What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

It's been a bit like Christmas in my house today, 2 large parcels arrived from HS and MTP.

From HS

Tomix Series 300 - 16 car (92869, 92870 & 92871)

4 Tomix Koki 104 container wagons

Kato EF200 - New paint plus various assembly parts

From MTP, many thanks to Nariichi-san

Kato 10-844 / 845 E217 add-on sets, this now gives me the 11 car consist, I'll have to wait for the

attached formation.

Kato 10-1228 Kashima Rinkai Railway Series 6000, this is my first DMU

Kato 11-705 / 706 couplers

The best part of it all was that on both packages I managed to save nearly £70 on customs charges.

Dave

• Like 1
The Next Station Is...

I've also got the recently released Tomix 300-0 series. It's a nice model but does anyone else have issues with the bogies 'sticking' and wheels floating above the rail as a result?

That Sotetsu train's front is so ugly that it looks good. It's certainly based on an E233 but there's something off...

• Like 1

Sōtetsu is one of those railways nearby I really want to like, but I really can't get to motivate myself to buy a few models of them.

Maybe I just want to wait until the Sōtetsu - Tōkyū - JR East connection is finished and the new trains for interconnecting services start to run... Sōtetsu is now just one of those last hermit networks that share no connection (except the former freight service to the Yamato military base) with other railway companies.

The rolling stock of Sōtetsu is however very interesting and nice to look at though. The seats are however too low and make my legs hurt  :sad1:

• Like 1
Mudkip Orange

Ordered a bunch of track from Hattons... when it showed up the package mysteriously included a Routemaster and a couple of old Jags.

You can't explain that.

post-127-0-79174400-1405708190_thumb.jpg

just got small package with

KATO 10-809 6-Car Freight Train Set
KATO 23-478 Hobby Shop Building
KATO 23-403A DioTown House

Claude_Dreyfus

Ordered a bunch of track from Hattons... when it showed up the package mysteriously included a Routemaster and a couple of old Jags.

You can't explain that.

Ooh. A free gift! I'm guessing these were included in your order in error.

Been a while since I posted an update, Brought myself a KATO DD16 304 snow plough train to compete against the TOMIX DE15 snow plough train.

Been notified that the dely of the 100 series Shinkansen from KATO until late August, well there goes the plans of running it for the main Model Train event in Melbourne, Victoria (AMRA - Australian Model Railway Assoication Caulfield Exhibition)

• Like 1

Huge order coming in from MTP soon, comprising of Tobu Spacia 1000 Miyabi colour, Johan line add-on sets, Hayabusa E5 starter set and the recently released Tomix E233-6000 Yokohama line, by far my favourite E233. It's got something with the colour banding, the lighted train number signboard and the 'yokohama' logo at the sides that's really getting to me. I needed an E233 anyway so...

That roughly completes my targeted Shinkansen schedule - just missing an E6 and E7 (tomix) for now, and perhaps a lovely 500-7000 to replace the older 500 series I have that's missing the power couplers. And of course, the East-I which is SUPER hard to get now.

That also roughly completes my targeted commuter schedule for now, concentrating on the East - 201, 209-0, 209-500, 231-0, 231-500, 231-1000 and 233-6000.

Hopefully that will bring down the spending a little.  :)  But oh so sweet Tomix has to come out with the Shimakaze that's so hard to resist....   :sad1:

Not really new or whatever, but they're back. Just perfectly in time for my initial membership phase at the Japanese T-Trak Network.

post-188-0-17838200-1406185736_thumb.jpg

Four Enoden trains, of which two will get a new bodyshell, since I ruined them. I'll probably kitbash something crazy out of my GreenMax leftovers. Four Meitetsu trams and a Gakunan Red Frog 5000 type. All old, dirty and worthy candidates for rebuilds and repaints. I probably need to clean the wheels and so on to get them running properly again... Projects for autumn/winter methinks.

You can't explain that.

Hello Mr Mudkip Orange,

Best return the items to Hatton's, or at least contact them with regard to this.  It would be unfair to have another customer or Hatton's out of pocket for the mistake.  On the other hand, you've probably paid for the shipping.  Perhaps Hatton's might come to an arrangement.

If it were me, I could not sleep until the matter was resolved.

I have a parcel from MTP in the air right now - an ARU Randen work motor and some Etsumihoku stock. 

Mudkip Orange

Ooh. A free gift!

Best return the items to Hatton's

This was an attempt at humor. I ordered (and paid for) the vehicles, despite having no possible means of explaining what a London bus is doing on a Japanese-prototype layout.

Claude_Dreyfus

This was an attempt at humor. I ordered (and paid for) the vehicles, despite having no possible means of explaining what a London bus is doing on a Japanese-prototype layout.

Oops...missed that!

Probably because this has actually happened to me on more than one occasion. Usual MO involves an email or phone call, where upon I am told to keep hold of them as it is not worth the postage in getting them returned.

P.S. I should also add that my post was intended as a bit of fun; I don't advocate pinching stuff!

Edited by Claude_Dreyfus
Claude_Dreyfus

...despite having no possible means of explaining what a London bus is doing on a Japanese-prototype layout.

Prototype for everything... This is a Routemaster bus serving as a cafe in Nagano

post-109-0-73288200-1406237073_thumb.jpg

• Like 2