And so it begins...

railsquid

Yes, I think it would be physically very difficult to wire up all three lights on the beam. I think what they've done here is run two strands of uncovered wire up the outside of the pole and paint them over. Any more would be tricky to manage, I suppose it might be doable with a custom moulding / production process but I don't think that would be cheap.

I think I'll need to paint the non-lit lamp sections a very dark grey (which is how they look in real life, I just checked :) ), and maybe add another resistor as I don't think the lamps should actually be providing illumination...

Yeah but it's the fitting three wired smd LEDs right next to one another that is also the challenge. But realizing the oddness of having the stopped traffic at a green light and the moving traffic at a red light is just wrong for the mind's eye outside of the post apocalyptic feel!

Jeff

Traffic lights still on red, but night-time driving conditions much improved by the addition of street lamps. Some vertical adjustment still required.

gallery_1206_165_122474.jpg

• Like 5

That reminds me, I couldn't find any space for a koban... If you need one, pretend it's a little way down the street on the left.

The crossing, in daylight this time. Still some perpendicularity issues to address, including amongst the local populace. Anyway, now I've installed the lighting, I've been able to properly fix the road in place, which means I can start adding miscellaneous pavement detail.

gallery_1206_165_36833.jpg

• Like 6

I just wanna say it looks great! How do you handle all these with baby squid at a corner?  :)

By the way, I do hope that traffic lights are of a different circuitry from the street lamps, cause we do want those lights to be working even in daylight ~  :)

• Like 1

I just wanna say it looks great! How do you handle all these with baby squid at a corner?  :)

Bless him, he sleeps from about 8pm all through the night most nights :D A little bit of work here, a little bit there... The problem is, as he sleeps in the next room, my opportunities to do anything noisy involving drilling etc. are somewhat limited.

By the way, I do hope that traffic lights are of a different circuitry from the street lamps, cause we do want those lights to be working even in daylight ~  :)

Not right now, but they will be. I already have an on-off switch on the control panel to control the lights, just need to wire that up for the lighting circuits only.

That reminds me, I couldn't find any space for a koban... If you need one, pretend it's a little way down the street on the left.

But wait... an emergency sitting of the town council has been considering this as a matter of priority, and it was suggested the space between the station building and the embankment, currently used for storing discarded bicycles, would be just right for a small koban, to be staffed by day

gallery_1206_165_48915.jpg

and by night.

gallery_1206_165_51716.jpg

Accessibility issues stemming from the 12-inch step will be addressed as soon as the contractor can be dragged out of the pachinko parlour.

• Like 1

He's off in the loo at the moment, just make a tiny sign to put on the counter, Be right back!

That way if anybody notices the lack of a clerk you can smugly reply they did not look close enough!

Jeff

Edited by cteno4

I see new tenants have moved into the houses on the hill there, weren't they just up for sale?

One has sold, by the looks of it.

Quite a modern fuel truck.  Though you might have gone for the Nisseki truck instead?

My knowledge of fuel trucks makes me look like an expert on buses...

To be honest, in Japan you sometimes never know what year it really is, unless there are people on the street looking at their phones all the time.

Indeed.

It's be fairly easy to transition the layout pretty to any time during the Heisei era, probably late Showa too, mainly by adjusting stock and vehicles. The houses on the slope are the only obvious relatively recent buildings, but the whole slope is detachable, if so inclined (hah ;) ) I could create a replacement piece of wooded hillside showing its pre-development condition.

My knowledge of fuel trucks makes me look like an expert on buses...

Did someone mentioned buses?  :P

The layout is really neat... Look very lively and a great place to stay!

• Like 2