And so it begins...

railsquid

JR500, I received an email from Hobby Search this morning that the six Kobaru road marking sheets that I pre-ordered are now available. Check out the photos on the HS website, these sheets look really nice.

JR500, I received an email from Hobby Search this morning that the six Kobaru road marking sheets that I pre-ordered are now available. Check out the photos on the HS website, these sheets look really nice.

Hi Enodenlover! Yap I saw the photos and am glad to already reserved the maximum allowable limit for those sheets! They really look nice, especially the one with the arrows and diversion markings. Very important for road making!

And here's a train driver's eye video showing how much still needs to be done...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-J0luC0e7w&

I really need to fix the backscene...

That's really nice! I'm really liking your layout! Whats the camera you used on the train, can I ask?

A "U Disk" USB camera, it's just about small enough to mount on an N-gauge flat wagon.

Meanwhile I've just ordered a set of those Kobaru markings from Yodobashi Camera while they're still available, as an added bonus I found I had some points in my Yodobashi online account :D.

A "U Disk" USB camera, it's just about small enough to mount on an N-gauge flat wagon.

Meanwhile I've just ordered a set of those Kobaru markings from Yodobashi Camera while they're still available, as an added bonus I found I had some points in my Yodobashi online account :D.

Interesting... Unfortunately I do not have a flat wagon ~ :P

And not going to start there!  :)

Yodobasi! One of my favourite, if not my favourite place to shop for trains while I was in Japan! Great prices, good service, and a SUPER large store to walk and look-see even at other toys... Missing Yodabashi Umeda and Yodobashi Hakata again... Can still remember the chine of the music that repeats itself in Yodobashi in my head....

Interesting... Unfortunately I do not have a flat wagon ~ :P

And not going to start there!  :)

A koki with a couple of containers removed does the trick too ;)

Yodobasi! One of my favourite, if not my favourite place to shop for trains while I was in Japan! Great prices, good service, and a SUPER large store to walk and look-see even at other toys... Missing Yodabashi Umeda and Yodobashi Hakata again... Can still remember the chine of the music that repeats itself in Yodobashi in my head....

These days I never go in there without my iPod ;). Excellent online ordering process with free domestic postage, this lot is scheduled to arrive tomorrow lunchtime. (And if I was really desperate, I could order online and pick it up at the Akihabara store literally any hour of the day or night...)

A koki with a couple of containers removed does the trick too ;)

Unfortunately or fortunately I do not have any freight except my EF-66 ~~  :P

The crossing is looking great! Somehow the Railbus looks much smaller than the 西武バス...

Speaking of which, that bus you have is rather rare... Coming from Bus Collection 16...

184.jpg  

Apart from collection 1-8 which are getting harder and harder to find as they are very 'old', 16 seems to be a really elusive one...

• Like 1

Really? There were two in the shop; I got one because they run in our area. Damn, that's 3 buses I have now (!).

Edit: it's a different, more modern bus than the one in your photo (same livery - Seibu). Says collection 11 on the box.

Edited by railsquid

Modelling mojo went pretty much AWOL in December for a number of reasons. Anyway this emergency rescue ladder looked just the right thing to occupy the unused space betwen station building and track fencing.

rescure-ladder-1.jpg

rescure-ladder-2.jpg

Just need something to block off the road end of the gap to stop fare dodgers sneaking through ;)

• Like 4

Meanwhile the location of the station bus stop had been made completely unambiguous with the aid of some TGW transfers.

med_gallery_1206_165_163236.jpg

So where's the bus turntable?  It's not turning around in that space without one!

Meanwhile the location of the station bus stop had been made completely unambiguous with the aid of some TGW transfers.

med_gallery_1206_165_163236.jpg

So where's the bus turntable?  It's not turning around in that space without one!

A short-wheelbase bus can manage a 3 or 5-point turn there, just about, with the aid of an old spritely guy in uniform with a whistle and illuminated baton.

• Like 1

I think he looks more like the bus driver. A bit peeved because of the lack of a turntable. No power steering in his bus! Lol

After the spritely guy gets the taxi to move ;-)

Any other country I bet you'd have an irritated taxi driver, but in Japan I can well imagine this working just fine.

The detailing looks great.

*blushes* at this point I'm not doing much more than rearranging bits of mainly Tomytec kits...

But I finally got the nippers and primer spray out to have a crack at Mr. Babelony's 3D printed parts:

mirror-posts.jpg

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 4

I keep looking at the craft store for some little sequin that would be the perfect reflector for these, but so far no luck! I know I have seen it somewhere!

Jeff

I must say Toni's mirror posts are very convincing despite their small size. One of those quintessential Japanese objects you don't realise were missing until you install them.

Anyway, overview from the far end; lots of stuff still to do, especially the backscene, but slowly coming together:

gallery_1206_165_34864.jpg

Do please excuse the odd "foreign" locomotive.

Closer shot of the "town" end:

gallery_1206_165_148025.jpg

The ultimate plan is to have the running line curving off to the right to the "main" part of the layout, which will take a while to build.

For the record, this is what I started out with in May last year:

med_gallery_1206_165_126802.jpg

• Like 3