What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Davo Dentetsu

Collected another parcel today, this time from MTP:

It's a SSHHHIIII day today. It's all about the SHI

SHI stands for SHImakaze!

SHI stands for SHIrasagi!

Yah!

And a couple of corner buildings from Tomytec pre-ordered, for the junctions, sound box for more fun operation, some couplers to close those hideous gaps and a platform to extend my platform further to 9 cars.

Merry Christmas!

I used a SHI word when I saw this post, but I'm not allowed to repeat my exclamation of wonder again.  I thought I went mad with the bank card... :O

Well I finally took the plunge!! I've wanted one of the big r/c godzillas (20" tall) for a long long long time. Long ago at $250 or so they seemed extravagant on ebay, but then the price crept up and up and the condition of most coming up was not great and going over $500 many times. My folks had given me some birthday money to get something I usually would not buy and this came to mind and I found one for under $500 in great shape at the same time! I guess it was meant to be! Now I'll have to work on the real buildings getting crushed for the club layout! It's going to be fun surprising spectators with goji moving and roaring remotely (currently a slightly smaller goji on the layout only roars from a Bluetooth speaker and does not move).

Cheers

Jeff

post-24-0-43959000-1419364849_thumb.jpg

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 2

JR 500, when will the day come when you have so many trains they don't fit in your house any more?

Haha ~ My collection is still way small than some of our brothers here (looks at Doug and Erick), so I guess they'll still fit in the house if the other brothers can manage to squeeze their massive collection into theirs! But to be frank my roster did see an increasing of rolling stock by almost 20% in the past month...

I used a SHI word when I saw this post, but I'm not allowed to repeat my exclamation of wonder again.  I thought I went mad with the bank card... :o

LOL!

I guess I know what SHI word you used ~ Cause I used those in excessive amounts when I saw the credit card bill!  :violent4:

Santa has been very good and early by giving the postie my recent order of the KATO 2015 catalogue as well the TOMIX Catalogue and parts listing. So now I can look up at items that may be an interest to buy for 2015.

Merry Christmas to all.   

Jeff, that's great that you've got the Goji you always wanted. Now you'll be happy as a dog with two....appendages! :)

All the best for Xmas and the New Year.

Mark.

Davo Dentetsu

LOL!

I guess I know what SHI word you used ~ Cause I used those in excessive amounts when I saw the credit card bill!  :violent4:

Location is more accurate if you set it to "Sillypoor"  :P

Hi guys, it's been a while after more than a year with much grey hair due to issues at work. However, now that Christmas is almost there, I felt like I should treat me to some new Japanese N scale to soothe raw nerves...

Currently or soon to be inbound:

Microace ED79

Kato Saikyo Line E233 and Hachiko Line 205 series

EF210 and container wagons

Tomix DE10

...and still thinking what else might fit my roster...

Cheers,

Dom

Haven't opened my presents yet but I'm fairly sure there's a Kato D51 in there with a rake of coal hoppers, plus a 6 car Tohoku Mail set and some Kato DioTown buildings. Hope I'm right and it's not a few packs of socks!!

Krackel Hopper

Haven't opened my presents yet but I'm fairly sure there's a Kato D51 in there with a rake of coal hoppers, plus a 6 car Tohoku Mail set and some Kato DioTown buildings. Hope I'm right and it's not a few packs of socks!!

The Kato D51 & Seki 3000 coal cars are beautiful! I love the mail cars too, but to prevent myself from overspending I have narrowed my focus to Hokkaido.. congrats! If it does turn out to be socks, I hope they are Smartwool Socks.. best socks ever!

Krackel Hopper

Happy Holidays!

As usual, my wife has gone out of her way to get me something near impossible to find..

post-180-0-90284400-1419532954_thumb.jpg

Fantastic!

Due to a recent thread on here I discovered that the middle (Barbecue car) of the Barbecue Train is sometimes run with my new Norokko Go lavender train!

• Like 4

You should marry h... oh

Yap but Krackel Hopper beat me to it.....

By the way, how did she managed to find this? On Yahoo it's like going for a hand and a leg...

Since I couldn't justify another Japanese passenger set pulled by a steam locomotive (I'm suppose to be strictly modeling a modern cityscape), I decided against purchasing the wonderful J.R. Coaches Series 12 `Ban-etsu Monogatari` (Stoat Illustrated Observation Car) (7-Car Set), but I DID console myself by purchasing the beautiful Series Kiha283 `Super Ozora` (Basic 6-Car Set) by Kato.  :-)

Since I couldn't justify another Japanese passenger set pulled by a steam locomotive (I'm suppose to be strictly modeling a modern cityscape), I decided against purchasing the wonderful J.R. Coaches Series 12 `Ban-etsu Monogatari` (Stoat Illustrated Observation Car) (7-Car Set), but I DID console myself by purchasing the beautiful Series Kiha283 `Super Ozora` (Basic 6-Car Set) by Kato.  :-)

The Banetsu Monogatari is a perfectly modern consist; in fact the Tomix set just released is the formation that commenced running from April 2014.

• Like 2

The TOMIX J.R. Coaches Series 12 Ban-etsu Monogatari looks very nice, even though the series colour scheme changes a lot. But it is one of the trains that I have on my shopping list to pick up. As I have two different versions from KATO it is nice to get a TOMIX version and with the observation car.

• Like 1

7008-8 three light DD51 and a 2018-1 Tohoku region D51.  If you model 60's/70's JNR you can't have too many DD51's or D51's.

NuclearErick

i already have the complete sets and this is kinda unnecessary i guess :dontknow:

most it is junk which i got in the Ponpondetta, HobbyPochi and Yahoo Auctions

post-866-0-08853800-1420197287_thumb.jpg

Edited by NuclearErick
  • Like 1

EH200 duly delivered by now. Can't really have too many of these either, I say!

Microace ED79 most likely next, Hachiko Line 205 and Saikyo Line E233 still in customs. Looks like a depot pickup next week as I'll most likely be at work when the delivery chap will stop by...

For Christmas, I got a Kato Yamanote line E231 basic set plus add-on set A from my wife :)

Now I can run my local lines like real local lines, with my Joban and Yamanote trains. She also told me that there are two stations where the trains meet, so it's not even a total fantasy layout.

Tomorrow I'll be buying a Kato V3 yard track set to be able to display all my trains, now that I finally have enough to do that. Just gotta figure out a way to run my shinkansens down from their viaduct into the yard...

Claude_Dreyfus

EH200 duly delivered by now. Can't really have too many of these either, I say!

Quite agree... EH200s are fantastic locos; almost as good as EF64s, DD51s and ED62s!  ;) 

I just ordered my first NEW Japanese train. The "Super Komatchi" 3 car set. I will probably add on the 4 car set later. I don't need it now as I don't have any track laid nor even any layout built.

Just needed that "New Train Fix".

Gerry

• Like 1