What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Squid,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Hope mother and baby (10 fingers, 10 toes and 10 tentacles) are doing well and father beaming! Maybe a t scale train car to fit in those tiny fingers?!

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 1

Why yes. I managed to reassure her that there was no chance of a caesarian as I'd forgotten to bring the scissors.

Anyway, this is what turned up in the post.

attachicon.gifbaby.jpg

Congratulation to you Railsquid and to Mrs. Railsquid. May Mrs. Railsquid and babyrailsquid be healthy and enjoy the wonders of the world.

Cheers

Sarah

Edited by linkey
  • Like 1

After one month the post office notified me there is a package for me at the customs, so if I need it I should present some buying documentation. As I did it a few days ago, it has just arrived home:

post-212-0-58059600-1421782837_thumb.jpg   post-212-0-07278100-1421782843_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I hope I was not the only one who thought for a moment IST had been waiting for an empty E231 carton for a month...

It got me for a second also as I clicked the first picture, but I saw the -891 box also.  Then clicked next and saw why thecarton was empty.

I hope I was not the only one who thought for a moment IST had been waiting for an empty E231 carton for a month...

You can imagine that I was fully surprised when I opened the package and saw the empty set box. Then I realized those 4 cars are in the big storage box. :)

This set is a second hand item, not a new one from a shop.

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Squid! We just had a baby too and I attribute my spending more time at home and on the computer to rediscovering the wonderful world of model trains and especially Japanese trains.  After my baby duties and the wife puts her to sleep, I get to go run my trains.

• Like 1

Railsquid,

All the best to you and your new family! What are you going to call the baby squid?

Mark.

Edited by marknewton
  • Like 1

Serrota,

CONGRATULATIONS yourself on the new addition! Good to hear you still have a few waking moments you can play with the trains once everyone else is asleep! Perhaps the trains will become that soothing noise that will get junior back to sleep for you.

Cheers,

Jeff

• Like 2

J.R. Series 500-7000 Sanyo Shinkansen `Kansenger Wrapping` on it's way from Asakusa. :)

It's out?

Oh dear!

My card....

Last month and this month is seeing an extensive amount of funds going into train rolling stocks... Way too much....

I just recieved my Tomix Odakyu Series 7000 "Romance Car" LSE from Narichii. That is fantastic service. Ordered on the 8th of Jan. Thank you Narichii.

Now I wish I had a railroad to run it on.

gerryo

• Like 1

post-2625-0-24151100-1422099297_thumb.jpgI just went train shopping in Hong Kong this afternoon! All Kato....

2015 Japanese catalogue

V13 Concrete slab track viaduct set

2 packs of poured concrete double track piers (23-019)

E233-3000 Series 10-car Takasaki/Utsunomiya Line commuter train

Imperial Family special car for the E655

Yet another Modemo Randen 621 arrived yesterday - I must have close to the entire roster.

I hate you in the nicest possible way.  haha  And also look forward to some pics of your Randen layout.

Why yes. I managed to reassure her that there was no chance of a caesarian as I'd forgotten to bring the scissors.

Anyway, this is what turned up in the post.

attachicon.gifbaby.jpg

Congratulations, the baby looks great!

Mine is now a litle over 3 months old, you might find the layout taking a backseat for a while, I have barely had a moment to touch mine since he arrived.  Still though, its been the best 3 months of my life, fatherhood is awesome :)

• Like 1

Congratulations, the baby looks great!

Mine is now a litle over 3 months old, you might find the layout taking a backseat for a while, I have barely had a moment to touch mine since he arrived.  Still though, its been the best 3 months of my life, fatherhood is awesome :)

Thanks. Finally got him out of the hospital (he's at the in-laws until tomorrow) and spent some quality time with him (which involved him sleeping all afternoon on my stomach). I'm not a fan of the way they do things in Japanese hospitals - they keep the babies isolated with only 3-hourly feeding visits, so I think he was happy for all the contact. Quiet content little chappie, but not afraid to communicate what he wants. Definitely no regrets.

Luckily I work mainly from home for a family-friendly company, so hold out some hope of getting the odd bit of stuff done, and if not I can always watch the trains go round and round.

Thanks. Finally got him out of the hospital (he's at the in-laws until tomorrow) and spent some quality time with him (which involved him sleeping all afternoon on my stomach). I'm not a fan of the way they do things in Japanese hospitals - they keep the babies isolated with only 3-hourly feeding visits, so I think he was happy for all the contact. Quiet content little chappie, but not afraid to communicate what he wants. Definitely no regrets.

Luckily I work mainly from home for a family-friendly company, so hold out some hope of getting the odd bit of stuff done, and if not I can always watch the trains go round and round.

Great!  That must have been a rule particular to that hospital, at ours our little guy was with his mom almost 24 hours a day while they were in there (for about a week after). 

That is really cool that you can work from home, I work in an office but my schedule is pretty flexible so I've been able to spend a fair bit of time at home.  Always useful to be around with an extra set of hands to take baby. 

Speaking of whom, I hear someone crying right now....

Squid, congrats on your new 1:1 model :) 

This one comes equipped with a great soundbox and all those real sounds :laughing3: 

My 2  1:1 models are now getting older and wanting to join me on my train driving sessions.

Speaking of trains... getting stressed at the Portuguese post company. waiting for a package from David @loco1. Package arrived in Lisbon the past 20/12 and stopped. It is now over 1 month waiting to see if it goes to customs or if is delivered to me. Already filled a formal complaint for the delay, but now i worry that the Portuguese post company will say the package is lost. 

• Like 1