Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

Das Steinkopf

I could finally retire my fleet of 10 Koki 106 all with the same number or spread them out so they are not as noticeable.  You can never have too many Koki, to bad the longest train I have seen was 26 cars long ;)

That's why I purchased the Tomix 8703 Koki 106 with Tail Lights as they come with a decal sheet with 10 alternative car numbers,I did the same with the Koki 5000's and purchased a Tomix 8714 Koki 50000 with tail lights and 6 of the Kato 10-1393 Koki 50000's twin packs, I then renumbered 10 of the Kato cars and now have a fleet of 14 Koki 50000's including a Tomix 2742. I have a Tomix 8717 Koki 107 with tail lights on pre order but somehow I doubt that I will be in need of renumbering any Koki 107's in a hurry, but who knows I might get a little bit greedy.

• Like 1

That's why I purchased the Tomix 8703 Koki 106 with Tail Lights as they come with a decal sheet with 10 alternative car numbers,I did the same with the Koki 5000's and purchased a Tomix 8714 Koki 50000 with tail lights and 6 of the Kato 10-1393 Koki 50000's twin packs, I then renumbered 10 of the Kato cars and now have a fleet of 14 Koki 50000's including a Tomix 2742. I have a Tomix 8717 Koki 107 with tail lights on pre order but somehow I doubt that I will be in need of renumbering any Koki 107's in a hurry, but who knows I might get a little bit greedy.

Are they dry transfers or water slide decals?  I am not the greatest at installing dry transfers ;)

I am very tempted by the Koki 106/107 pack and of course the JOT UR19 containers.  I could finally retire my fleet of 10 Koki 106 all with the same number or spread them out so they are not as noticeable.  You can never have too many Koki, to bad the longest train I have seen was 26 cars long ;)

The original JNR container express was 25 cars, and it doesn't seem like they ever got much longer than that.  Getting more cars just means you can run northbound and southbound sections at the same time!   :)

Also I may have just bough 24 kokis please send help.

• Like 1

The men frommthe rubber train room are coming for you junior, just hold tight...

Jeff. ;-p

You can join the rest of us

Das Steinkopf

Are they dry transfers or water slide decals? I am not the greatest at installing dry transfers ;)

They are dry transfers that you rub on, the best way to fit them is to trim them neatly where there is only a small amount of the sheet above and below the decal and line it up properly before you apply pressure, I use a cotton bud to apply pressure, I start at a moderate level and then heavier once it has bonded, I then use a scalpel tip to gently remove the sheet.

Here is a picture of a sheet from a spare 8703 that I am thinking of selling, given that more Koki's with taillights are coming onto the market I have decided I only need one Koki 106 fitted with them and have a spare new one to dispose of.

post-3083-0-80932600-1496469495_thumb.jpg

Edited by Das Steinkopf

All these new Usui releases have me thinking, perhaps a Shinetsu themed layout could be fun.  I'll have to see what I can come up with in the next few days.  Maybe a section along the coast like near Ōmigawa and another for in the mountains, with something from Usui.

• Like 1

I need more Kokis like I need a hole in the head but the ten-pack will let me spread out my containers so I have some empty cars on freight trains. Also Kato timed this pretty well, from what I understand JRF is set to dispose of the remainder of their Koki-50000 fleet by the end of 2017 leaving only the 100 and 200-series. Would be nice if Kato also released a 10-car Koki-200 series with ISO tank containers...

Also I may have just bough 24 kokis please send help.

No need to send help, once you have 26 you have the longest container train JRF runs! Pretty sure they only pull 26 cars at a time. 

If you have one 26 car container train, then you can have 2 26 car container trains...

Jeff

• Like 1

If you have one 26 car container train, then you can have 2 26 car container trains...

Jeff

Plus you need spare kokis for ones freight yard.  So maybe 3x 26 kokis.  :evil4:

• Like 1

Also you don't want to be constantly swapping containers and risk snapping off the bits that hold them down...so there's another 26. 

• Like 1

That must be one super important and expensive container! Maybe it's filled with truffles?  :P

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf

Would be nice if Kato also released a 10-car Koki-200 series with ISO tank containers...

Having that many Koki 200's in a set is a bit of an overkill as given there was only 154 of them made it would be somewhat an over representation of the type. A 2 car set with ISO tank containers would be a nice addition though, or perhaps a mix of Koki 106's in Blue with Koki 200's.

• Like 1

A multi-pack of anything with ISO containers would be nice since they're pricey on their own, it's not so bad when you get the Koki with them too. 

I'm hoping that they bring out some actual photos of the Koki 106/107s to be released.  I'm tempted to switch to all Kato Kokis with Hogarakadou containers.  As the availability of 106s is better and the grey coupler is better, and then also knunckle coupler upgrade to Kato locos is good.  But it is a big cost to switch.  So picks first before pulling the trigger.

now that special E231-500 set is interesting!

I cant find any videos nor pictures of the actual train, but this looks really cute!

more of their merchandise here: http://www.san-x.co.jp/sumikko/campaign/train/2017/

I don't have a full colored livery Yamanote set yet, so this might seriously excite me!

Update: now that I read carefully, it seems that service has not yet began but will only begin on 17th July 2017 till 1st of August 2017, something like a special run and a special livery...

運行期間:2017年7月17日(月)~8月1日(火)

This makes it all the more interesting! Only the middle car art is out, the front is still in design stage... I wanna see how the headmark looks like...

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 3

Kato is reissuing the 14-501-2 Chicken Ramen pocket line 2-car tram set. This tram is based on a prototype wrap than ran in Nagasaki and Kumamoto City several years ago. HS didn't carry this tram the first time. But I found it available for reservation on Model Train Plus.

Mine is reserved.

http://www.katomodels.com/product/poster/files/2017_11.jpg

https://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/pre-order/products/pre-order-kato-14-501-2-pocket-line-tram-chicken-ramen-2-car-set

Nagasaki

Kumamoto City

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 3

Possible new releases from Kato for worldwide models:

Superliner II Transition Sleeper Amtrak Pha... Kato USA N Scale、1/150 Passenger Car

E5A CB&Q with Red Nose Stripes #9911A Si... Kato USA N Scale、1/160 Diesel Locomotive

E5A CB&Q with Red Nose Stripes #9912A (M... Kato USA N Scale、1/160 Diesel Locomotive

Amtrak Autorack Phase V Four Car Set #3 (4-... Kato USA N Scale、1/160 Freight Car

Amtrak Autorack Phase V Four Car Set #4 (4-... Kato USA N Scale、1/160 Freight Car

Amtrak Autorack Phase III Four Car Set #1... Kato USA N Scale、1/160 Freight Car

Amtrak Autorack Phase III Four Car Set #2... Kato USA N Scale、1/160 Freight Car

Christmas Train (2016) F40PH/ Gallery Bi-L... Kato USA N Scale、1/... Locomotive、...

California Zepher Passenger Car (Silver/Blac... Kato USA N Scale、1/160 Passenger Car

Christmas Train (2016) Gallery Bi-Level Car ... Kato USA N Scale、1/160 Passenger Car

Amtrak Superliner Passenger Car Phase IVb, ... Kato USA N Scale、1/160 Passenger Car

Amtrak Superliner Passenger Car Phase IVb, ... Kato USA N Scale、1/160 Passenger Car

Amtrak Superliner Phase III, 4-Car Set A ... Kato USA N Scale、1/160 Passenger Car

Amtrak Superliner Phase III, 4-Car Set B ... Kato USA N Scale、1/160 Passenger Car

Step Down Coach and Baggage Car Amtrak Phas... Kato USA N Scale、1/160 Passenger Car