515/macdon2/IMG_1173_zps516f2365.jpg

This is actually my 2nd Tomix train ever - my first being the blue cleaning car. So will see how they compare to Kato.

Oh, if anyone knows where I could find the Tomix 3-car add on Tsubame set at a decent price......(or maybe a good preowned set), do let me know.

.......and lastly, I'd like to take this opportunity in thanking our good member Jeff (cteno4)for helping me purchase the MRC 280 Tech4 dual controller! Thanks buddy! (I didnt know that your "used" Tech4 would look brand spanking new!! hahahaha!)

Mardon

Went to Shinjuku (in his family's massive Toyota Crown) with a buddy where he bought some additional rails, points and cables (Kato and Tomix) for our project at Yodobashi Camera. After that he ran off to school and I quickly popped in Hobby Land Pochi and scored four ultra cheap  old electric Tomix points (two grey, two brown) for myself. They're not really good looking, but they can do well for hidden yard.

Guest keio6000

Kato's Chiyoda line 16000 just arrived.  Top quality kato stuff, as expected.   Also recently got the Yurakucho/Fukutoshin 10000 set.   Completes a year of kato subway acquisitions including the 01 and 02 ginza/marunouchi sets and the wonderful older marunouchi set.    bring on the old-school ginza line trains, a logical next step.

It's odd, i lived in tokyo for many years and can't remember once ever taking the Yurakucho line, even on a short transfer.   though I have taken the fukutoshin line a plenty (often to the super-deep platform at higashi shinjuku)

lurkingknight

it's not trains... but... it's by tokyo marui.. who makes models... that's sort of related to trains... isn't it? lol..

20130829.jpg

and in its new home:

20130831.jpg

promise, the next one will be trains... more track is being ordered for winter shenanigans, and kitbashing the station components begins. Hopefully resuming that stuff in november after my airsoft season is done.

I have expensive hobbies T_T

• Like 1

That is a hobby I want to start, but no. Lack of funds. Prospects to move to another country some day maybe... Not such a good idea. No matter how much I would like an FN P90 replica.

I presume that is a full-metal with blow-back?

Edited by Toni Babelony
lurkingknight

the real FN 5-7 is a polymer based frame/slide gun with a metal insert in the polymer slide. The TM replica is made of abs plastic. The inner slide from factory is abs as well but there are upgrade parts for it. Some countries will allow the import of airsoft guns, so if you do get into it, you'll have to read up on it. The US I believe only requires oranged tips so you'll have to paint the obnoxious orange on the front. Canada has a fps minimum of 1.35 J muzzle energy unless you know some questionable people or tricks.. or get lucky. that would basically make all TM guns ineligible for import since the firearms laws in japan put the limit of airsoft guns at 1J muzzle energy, but like I said... questionable people or tricks. lol.

The gun is blowback, and it's quite fun to shoot. I've spent far more money on airsoft than I'd like to admit... but from one person with an obsession to another.. train guys should know what that's all about... when asked how much did you spend? "Too much and not enough." 

btw, I also have this gun's bigger brother the p90.

Edited by lurkingknight
  • Like 1

T5dPNb3.png

2 of the green and grey ones have 2 red circles at one end. What purpose do those serve exactly? I thought they would be like reflectors put at the back of the train to make them more visible when you don't have much area to mount actual lights, but why would they need 2 end cars?

Edited by Keikyu
  • Like 3

oooh nice! mine should be here in a couple of weeks. now all we need is someone to make the white chrysanthemum emblem decal to put in the center there! anyone have an alps printer? unfortunately its white which makes it impossible to do with the standard techniques!

cheers

jeff 

T5dPNb3.png

2 of the green and grey ones have 2 red circles at one end. What purpose do those serve exactly? I thought they would be like reflectors put at the back of the train to make them more visible when you don't have much area to mount actual lights, but why would they need 2 end cars?

They are indeed the rear of train markers, assuming they are Kato cars, mine came with the red discs as separate items to be applied by the modeller.

oooh nice! mine should be here in a couple of weeks. now all we need is someone to make the white chrysanthemum emblem decal to put in the center there! anyone have an alps printer? unfortunately its white which makes it impossible to do with the standard techniques!

cheers

jeff 

I have an ALPs printer.  I'd be happy to run off as many chrysanthemum emblems as you guys like if someone gets me an emporer's car. :grin

West, Ooh a rare beast! You should start selling decals! Fmodels had the emperior's car as of last week. Jeff

I've never ordered from them before but I've sent off an email asking if they still have them.

I've had the printer over ten years now and I'm surprised it still works but was talking with a guy at a hobby show on the weekend and learned that ink cartridges will no longer be made after 2015.  He is starting a custom decal business using an inkjet printing process http://customhobbydecals.com/ The website doesn't have much at present but he had several sample sheets of decals that were excellent and light years ahead of what I can do with the ALPS.  He quoted rough prices of about $16 for a Micro-Scale size sheet and $66 for A4 size, they can prepare the artwork or you can do that part yourself.  When we started talking I asked "but can you do white?" and he replied "what shade of white would you like?".

Edited by westfalen
They are indeed the rear of train markers, assuming they are Kato cars, mine came with the red discs as separate items to be applied by the modeller.

Ah okay, they seem to be attached to the handrail and since I bought them second hand I don't think I can replace them. Oh well.

I just ordered a School Gymnastic Hall Kit made by Permil. I'm really curious about its quality.

Other than that, I received lots of "boring" stuff lately (Kato buildings and station area scenery detail parts, lots of containers (including some Hogarakadou containers that were on sale), Kokis, DN163K0a decoders, Sankei kits,...).

Edited by Darklighter
Is that a new brand? It looks really good in the pictures...

I can't say I've heard of them before either.  The swimming pool looks interesting.

• Like 1

Permil has been doing laser kits in n scale for a while now. mostly larger structures and not cheap. looks like they try and do things very prototypically and detailed, ive been thinking of trying a smaller, cheaper kit (some of their larger stuff is expensive!) to check out the detail and finished look. Darklighter keep us posted on how it come out!

cheers

jeff

cheers

jeff 

I looked into it just in case I can get one and from the photos I've found online and in Japan Railfan Magazine the emblem appears to be gold and three dimensional so something other than decals might be in order.  You'd also need the emblem and crossed Japanese flags for the front of the train.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Gw8vfu7H16A/0.jpg

http://kura1.photozou.jp/pub/353/230353/photo/158686986_624.jpg