What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Did someone recently post a Kato video showing how the couplers worked? The carriages have the big old Rapido couplers front and rear, but something fancy and whiskery in between the coaches. I'm sure they'll look great as soon as I figure out how to make them couple.

24 minutes ago, Sheffie said:

Did someone recently post a Kato video showing how the couplers worked? The carriages have the big old Rapido couplers front and rear, but something fancy and whiskery in between the coaches. I'm sure they'll look great as soon as I figure out how to make them couple.

This may be it.

Still the wheels need to be on the track.  Couplers should be lined up (they usually aren't if wheels are off the track).

To get the wheels on the track you may want to use the blue rerailer.      https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10003108

Edited by bill937ca
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the help. I've got it going now. I guess I just needed to try and retry until it works. And better lighting. And new glasses.

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Those look like the knuckle couplers with cosmetic hoses either side. Just nudge them together gently on straight track and you should see/hear them click.

• Like 1

I got this set off my boys for Xmas,only the train tho,the carriages are designed to fit together in a certain order and that’s why it has diferent couplers👍😀

• Like 1
On 1/26/2019 at 8:49 PM, Space Beaver said:

Went to Omiya today for the Tomix World pre-relocation sales.

Where are they moving to? I’m jealous as on my last visit I was tempted by an HO clearance ED79 and EH200 which I later regretted not going for. I had to be disciplined as I’d just been to JAM.  I bet they had some juicy stuff on clearance.

Claude_Dreyfus

I have taken the plunge and ordered my first World Kogei model. Not one of the brass models, but certainly looks cute...

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10587544

I have been ordering less and less lately (my sum total of purchases from Japan for the last 18 months have been two packs of buses and a pack of cars), and I am conscious that my 5,000+ Hobby Search points expire a year after the last purchase...so I thought I should use them!

I have been after a small shunter of this nature for a new project I have in mind... hopefully to start in the spring/early summer.

• Like 3

Delivered today: Kato straight track and re-railers/crossings, plus some hobbycraft Woodland Scenics wedges for supporting 2% gradients. 

This is very nearly everything I need, track-wise

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 3

Two Casco cases, a pack of Greenmax catenary masts and an Arii "Blue Train" OHaNeFu kit in HO. Also reserved three packs of Kato gangway bellows to replace the missing ones on the Panorama Express Alps and equip some other units. Suspect I'll get hit on postage for that latter one as it doesn't look as if I can add anything else to the order for dispatch at the same time (more coach kits, for example).

Joining the E926 club.

DyVKTyiXcAAHtsR.thumb.jpg.66c859d1108b7385025307a76e55417c.jpg

I wanted this one ever since I saw the train at Sendai station.

Also got some Casco cases (for European prototype use). It's incredible how hard these are to come by...

• Like 5
52 minutes ago, Suica said:

Joining the E926 club.

Does yours seem to get hot while running? The motor car on mine gets more warmish than I would like. 

1 hour ago, Suica said:

Also got some Casco cases (for European prototype use). It's incredible how hard these are to come by...

I think they must struggle to keep up. I notice HobbySearch have a "one per household" restriction on some, particularly the newer 12-slot ones. I ordered two slightly different ones for that reason - one which takes twelve 18m items (which will hold the rest of my B Train Shorties) and one which takes 12 21m items (which will be half full of KiHas, with room to add to the fleet).

The particularly maddening one is the rapid disappearance of the electric loco case. Nobody else offers anything quite like it.

2 hours ago, Suica said:

Joining the E926 club.

DyVKTyiXcAAHtsR.thumb.jpg.66c859d1108b7385025307a76e55417c.jpg

I wanted this one ever since I saw the train at Sendai station.

Another good choice mate,so green right now👍😀

5 hours ago, nah00 said:

Does yours seem to get hot while running? The motor car on mine gets more warmish than I would like. 

Running for how long? I didn't notice anything unusual during my test today.

Well my Seven Stars finally got here. Despite being pre-ordered back in September, I was obviously not quick enough to secure one of the first batch. I won’t bore you all as we all seen pictures of them already. Beautiful looking, heavy paint work and nice detailing throughout. Considering it was a factory sealed box, there was also a fair amount of fluff on the model but I imagine the foam has a good amount of static to attract it.

One small criticism for Kato would be to include a small booklet about the prototype, as they did with the 1988 Orient Express. Some nice images of the routes, interiors of the real train would have been a welcome addition. 

Certainly this would’ve been a nice inclusion to the “Special Train” releases such as this. Not sure if the E001 Shikishima contained a similar booklet to the OE.

Also bit the bullet on a JNR EF71 in HO from Tomix awaiting the soon to be released Kiha 81s. I’ll post some pictures in the HO thread regarding this when I get the chance. First impressions look good for my first Tomix HO loco.

D0946ABD-8425-4615-8181-2A4A860D6028.jpeg

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Kamome said:

Also bit the bullet on a JNR EF71 in HO from Tomix awaiting the soon to be released Kiha 81s. 

Is Tomix also doing the Kiha 81 in HO or are you planning to run it with the Kato ones?  I was looking at the Kato releases page and while the Kiha 82 rerelease is on schedule in March, the Kiha 81 has apparently been delayed till late April.  Cant wait to see how it looks, I'm eyeing the tomix 115s in HO myself, the detail looks amazing on their HO releases.

I don't have any of of their 115 series cars, but I do have 153, 157, 485 and 583 series models from Tomix. All of them are well detailed and finished, and all run well. I don't think you'd be disappointed by the 115s.

Cheers,

Mark.

1 hour ago, Kiha66 said:

Is Tomix also doing the Kiha 81 in HO or are you planning to run it with the Kato ones?

Awaiting the Kato ones. The EF71 comes with Kadee couplers but there’s some additional couplers to attach to the Tomix Kiha 181. I need to check whether these will be compatible with whatever Kato uses on their Kiha 81 and 82. May need to fashion something if they don’t quite fit or try and fit Kadee to the Kihas. I might have a go with my Kato Kiha 58s to see if they couple with the Tomix couplers.