What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

2 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

Cant wait to see how it looks, I'm eyeing the tomix 115s in HO myself, the detail looks amazing on their HO releases.

Yes, I was not sure why the Tomix releases were comparatively more expensive than Kato but now I see why. I’ll add some photos on The HO thread.

8D282B8B-E9C6-4DA4-83FD-EFFFE4AF06B0.thumb.jpeg.00112ccc7438daacdf8b96ea14573091.jpeg

Nothing special,just the backscene posters.These are 15” high and designed for ho/oo scale so I was carefull to select ones with no ref to scale on,ie buildings etc.I went with the premium range as They re made from polypropylene so are like a plastic,a bit more robust for outside and wo nt be affected In Anyway by the damp winter conditions,they re also self adhesive.

• Like 7
4 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

They re made from polypropylene

Don't forget that anything made from polypropylene can degrade if left in direct sunlight.

Ordered:

2 x Seki-3000 coal hoppers, with load.

1 x Rural freight platform

Both Kato, and ordered from HobbySearch, whose website encourages me to buy with confidence. There's a lot of information there, both about products, and shipping, which I like.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, katoftw said:

Not too many modellers leave their layouts in direct sunlight for obvious reasons.

Not on purpose, but you could have a window that has direct sunlight for a part of the day and maybe not even realize it (maybe while you are out at work is the period of the day when the sun shines through the window and happens to fall on the layout).

• Like 1

I just remembered that bit of trivia and I wanted to share it. The backdrops look really nice and hopefully they will last you well.

• Like 1

Gents,

thanks for all comments,that’s why we put these posts up.

i have one window in the shed and fortunately it does nt get any direct sunlight at all.

the normal quality backscene posters will get damp in the winter,any contact with a finger nail or sharp edge of a rail joiner and they rip quite easily,so choosing The polypropylene ones was the lesser of the two evils I guess😂😂👍👍

Bought this big guy at a show today.

0203191409.jpg

0203191409a.jpg

Been fighting with myself over if I wanted to get one or not...

Welp...

Oops.

• Like 10
10 minutes ago, GDorsett said:

Bought this big guy at a show today.

Been fighting with myself over if I wanted to get one or not...

Welp...

Oops.

Was this second hand, or are you really that quick to add the grab irons and details? It's a beautiful model, so I'm impressed either way!

48 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Was this second hand, or are you really that quick to add the grab irons and details? It's a beautiful model, so I'm impressed either way!

I'm just good. Bought it new and kneeled on the floor next to the table and sat there with my tweezers and put them on.

Even launched a few of the extra parts across the hall!

Edited by GDorsett
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, GDorsett said:

I'm just good. Bought it new and kneeled on the floor next to the table and sat there with my tweezers and put them on.

Even launched a few of the extra parts across the hall!

I've had mine for four years. Still no number plates or grab bars fitted.

And you do yours in four minutes. I am ashamed. 😃

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

Wow great find at Timonium Garrett! I’ve rarely noticed any Japanese ho there! 

Jeff

Nope, not HO. If it was HO, then this would be the wrong thread for that.

Although I did find an OHaFu 12 there last February...nothing since then.

National Capital Trains generally has a few JP stuff. I saw this and jumped on it. They also had an Asakaze 7-car base set from Kato, a Glacier express, and a Dr. Yellow.

1 hour ago, katoftw said:

I've had mine for four years. Still no number plates or grab bars fitted.

And you do yours in four minutes. I am ashamed. 😃

I don't like having incomplete things. Most of my incomplete projects are stacked in my "project box". Couldn't tell you how many items I have partially assembled or in primer paint or halfway through a modification. I try to put the details on soon after I get them so that they're track-ready.

Whoops I thought it was the HO thread! I thought it very strange for timonimum! Yes odd smattering of n popping up. Sometimes hardly any sometimes a fair amount.

jeff

• Haha 1

No, if I find an EH500 in HO at Timonium for a reasonable price, I will jump on it. Won't stay on that table very long.

Pre-ordered the underbody parts for a Kumoha320 aka JR 321 series.  Would be too long ago for anyone to remember.  But I got my Kato 321 series, 3 car basic and 4 car add-on, from a yahoo seller brand new for 10,000 yen, which is crazy low cost.  Once I got it, one of the front dummy couplers was missing and the clip on the motor car for the coupler was broken.  So it would not hold the couplers together.  Since the EMU couplers for Kato are all the same, finding a replacement coupler wasn't difficult.  But the dummy couple doesn't come as a stand alone part.  Since the 321 series is being re-released, so are the shelss, underbody parts and motor car.

I only want the dummy coupler, so 950 yen is a bit too much.  And I was thinking of just just getting some old couplers and going custom to fit as a dummy.  But since I paid peanuts for the 7 cars.  Buying a coupler set and overpriced dummy coupler with chassis, light unit, bogies, wheels and coupler attached isn't so bad.

• Like 1

This morning my last ED79-0 from KATO arrived. Now I have a matching ED 79-0 for the Cassiopeia, Twilight Express, Hokutosei and Hamanasu.

Das Steinkopf

My January preorder from Hobby Search arrived today, I really have to start thinking about what I am going to build to run all my Kumamons and their sister stock on. 

5E08FF95-D791-4302-B439-DAAA35DE1A51.jpeg

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 7

A freight train leaves Tokyo heading east at 550 miles per hour. How long does it take to reach the eastern United States, a distance of 7000 miles?

3 hours ago, Sheffie said:

A freight train leaves Tokyo heading east at 550 miles per hour. How long does it take to reach the eastern United States, a distance of 7000 miles?

Depends whose piloting.   

• Like 1
3 hours ago, chadbag said:

Depends whose piloting.   

If DHL/UPS/Fedex is piloting, then probably about 3 days.  If the post office is piloting, probably about 7-10 days, up to several weeks, depending on whether the pilot is an express pilot or a local pilot.

(sorry to reply to my own reply)

Edited by chadbag
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1