What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

8 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

Been trying to stay from buses but this one I couldn’t help myself. Actually got 2. 😀

You know what i'm gonna say right buddy?  😛 Just 2? Are you sure that's enough? 

51 minutes ago, Suica said:

Last delivery in 2018.

MicroAce JR E751 Series Tsugaru

One of the really tempting trains... and perfect timing just before 2019!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 stars in Kyushu set arrived today. Looks and feels amazing. I think I may have to setup a temporary DC layout to try this one out.

I don't suppose there are any sound decoders for the DF200?

• Like 1

Preorder showed up beautiful KIHA58 “Isaribi”. Beautiful train! Starting out in marine biology I loves me my sea critters.

jeff

41229E8D-EFDF-4806-B3A7-838D147E5178.jpeg

83293211-9B08-4794-90EE-79E202F8FB2B.jpeg

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 8

Two Casco cases (a six slot for the Panorama Express Alps and a twelve to start getting my B Train Shorties into proper storage) and a couple of packs of Greenmax gangway bellows.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, gavino200 said:

I got my Kittybahn and my yearly Kato droolbook!!

Your forgot to mention the most important thing on there.  The bus!

@JR 500系 I called him out for you )

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, chadbag said:

I'm actually not super happy with the bus. I liked the idea but it doesn't look great. The steam engine illusion isn't very striking. But it does break up the outline of the bus. The effect is that it just. sort of camouflages the bus. I haven't opened it. I may just put it aside and sell it on ebay later.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

I'm actually not super happy with the bus. I liked the idea but it doesn't look great. The steam engine illusion isn't very striking. But it does break up the outline of the bus. The effect is that it just. sort of camouflages the bus. I haven't opened it. I may just put it aside and sell it on ebay later.

You need to post a bigger picture of it.  I only saw that there was a bus package.  The low-res (after the forum SW mungs your picture) did not show what sort of bus it is.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chadbag said:

You need to post a bigger picture of it.  I only saw that there was a bus package.  The low-res (after the forum SW mungs your picture) did not show what sort of bus it is.

This is it. I didn't bother with a close up. I don't like it so much, so I didn't think it was worthy of your attention.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10553589

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 1/1/2019 at 10:45 AM, Kiran said:

I don't suppose there are any sound decoders for the DF200?

It would be to get one in there, the center bogie doesn't you much room. And there's not a lot of frame you can mill off to fit one in. 

8 hours ago, chadbag said:

How are you going to DCC the Kitty Train?

I don't know yet. It'll sit on the shelf for a while before I get around to looking at it. I'll let you know when I get to it. Probably I'll post in the 500 DCC thread.,

Das Steinkopf

Some bits and pieces arrived today from AmiAmi, the TM-10R’s were part of a January preorder but AmiAmi decided to move the delivery forward to the joy of me having to pay more postage. I decided to slap on a few sundry pieces as I need some more pantographs and TT-03R parts for the upcoming Kumaden 01 Series Kumamon arrivals, I also got some more 0393 TN’s for when I get the Seino KoKi 107’s in April. The JC25 is so I can now couple my unpowered 211-5000 Series LL Set to my 313-2300 Series making a very nice 7 car peak hour commuter train.

7698CA85-3BFA-487D-87FE-D5F1F28A1F1C.jpeg

89FB08F1-A7D6-42AF-81F5-39B52DA4CC9A.jpeg

B89E9CDF-028C-4A3A-BB67-F2AFFC7554E9.jpeg

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 8
18 hours ago, chadbag said:

Haha thanks! That is one interesting bus!

18 hours ago, gavino200 said:

I'm liking the bus, just not so much though... the GSE bus seems to favour me more too, cause being so simple and elegant, it's just perfect!

• Like 3
13 hours ago, nah00 said:

It would be to get one in there, the center bogie doesn't you much room. And there's not a lot of frame you can mill off to fit one in. 

I was curious about the center bogie. Why do these loco need it?

From my understanding, it's a combination of size and versatility. Most countries would run a C truck if they have six axles, however, three axle trucks are not tight-curve friendly. A two axle B truck goes around tight curves much better, as well as goes over rough track better. By running a third B truck in the middle, they retain the large footprint and high tractive effort without sacrificing the (much worse) ride quality of the three-axle C trucks.

Some locomotives also have axles or trucks in the middle as a weight distribution thing, such as the ED62 (fifth, centre idler) and the DD51 (third, two axle idler truck (a 2)). The ED62 originally was an ED61 with two B trucks, but needed the fifth idler to spread the weight out for the Lida line and all were upgraded as such.

Now the default chassis layout is B-B-B instead of a C-C, such as older locomotives like the EF58.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

Some bits and pieces arrived today from AmiAmi, the TM-10R’s were part of a January preorder but AmiAmi decided to move the delivery forward to the joy of me having to pay more postage.

They were always slotted in for Dec release by Tomytec.  Dunno why since the corresponding Kumaden models are slotted in for Jan.

edit//  No Jan as you said.  Just checked the Tomytec pdf.

Edited by katoftw

Some bits and bobs arrived today to make a switch box,simple on off toggle switches that will control the isolated sections of track and all the lights.

D29A4B18-18FD-45AD-BB65-B30477AF1892.thumb.jpeg.5b5701db22e1d6f6bad32e8e08463539.jpeg

• Like 2

Reporting in, the most expensive box of 2018! 

Love the Dencha train, and boy aint it expensive.... I'll probably post another thread on making the 817s connect with the 813s and the 811s... 

Hello Kitty reports in! Pink bomb!

20181228_212517.jpg

20181228_212602.jpg

20181228_212801.jpg

20181228_212931.jpg

20181230_143342.jpg

20181230_143355.jpg

20181230_143421.jpg

• Like 5