Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

Off to google I go.

edit//  All I'm finding is the green regular ones.  My google-fu is bad on this one.  Help?

Edited by katoftw
Das Steinkopf

I'm keen to see what the new Koki 104 2 car set looks like, I hope it's an entirely new model this time with the steps fitted to it as well as being in the right shade of blue compared to the last ones that they brought out, it would have been nice if they were being released earlier than May as I will be leaving Japan on the 24th of April and I would have liked to have picked them up whilst I am over there.        

New releases from Kato hot from the oven:

http://www.katomodels.com/product/poster/files/2017_4b.jpg

http://www.katomodels.com/product/poster/files/2017_5.jpg

YES! I am screaming with joy at that Musashino line! The long wait is finally over!

interesting release on that Kiha-110 in bright Orange JNR colour... and the re-release of the E217... together with the E2-2000 in older Tusbasa colour.. I think the E3-2000 old colour was missing from Kato's roster?

I was hoping they would do re-release of E3-1000... :(

which one are you looking for? white w/green accents?

I think the plug door full skirt variant without toilet windows in the common green paint.

• Like 1

I was hoping they would do re-release of E3-1000... :(

If I remember correctly, Kato made an announcement when they put out the E3-2000 that they would not be producing the E3-1000 again.

This says to me that they may have irreversibly modified the E3-1000 mould to produce the E3-2000.

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf

If I remember correctly, Kato made an announcement when they put out the E3-2000 that they would not be producing the E3-1000 again.

This says to me that they may have irreversibly modified the E3-1000 mould to produce the E3-2000.

That or the E3-1000 mould is utterly shagged and is no longer fit for use.

Oh so only the running numbers are incorrect then?  The units themselves are correct.

Sounds like an easy fix, assuming decals are available. I'd be surprised if no one offers the numbers and seal.

Gordon Werner

I think the plug door full skirt variant without toilet windows in the common green paint.

Sounds like an easy fix, assuming decals are available. I'd be surprised if no one offers the numbers and seal.

yeah ... that's the one I was referring to

Well, now it's more difficult to get their E3-1000... need to look for the good 2nd hand one..

BTW, what's the different between E3-1000 and E3-2000 besides their head/tail lights? any specific difference on their intermediate cars, say, windows arrangement?

Edited by Robert46
Martijn Meerts

It'll probably be Kato European pricing... Still cheaper than similar Fleischmann, Minitrix, etc, but unlikely as cheap as a Japanese prototype train.

I do wonder why Kato picked a European train to start with all wheel pickup though.

• Like 1

I do wonder why Kato picked a European train to start with all wheel pickup though.

I don't think Kato picked but Lemke ordered.

It seems like they want to bring a proper product compared to the rather terrible ICE 3 models by Arnold and Minitrix.

Edited by Suica

Considering Minitrix managed to get the roofs of the Nohab-s completly wrong, while Kato got it right and Fleischmann couldn't make a 3 axle bogie with 3 powered axles, while Kato could, i would say it's rather easy for them to get it right.

Edited by kvp
  • Like 1

Unfortunately the German N community doesn't seem to be that overwhelmed because they:

a )  don't know the difference between Hobbytrain and Kato (Which are both distributed by Lemke)

b )  prefer unprototypical metal pantographs

c )  generally live in the past

Edited by Suica
  • Like 6