What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

The TOMIX SL Banetsu Monogatari Observation Train set (with C57-180) looks amazing and I was almost poisoned to get it too.. Would love to see some pictures too!

HHhmmm let me guess, 8-car shinkansen pre-orders.... 500 series Kansengar, 700-7000 Railstar, Kato E3-700 Toreiyu Tsubasa, Tomix E4 Max new colour...

Right?  :)

Close.  The 500 and 700 shinkansen yes.  The JRE Shinkansens don't interest me too much.  JRE commuters do.  Also got D51 498 and Series 12 cars, Koki 107 and Koki 200 coming.

Davo Dentetsu

Azumanga Davo- would be interested to find out your thoughts on the bullfrog snot once you have used it.

Had it arrived before the traction tyres, it most certainly would have got used already.  But... now it waits.

The packaging is described as "unique". :P

My collection grew exponentially since discovering Model Train Plus and received from Santa:

Kato 10-877 Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line Series 16000

Kato 10-1205 Series 223-6000 

Kato 10-1197 Series 211-3000 Nagano Color

Tomix 98931 Series 115-2000 Minobu Line

Tomix 98932 Series 115-1000 Yokosuka Color

Tomix 98927 Type KIHA48-500 "Umineko"

Microace A8362 Keihan Series 800

Kato 3036-1 EF200

Kato 3065-3 EF 510 Hokutosei Livery

Thank you Mr. Nariichi Takayama for your wonderful service and great prices!

• Like 1

I'm in the process of putting a Tomix track cleaning train together. I just received my Tomix JR Freight EF510-500 in blue w/ gold stripe in the mail, which more or less matches my blue and yellow track cleaning car, and I've just ordered a second track cleaning car (this one the skeleton version) to go with it. I plan to use one car as a vacuum and the one behind it as a wet cleaner. These cars are surprisingly fun; it's a real work train on your track, shunting around and actually doing stuff.

I also ordered a Tomix large office building, some bicycles, some people, and some random electrical stuff.

I'm rather envious of everyone posting in this thread recently.  I've put a hold on purchasing for a while as went a little crazy the second half of 2014.  I may spring for a Kato DD51-800 or -842 Imperial on Yahoo JP.  But that is all.  HAve alot of 8 car shinkansen pre-orders coming over then next few months also.

I think envy is turning into hate. :laughing3:

Martijn Meerts

I haven't ordered anything in months now.. Still have a pre-order going, but that's pretty much it .. I don't even feel the need to order new stuff at the moment, I may have successfully gotten rid of the addiction ;)

(Now that I've said that, watch IMON re-release their C11 kit ;))

And..

From a really strange source which I haven't been using for a while and first time trying at train sets, may I present new deliveries to my train yard, the 485 series Salon Train Hana and 485 series No Do Ka carpet train! Lovely train sets that I've been waiting for a chance to get and finally got them!

Thing is, this source is strange. In fact, the train sets come in white plain cardboard boxes, no fancy Microace box or jacket. I was thinking, I've been taken for a ride. They must be fake!

Then I opened them and to my surprise, they are authentic MA models! In their original foam in-fills and instructional slip with un-used decals! Boy am I happy to get them, and best of all, it didn't hurt too much!  :) 

* Apart from the 2 train sets also gotten a few Tomytec stuff in opened boxes, but still original Tomytec buildings/ humans/ vehicles...

post-819-0-83216400-1421321227_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-80992800-1421321233_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-82172900-1421321235_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-84329500-1421321237_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-89231900-1421321239_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-90925400-1421321241_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-87991400-1421321243_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-94581900-1421321245_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-00181100-1421321248_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-96901600-1421321249_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Birthday presents from Mrs. Squid (not the cutting mat).

post-1206-0-84872500-1421554090_thumb.jpg

Worryingly she discovered Hobbyland Pochi in Shinjuku all by herself.

• Like 1

I was correct, definitely the better half! Lucky man! Let her loose more often with the cc in hand! She has good taste, filling in the details!

Happy birthday BTW!

Cheers

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 1

Oh wow she actually got the NYK trailer for you, in a Kato crystal box! Amazing~~

Is it me or i'm just green with envy from partners buying train stuffs for you?  :)  Mine knows nuts about trains, in fact she wouldn't even know which are the ones I have and which I don't... All she does know is my favourite, the 500 series..

Happy birthday squid!

Edited by JR500 のぞみ

I was correct, definitely the better half! Lucky man! Let her loose more often with the cc in hand! She has good taste, filling in the details!

Certainly a keeper ;) First woman ever I've met who's fretted about the lack of cantenary, while on the upside - see post below.

Oh wow she actually got the NYK trailer for you, in a Kato crystal box! Amazing~~

Is that special somehow? I have no idea what NYK trailer is...

Is it me or i'm just green with envy from partners buying train stuffs for you?  :)  Mine knows nuts about trains, in fact she wouldn't even know which are the ones I have and which I don't... All she does know is my favourite, the 500 series..

Even better, mine a) knows nothing about trains (which is good, because plausible deniabilty and all that); b) is not likely to buy me an actual train (which would probably be something nasty and Shinanksen and bulbous), and c) has this bizarre obsession with gettng an automated level-crossing (we use to live just opposite one). I was slightly worried that she would start getting an idea for prices (potentially negating the "darling, this apparently new train you see was totally 2nd-hand junk" get-out clause), but apart from remarking on how expensive the Tomytec bus system is, I appear to have escaped. :blob3:  Anyway she's esconced in hospital awaiting the egress of a future train fan now.

Congrats! We'll be having a new Train fan very soon!  :)

I have to agree with you squid, letting in on the train sets will let the Mrs know exactly the pricing on each set, which is, in a way, not good... She'll be all over me if she knows exactly how much I'm spending each month on my hobby....

Squid, baby cephalopod about to arrive?!

We have a tracking number for the stork but looks like the delivery will take a while.

Fortuitously there's a model shop within easy walking distance of the hospital should I need some creative distraction ;)

Congrats! We'll be having a new Train fan very soon!  :)

I have to agree with you squid, letting in on the train sets will let the Mrs know exactly the pricing on each set, which is, in a way, not good... She'll be all over me if she knows exactly how much I'm spending each month on my hobby....

Anyway most of my trains are "officially" 2nd-hand (well, a lot of them are too). Still, I wonder how long it will take her to detect the 60% expansion in layout size planned during her absence.

lol, would Mrs. Squid's sense of humor accomodate this statement?  :) :) :)

Why yes. I managed to reassure her that there was no chance of a caesarian as I'd forgotten to bring the scissors.

Anyway, this is what turned up in the post.

post-1206-0-31672900-1421760261_thumb.jpg

• Like 8