What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

My dear friendly postie, has delivered to me, my TOMIX Limited Edition Sleeping Cars Akebono (last run March 14 2014), KATO EF510-500 Hokutosei Locomotive and KATO 100 series Shinkansen "Grand Hikari" 2 car add-on (it's the 2nd one so now I have a full consist of the 100 series "Grand Hikari" Shinkansen.

Guest keio6000

I have a small collection of foreign types to supplement my main japanese collection.  I just recently added to this by picking up rakes of both phase III and phase VI amfleet single-level amtrak cars.  I already have a GE loco for the phase VI cars (i think its correct.. some of the nuances there are a bit beyond me as the schemes are similar) and will try to find a cheap kato F40PH to drag the phase III coaches around.  Along with the bachmann acela that I got recently (not as bad as i might have thought) that will likely complete my modern USA / northeast corridor interests (not too interested in US stuff outside of the northeast area).

Guest keio6000

My dear friendly postie, has delivered to me, my TOMIX Limited Edition Sleeping Cars Akebono (last run March 14 2014), KATO EF510-500 Hokutosei Locomotive and KATO 100 series Shinkansen "Grand Hikari" 2 car add-on (it's the 2nd one so now I have a full consist of the 100 series "Grand Hikari" Shinkansen.

Nice!  modeltrainsplus has the akebono set for others who may be interested.   the special tomix boxed blue train sets seem to be of exceptional finish.

http://www.modeltrainplus.net/products/tomix-98928-jr-limited-express-sleeping-cars-series-24-akebono-last-run-sayonara-set

I dont know if this counts, but a friend gave me a Bandai Star Train at my ECOH.

Looks pretty cool, this is my first static model of a train.  :)

Seems durable enough to keep on top my desk's hutch without having to worry about it getting knocked down by text books or clogged by dust bunnies.  :sleepy5:

Hmmm I can't show any pictures, tells me "No file selected for upload" even though they were uploaded...

Edited by Sohan24
Mudkip Orange

Keihan 800 and PREMIUM EXPRESS SHIMAKAZE pre-ordered from Ms. Motoko.

Fujikyu "FUJI TOZANDENSHA" on its way from HS. I'm a sucker for these new trains painted in old colors.

Hopefully someone will release non-Btrain version of these Kintetsu and Hisatsu Orange trains.

An investment in the unborn kiddy's future education - a Plarail set with a Tokyo Toden unit and a layout map showing various Tokyo sights.

post-1206-0-05172900-1410664247_thumb.jpg

To keep me occupied in the meantime, a Kato 485-300 (Kato model no. 10-391) for 8,000 yen from the Hobbyland Pochi sale. It's an old model dating from 2003 and no longer in production, but seems to be pretty much in mint condition except that it's had close-couplings added. It even smells new, and is the first thing I've bought which comes in one of those "book cover"-style of case which I'm quite chuffed about. Also a box of 4 blue train coaches similarly in as-new condition for 2000 yen.

post-1206-0-00865100-1410664256_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I went out to TamTam very quickly last weekend to pick up some base materials for my T-Trak project. A few Kato tracks (S124 and S62F) and a few packs of light DIN-A4 size styrofoam sheets (5mm thick) as the basis for the module. It'll be ultra light. I'm contemplating on getting two simple bridges as well to make an overpass, as I'd like to show off some more rolling stock when the module is a static standalone.

• Like 1
Guest keio6000

yay - 9 months after i first got them on yahoo jp, i can confirm that my microace odakyu 9000 and kato e259 nex are with me safely in ukraine. the long delay was caused by:

1.  a delay between me ordering them and they arriving at the yahoo reshippers address

2.  me waiting a while before shipping the items from japan.

3.  the fact that the items were sent (via ems) to my address in ukraine, where there is instability

4.  the fact that this is my first ttrip to ukraine for a while

but here they are, safe and sound.

413mFqSNiOL._SX300_.jpg

the odakyu 9000 is a typical MA effort. very decent for what it isl  i bought one one yahoo with the destination stickers alreayd attached.  ths is often a smart purchase as basically..

1. the price will be cheaper as japanese dont like this.

2. if the stickers were competently installed, then, well great.

