Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

Luckily nothing I want for once.

So you're not going to get another Dr. Yellow lol :P

For me, I don't know for the July release if there will be anything for me to get.

serotta1972

Thank you Kato for granting my wish for re-releasing the 383 and producing the 2100 Blue Train.  

I need to resist getting a second C12.

Then how are you going to double-head? :)

Cheers,

Mark.

Then how are you going to double-head? :)

Cheers,

Mark.

They do give you number plates to do four different locos, it would be a shame to waste them I suppose.

• Like 1

I caved in an ordered another C12 after watching my video of C12 62 on the Mooka Railway in 2012.

• Like 3

I grabbed both the 383 and 211 series... too good to resist... and too good to miss.... I do HOPE Kato also re-release the motor chassis part for the 383 series at the same time, so I can motorize the 4-car add-on set to run alone....

Claude_Dreyfus

The 383 is the glaring omission from my N gauge fleet of trains I used when I was last out in Japan, and has been on the hit-list ever since. Time for another bookset methinks...

Happy this is being re-released.

Fenway Park

EF10 24 to be released by Kato in July. This is one of the group of EF10s that operated through the Kanmon Tunnel between Honshu and Kyushu. They were replaced by the EF30s in 1964. 

The model will be steel coloured. Is this a different version of the EF10 to the other tunnel locos as Kato have not mentioned any alternative numbers with the loco?

MA issued this loco some years ago. 

Looks like kato is re-releasing the Wamu 80000, and right after I just paid for some from buyee.  It never fails!  :)

• Like 1

I do HOPE Kato also re-release the motor chassis part for the 383 series at the same time, so I can motorize the 4-car add-on set to run alone....

My wishes are granted! Yeah!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10199847

Along with many other spare parts...

This is the motor chassis for the 4-car add-on set specifically, which means now I can run the 4-car set on it's own! Tasty!

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf

I grabbed both the 383 and 211 series... too good to resist... and too good to miss.... I do HOPE Kato also re-release the motor chassis part for the 383 series at the same time, so I can motorize the 4-car add-on set to run alone....

Looks like you are becoming a bit of a JR Tokai tragic there Sammy.

Looks like you are becoming a bit of a JR Tokai tragic there Sammy.

Yap... I seem to be becoming recently a JR Kyushu tragic too....

Dang...

Only 2 regions that still hasn't spark the flame, JR Shikoku and JR Hokkaido... Let's hope it keeps it that way...

Just announced; a very unexpected release in August: http://www.katomodels.com/product/poster/files/2017_7c.pdf

Tōkyū 7000 Series in the original 8-car formation. I wonder though if this will be a complete, all 8-car formation with just two cabs or separable set (2+6 or 4+4 formation)... What I do know is that this set will be amazing!

It seems it will be a 6+2 car formation with the motor car in a middle car (http://www.katomodels.com/n/tokyu7000/), which is a tiny bit disappointing, as it doesn't allow for easy modifications into 2-car formations. However, I do think that at some point in the future Kato will release the Tōkyū 7000 in a Ikegami/Tamagawa line 3-car formation, as weirdly this hasn't been released by Greenmax or a generally available Tomytec model! It's quite a big gap in the market, as these trains still run and are quite popular as well.

Edited by Kabutoni
  • Like 2
Das Steinkopf

Just announced; a very unexpected release in August: http://www.katomodels.com/product/poster/files/2017_7c.pdf

Tōkyū 7000 Series in the original 8-car formation. I wonder though if this will be a complete, all 8-car formation with just two cabs or separable set (2+6 or 4+4 formation)... What I do know is that this set will be amazing!

It seems it will be a 6+2 car formation with the motor car in a middle car (http://www.katomodels.com/n/tokyu7000/), which is a tiny bit disappointing, as it doesn't allow for easy modifications into 2-car formations. However, I do think that at some point in the future Kato will release the Tōkyū 7000 in a Ikegami/Tamagawa line 3-car formation, as weirdly this hasn't been released by Greenmax or a generally available Tomytec model! It's quite a big gap in the market, as these trains still run and are quite popular as well.

My wife wants to travel on the Ikegami Line when we are in Tokyo next month, I am likely to become a victim of the Tokyu Railway due to this. I had been eyeing of what stock was available at the moment as it would be a great way to make a small Tokyo based layout given how short the trains are. Since there isn't much stock available other than the 1000 Series unit 1017 in vintage livery by Greenmax it has kind of put me off, mind you at ¥17,000 for a 3 car set doesn't give me much enthusiasm either. That said if Kato is bringing out other trains that run on the line it could entice me to model it and perhaps lash out on the Greenmax unit as well.

I caved in an ordered another C12 after watching my video of C12 62 on the Mooka Railway in 2012.

You knew you wanted to get another one! :)

Cheers,

Mark.

My wife wants to travel on the Ikegami Line when we are in Tokyo next month, I am likely to become a victim of the Tokyu Railway due to this. I had been eyeing of what stock was available at the moment as it would be a great way to make a small Tokyo based layout given how short the trains are. Since there isn't much stock available other than the 1000 Series unit 1017 in vintage livery by Greenmax it has kind of put me off, mind you at ¥17,000 for a 3 car set doesn't give me much enthusiasm either. That said if Kato is bringing out other trains that run on the line it could entice me to model it and perhaps lash out on the Greenmax unit as well.

I regularly travel on the Ikegami line to get to friends and for business and I must say that every time it's a fun experience. All the tiny stations have a small and interesting shopping districts (I know the manager of the Yukigaya shopping district personally), and the atmosphere is usually very relaxed. The line is very modellable, though there aren't many models out there, which also surprises me. Given the big amount of people that use this line, the short trains and variety of rolling stock, relatively high income in the area, etcetera, you'd expect more than just the Greenmax 1000 Series and the handful of limited edition Tomytec models... I'm glad Kato is at least giving some hope of getting the old Budd models released (which are still running by the way in two different liveries).

"Legends Collection"

Oho? Is this Kato starting a High-Grade product line?

The legends collection is an already running series of models which features landmarks in design and technology for Japanese rolling stock. Other examples are the JNR 101, 581, 381, Odakyu NSE and Kintetsu 10100.

• Like 1

Not to be confused with the "leg ends collection", which is what you get when populating passenger coaches with cheap Chinese-made figures ;)

• Like 2
Nick_Burman

Wooo-hooo, Tokyu 7000...one of my favourites!

Cheers NB

I did wonder whether Roundhouse would release this, as Kato have 651系 versions of the Hitachi and Swallow Akagi services. Hopefully they will produce an accurate interior rather than just a fancy paint job on the old model. If so, I might be tempted.

It's also good to see the Hobby centre are producing an LED upgrade kit for the 651 as my current Super Hitachi has very dim headlights and my soldering ability is limited. Part 28-222

The Izu Craile 651 Series will have the KiHa 85 interior lights, which probably means the interior itself is overhauled (as per Model Train Plus via Facebook).