Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

Yes, but its not there! Wonder what happened with the license on this car. Last summer mr kato said it was NOT happening to one of our club members at JAM...

jeff

Maybe the Emperor is a closet model railroader and wanted one for his E655. :grin

I think it was meant for 2014 anyway.

Cheers NB

The page it was on in this year's catalog has 2013 in big numbers at the top, just as the page it was on in last year had 2012.

I've read that before as well.. I just think it's weird that pretty much all pictures show it being pretty much brown. On the picture of the imperial car though, you can clearly see the purple as well...

I really shouldn't be buying any more stuff though, apart from track, decoders, turnout decoders and occupancy detectors... Have to get something to run the things on first =)

oh come on you know you want it! it does turn brown to purple depending on the light and sparkles with some if the light is right. pearlescence!

jeff

Maybe the Emperor is a closet model railroader and wanted one for his E655. :grin

This emperor did want to be more of the people! what better than one of the big national hobbies! Just think of the layout the Emporor could command!

jeff

Yes, but its not there! Wonder what happened with the license on this car. Last summer mr kato said it was NOT happening to one of our club members at JAM...

jeff

Yeah but that's why they didn't put the Imperial mark there, they didn't get a license for that which makes sense to me.

Martijn Meerts
 oh come on you know you want it! it does turn brown to purple depending on the light and sparkles with some if the light is right. pearlescence!

jeff

If I could, I would've had at least 1 of every Japanese train released in both N and H0... Unfortunately, I don't have the space for that :)

(and not the money either come to think of it :D)

Guest Closed Account 1

Kato Kobo released a collectible USA Amtrak Pacific Parlour Car named "Santa Lucia Highlands", July26th and they sold out in hours.

Available only on the Amtrak Store site Item #184229.

Other sites may have bought some to sell at an increased price. Kato #156-0950.

Mine arrived today. The Kato Amtrak train to pull it will be here tomorrow.

post-398-0-68605800-1375388799_thumb.png

Edited by Webskipper

Update on the emperor's car: it's coming out for JAM and not for the Matsuya Ginza show (confirmed it yesterday). Don't worry though, I'll visit JAM the 18th this month!

Any word if it is going to available for general release or do those who don't go to JAM miss out?  I'm sure Kato could sell one to everyone who bought an E655.

Darklighter
Update on the emperor's car: it's coming out for JAM and not for the Matsuya Ginza show (confirmed it yesterday). Don't worry though, I'll visit JAM the 18th this month!

Are you sure? According to this announcement https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=342208509242366&set=a.124737854322767.22882.101300609999825&type=1&relevant_count=1 it is sold at the "Model Railroad Contest 2013" event (2013.8.23.-24.).

• Like 1
Are you sure? According to this announcement https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=342208509242366&set=a.124737854322767.22882.101300609999825&type=1&relevant_count=1 it is sold at the "Model Railroad Contest 2013" event (2013.8.23.-24.).

Aaah! I misunderstood it. I was there with a bit of beer in my blood and distracted by the new MicroAce models too much. :P

Another event to visit then!

And that probably means it won't be available from dealers.

I'm taking bets that Kato will soon rerun the E655 with the car and anyone who wants it will have to buy a full new set.

New Kato Analog Sound Box

(video)

Sound chip is outside the locomotive. No Decoders required.

That. I need it.

I hope they'll come with a classic (gear driven) and modern EMU sound. The motor sound might not be as loud, but the air releasing, door sounds, horns etc. will do for me. I also love the feedback the sound gives according to the speed of the engine and not the setting of the controller!

I wonder if the containers will be easy to reprogram :3

P.s. A good friend I visited yesterday got his hands on a E233 Yamanote Anniversary train. It's a badass thing it is. Worth the price, I don't know... It's not really my thing.

post-188-0-17875900-1375493125_thumb.jpg

Edited by Toni Babelony
Kato Kobo released a collectible USA Amtrak Pacific Parlour Car named "Santa Lucia Highlands", July26th and they sold out in hours.

Available only on the Amtrak Store site Item #184229.

Other sites may have bought some to sell at an increased price. Kato #156-0950.

Mine arrived today. The Kato Amtrak train to pull it will be here tomorrow.

Amtrak Store out of stock... :(

Mudkip Orange
I'm taking bets that Kato will soon rerun the E655 with the car and anyone who wants it will have to buy a full new set.

I figured they'd do that when I first read that the initial release wasn't going to have it...

Aaah! I misunderstood it. I was there with a bit of beer in my blood and distracted by the new MicroAce models too much. :P

Another event to visit then!

If you plan to pick one up, I'll pay you good money to have you snag one and ship it too me!
 According to this announcement https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=342208509242366&set=a.124737854322767.22882.101300609999825&type=1&relevant_count=1 it is sold at the "Model Railroad Contest 2013" event (2013.8.23.-24.).

Its a special commemorative issue. N gauge information says there is a limit of 5 per person, price is 3000 Yen  and once the stock is gone there will be no more.   Which is a very typical Japanese special commemorative issue. Better be early--half of Japan may be there!

Edited by bill937ca

If I can get my hands on them, I'll buy a bunch (depending on my finances at the time, since I want to get some stuff at the JAM the week before that event, if any), but I can't promise anything... It'll be busy busy busy. And I don't like busy busy busy that much... Anyway, I'll try ;)

Its a special commemorative issue. N gauge information says there is a limit of 5 per person, price is 3000 Yen  and once the stock is gone there will be no more.   Which is a very typical Japanese special commemorative issue. Better be early--half of Japan may be there!

May be typical but I don't get their logic for making it so limited, I'm sure everyone who bought the E655 set would happily part with 3000 yen for one.