And so it begins...

railsquid

Yes, I can safely say that buses generally come in either long or short wheel bases, and look kind of new or kind of old, and have many different liveries :P

I must admit, photographed from the right angle, I can almost imagine walking into the scene.

• Like 2
JR 500系

It often amazes me how you managed to work on your layout amidst being a father. Really salutes your timing organisation and passion, Squid san!  :)

railsquid

A couple of hours in the evenings mainly... At some point I'll need to negotiate some weekend time to do some strategic groundwork on the main layout part... Not much organisation, I just glom on to something I'm in the mood for. Which recently has been messing about with LEDs. Also I just noticed the police box isn't really visible from normal viewing angles, which renders the lighting somewhat pointless...

railsquid

Hmm, this is almost 4 months old:

gallery_1206_165_148025.jpg

I'll try and take a new one when it's lighter, there have been quite a few detail improvements.

• Like 4
valkyriepm

Wow! This is looking so great! Love to see the progress pictures and discover every detail added. Congratulations.

Martin

• Like 1
railsquid

*blushes modestly*

Slightly blurry street shot for purposes of identifying verticality issues and detail to add.

gallery_1206_165_155790.jpg

• Like 6
railsquid

Definitely needs more clutter.

Meanwhile the Safety Elves were complaining about the unfenced gap between the pavement and the retaining wall, so the local authority has been active. Also, an ostensible tourist has turned up and is being eyed by the duty police officer.

gallery_1206_165_176542.jpg

On my long to-do list is to reduce the impact of that retaining wall, which is a temporary better-than-nothing measure, probably by gradually reducing the height.

• Like 2
railsquid

The vending machine is from the Tomytec 自販機 set, which I decided is more useful as a source of parts than a stand-alone structure :D

The railing comes from a job lot of what I think are unpainted Tomix station platform accessory parts, found them dirt cheap somewhere.

• Like 1

A while back I posted this photo, which shows the street on the far side of the crossing plunging into Stygian darkness.

med_gallery_1206_165_122474.jpg

But fear not, the town authorities found some spare yen tucked down the back of the sofa and have installed more lighting:

gallery_1206_165_48655.jpg

Enough even for railway staff working at the small stabling point to see by.

gallery_1206_165_126159.jpg

• Like 9

Play some ool

Definitely gonna try to use this one this week :grin

Play some old Styx albums in the dark!

Nice work squid! Have all the houses on the hill sold?

Jeff

Evidently not yet, or at least not occupied, as electricity hasn't been hooked up yet.

Meanwhile... Watch out Mr. Railwayman! There's something behind youuuuuuu....

gallery_1206_166_77344.jpg

• Like 6

Just another day at the convenience store...

gallery_1206_165_160567.jpg

Somehow I don't think an enquiry is being made about the onsen trip advertised on the poster.

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 9

That's really fun! And the delivery truck is still there? Your police are not doing their job well ~  :P

Perhaps the penguin is waiting for the delivery man with his load of salmons ?  :P

• Like 1

Hmm, what to do with this rather tiny, slightly melted led?

gallery_1206_166_40159.jpg

Yes, light up a front door.

gallery_1206_165_145769.jpg

• Like 5

Ooh, very nice idea! Next step, more interior lights? *tip: plaster the interiors with aluminium tape*

• Like 1