What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

im still learning using them
i choose the shinkansen ones hoping for faster service on the food line XD

Edited by NEX-989
  • Like 2

Ordered from 2 different retailers:-

1x Tomix 18D containers 3pk

1x Tomix 30A containers (old blue colour) 2pk

2x Tomix Hoki 800 2 car sets

1x Kato S248 4pk

1x Kato R718-15 4pk

1x S64 2pk

1x EP718-15L

1x EP718-15R

Guest keio6000

Good news - I have been informed that my missing Kato Narita Express E259 and Odakyu 9000 set have been delivered!    At least, this is the news I got from the seller who investigated the missing pacel.  however, i had the parcel sent to my place overseas where reliable family members sign for it so I'm not 100% sure it's arrived (long story short, I had them sent to Ukraine where the post is not always 100% reliable, even if their electornic system now has been updated to read 'item delivered and signed for by final addressee'), but it's a positive development.

413mFqSNiOL._SX300_.jpg

2592.jpg

Now that I have completed my "regular" RomanceCar collection now that Nariichi-san of modeltrainsplus has been kind enough to 'personal shop' and send me an EXE, my Odakyu collection is up to date..  kind of.  I haven't made my mind up about the 60000 and for the love of God of course we need somebody - anybody - who is not greenmax to finally release an Odakyu 1000.  However, this is such a major omission that one suspects it is on MicroAce's to do list once they get their manufacturing issues sorted.

300px-Odakyu1000.jpg

In other news, I had a chance to go to Tokyo in 2 weeks that now appears to be off.  Pity :(.   Would have probably been my last chance to ride my beloved E351 super azusa one last time (right?  will they all be gone after march or whevnever it is?).  Maybe I can still convince the wife to left me go, but the real issue is that she can't go and for once I'd prefer to go with her :).

86148597.jpg

Edited by keio6000

Good to hear that Keio6000!

My EXE is coming soon too from MTP. It's a really unique train with its colours.

Now that's a nice photo of the E351! Never see much of it from this end of its face, always the bubble headed end...

• Like 1

A Kato 0-kei 50th anniversary set (ordered at 4:30pm and arrived at 11am the next day). That's doubled my collection and also means I have literally just enough track to put it on. Mind you that's way more than I had before the weekend, so early days.

post-1206-0-08505100-1407935401_thumb.jpg

post-1206-0-86278400-1407935410_thumb.jpg

BTW, having got enough track for the Shinkansen to build up a bit of speed, I noticed the front headlights come on too :).

Downside: there is no team of cleaners waiting at the terminus to jump on board, clean and most importantly turn the seats around.

Let's send Kato an email to see if they can incorporate automated seat turning! :grin

isn't it easier just to pull the shell off and rotate it 180 degrees. :laughing1:

I thought the Kato models were just like Queensland Rail's full size Tilt Trains, fixed seats and you turn the whole train at the end of each run.

My dad just came back from Canada and while he was there for 2 months, I found a canadian ebay seller selling these 3 kato buildings for $35. I dont know if they're complete or not but for sure there are no decals.

The seller even sent 2 kato feeder tracks as freebies.

post-1282-0-25467900-1408251822_thumb.jpg

I also got this dual controller via ebay.us and had the seller ship it to my my bro's place in Canada

post-1282-0-81974200-1408251836_thumb.jpg

Blue train came from Nariichi-san of MTP a few days back.

post-1282-0-61842600-1408251850_thumb.jpg

Mardon

Those buildings are nice and captured at a good deal, but you need decals to make them look nicer! Now you need a loco for that blue train!  :)

The Next Station Is...

post-940-14082589192405_thumb.jpg

Some bits and pieces from Nariichi-san of ModelTrainPlus. I love how carefully packed everything was for shipping!

What are those grey thingies in the transparent boxes in the upper left?

I was wondering too, my guess is Tsugawa made fences? Tsugawa items often come in those mini plastic hard cases...

Those buildings are nice and captured at a good deal, but you need decals to make them look nicer! Now you need a loco for that blue train!  :)

I'll ask Nariichi-san of MTP if he could find me the specific decals, but the chances are probably low. The blue cars will be pulled by my EF31 which I got from Loco1 last year.

Mardon

The Next Station Is...

I was wondering too, my guess is Tsugawa made fences? Tsugawa items often come in those mini plastic hard cases...

You got it right - they will form the fencing for my 'micro-brewery' module. They're my first Tsugawa items and I was intrigued by the hard case, as they weren't that expensive.

My wife told me off for abusing the poor Shinkansen buffet car as a freight locomotive so help has arrived.

A nice enough little loco, albeit a bit lacking in oomph compared to the buffet car (mind you it's not much bigger than my middle finger).

post-1206-0-52193200-1408361832_thumb.jpg

However the couplings and end railings come off really easily and reduce themselves to individual parts, as I found out when taking a closer look to work out where to attach the number plates.

Edited by railsquid
lurkingknight

yokohama e233-6000 just arrived... and a back ordered keihin tohoku set.... Now if I only had a setup to run all 4 of my e23xs... lol.

Missing a few more to make the whole set... :P

post-1470-0-05361700-1408500967_thumb.jpg

yokohama e233-6000 just arrived... and a back ordered keihin tohoku set.... Now if I only had a setup to run all 4 of my e23xs... lol.

Missing a few more to make the whole set... :P

Oh nice! The E233-6000 Yokohama Line is my favourite E233, if not my favourite commuter train now ~ Fresh colours are very cool looking.

Heavy supporter of Kato I presume?  :)

Getting the E233 Keiyo line to go along? That one is a tough catch now.

Mine are all Tomix, only my E231-500 Yamanote is Kato ~~  :P

The Kato DE10 from the other day, which is now in need of slight repair as I damaged the metal springy bits when trying to re-mount the couplings which fell off without much prompting (together with the end railings) was less powerful than I expected. It's actually a nice little low-speed runner with a "growly" sound and runs quite smoothly on the level, but fails utterly at my Incline of Death with any kind of load so I went for something larger just in case, and ended up with this Tomix DD51 which was not only cheaper than the Kato version but has plenty of power. And the headlights light up.

post-1206-0-84865000-1408532561_thumb.jpg

I also grabbed another Kokuden set because it was cheap and cheerful and WANT.

lurkingknight

have to stop for the time being, need to patch all the holes in my pockets and wallet for another japan trip and a car. The next one I get will probably be sobu/tokaido/joban cause I don't have any with the double decker cars.

Oh nice! The E233-6000 Yokohama Line is my favourite E233, if not my favourite commuter train now ~ Fresh colours are very cool looking.

Heavy supporter of Kato I presume?  :)

Getting the E233 Keiyo line to go along? That one is a tough catch now.

Mine are all Tomix, only my E231-500 Yamanote is Kato ~~  :P