3. if the stickers were not competently installed, as they were in this case, you can always remoe them safely as the adjesive is like rubber cement and comes off cleanly. 

the only downside is if the stickers chosen were the ones that you would have used, and thus no longer available in the sheet.  for the odakyu 9000 this is the case, but since this is tertiary in my collection, its not a huge deal.

i see third parties now selling destination stikcers in the JPY 2000 range.  i hope for that price they come pre-cut.  the idea that they're not pre cut now is a bit of a farce.

the kato next is beautiful. i havent really played with the somewhat complex coupling mechanism, but the kato quality just oozes from this one.  kato pre-set the destination signs, which of course means that they are fixed, but the upside it looks better than even the most well done of the sticker installations.

ngage341.jpg 

1281878952.jpg

• Like 2

The postman delivered a yummy parcel from MTP yesterday, via e-packet. Loving this option more and more as it is cheaper than EMS, trackable, and seems faster than SAL.

Nothing fanciful, just lotsa Tomytec items like the Tama and Ichigo trains, the Keihan Tetsudo-Mesume train and their motorization parts, together with Bus Collection 19 and case and some small stuffs.

post-819-0-05980900-1410939221_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-54191000-1410939227_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-22499400-1410939233_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-13380900-1410939239_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-71799000-1410939245_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-48073500-1410939252_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-71160800-1410939254_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-02605600-1410939257_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-89897700-1410939258_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yes its super fun, being a stamp collector since I was a little kid, it's always such a joy to see the front of the package plastered with all sorts of interesting stamps and not just the Japan post ink stamp! Adds a different fun element to getting a train parcel in the mailbox!

Jeff

• Like 1

As mentioned here, my new Tomix 100系 Shinkansen in the JR "revival" colours. And a "Large Office Building" second hand at around half the price of a new one (package was slightly damaged but it looks unused and the stickers are all there), which should help provide some urban density.

post-1206-0-07296900-1411049818_thumb.jpg

Edited by railsquid

Speaking of 100, I got a used KATO Series 100 Grand Hikari from Ebay with a TCS M-1 decoder soldered in the motor car, and a few track bumpers in the mail yesterday.

Loving the bi-levels!  :)

post-2207-0-33057700-1411109898_thumb.jpg

post-2207-0-06615700-1411109928_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sohan24
  • Like 1

Today I went out for a march of a few hours and went to TamTam on the way back. There I was looking for an unpainted kit of a Tōbu 8000 series, but there were only expensive pre-painted ones. Since the train would be modded anyway, I then opted for something very unusual. A Seibu new 2000 series kit. Next to that a few cans of GM spray paints (broken white no.3, light blue and green) to paint the model as I have now planned: http://fav.me/d7zpeni

Work on the 3D part of my exhibition can slowly commence.

Out of curiosity, why don't you like Seibu?

Seibu is too boring for me. They don't really run any interesting trains and have an unnecessarily complicated network because of their split company structure.

I picked up the Tomytec `Showa Building A` yesterday. I am trying to get some more 6-8 floor buildings for the downtown part of my layout and I`m running out of options.  There are 3 buildings Tomytec released in this 6-floor series, but one of them - the red brick one - just looks completely out of place in a Japanese layout, but I now have the other two. 

This one is OK, but not great.  The windows aren`t actualy windows except on the ground floor, they are just painted black. The advertising billboard also is an awkward fit, it seems to have been poorly designed as no matter how you place it part of the building itself obscures it. 

Still, it serves its purpose of existing as a plausible 6 floor office building in my layout so I am satisfied.  I`m not sure why they call it *Showa building A* as it looks like it could easily have been built in the Heisei era.

P1150720.jpg

Edited by Sean
  • Like 1

The blue one is one of the Green Max 5 Story office buildings from this set here:

http://www.greenmax.co.jp/image/image_catalog_view/gm46-6view.jpg

Blue was not the recommended color scheme but I decided to be daring.

And thanks for the link, those new Tomytec buildings look great.  Well, except that I see once again they have insisted on putting a red brick building which looks nothing at all like something you would find in Japan in the release.  The other two though are as good as in my layout the second they hit stores!

Also, I never knew Yodobashi sold model railroad stuff.  I`ll have to check them out.

Edited by Sean
  • Like 1