What did you order or the post deliver? (HO and other scales)

bikkuri bahn

I think/hope the Tenshodo power bogies and Endo pantograph for the 205 are now on the way, along with the detailing kit for the EF81. I say hope as I asked Hobbysearch to wait until the end of the month (as that should allow all to be posted at once) but I've just had the email from DHL.

Edited by Welshbloke

HS doesn’t do that. If you want that kind of personal services, you need to switch to a smaller retailer, like MTP or RGR 🙂 

Uhh, they do...

You just select "monthly despatch" or whatever the option is. They'll send everything released in the same month as one parcel that way. Now had the HS email and it has all the items listed.

Sorry, when you wrote "I asked", I read it as if you had wrote them an email asking for them to wait. Hence my comment. It would never have read that you had selected the monthly dispatch option in those words 🙂 

Again, this is not quite N scale, but it is so cute:

IMG_8014.thumb.JPG.012d7b177d1e23aea7c96ac8cea5536e.JPG

An LGB Gnomy 970 tramcar, found at Hobby Land Pochi for ¥800. How could I say no to that?

Quick background here; Gnomy was a push-along toy series made by LGB up until 2006, I haven't seen anything to suggest the range was continued after Märklin brought them out. Apart from a few road vehicles (double decker bus, lorry, van, small car and a balloon-powered tugboat) the range was mostly railway dominated with the classic Stainz 0-4-0WT, one coach and three goods wagons, plus a caboose and the individually available tram and trailer making up the majority of the range.

I was given some of these by my parents in my early teens and still have them today, although the boxes for the passenger and goods sets I once had have since gone missing and were likely thrown away. My sisters had the majority of the road vehicles and one had the tram and trailer, although I've since inherited them (read: they don't want them anymore). It's nice to find a Gnomy model after so long, it needs a clean and the lyra current collector on the roof needs a derust, but otherwise it's perfect.

And how does this relate to model railroading? Apparently these scale out somewhere close to O16.5, I briefly saw photos of some that a modeler had converted to run on that track gauge, not that mine will do so, thank you very much.

Alastair

I remember seeing those in LGB catalogues, don't think I ever found any in the plastic though.

I've been persuading the Aclass 205 series to accept the Tenshodo bogies which arrived yesterday. One end of the MoHa 205 is mostly done (needs fine adjustment and the mounting arm fixing permanently), the other still needs the hole in the floor. The instructions were rather coy about the sideframes, but I worked out how to fix the Tenshodo L-brackets to the kit parts by cutting away the tab which Aclass intended to plug into the bogie crossmember and then using copious gel superglue.

The EF81 detailing kit is, as yet, unopened. Want to get the 205 sorted first!

Not sure why, but I've ordered and received a new Toma Model Works #1121 HOn30 Porter 0-4-0 saddle tank kit, Fluted domes, RTR drive chassis.  Looks like I might be playing with HON30 trains. I might have to build a new engine shed in HO scale now. I've been quite inspired by this layout lately. Very small modules, only 200mm deep.

Shipping took only five days door to door.

Cheers eh,

Todd

• Haha 1
Martijn Meerts

Some new things arrived...

image.png

Now I just need to learn how to not get distracted by everything, so I can actually build these (and all the other kits I have ...)

• Like 1

This will be a very nice locomotive. It used to be based in Wakamatsu which is named on the side of the box. I believe  it had smoke deflectors fitted in the early 1970s. 

The 8620s are nice looking locos and this one ran through my wife’s hometown in Kyushu as it was based just up the line.  I managed to find a few photos of this particular engine with and without deflectors. 

Martijn Meerts

The kit doesn't come with smoke deflectors, but RG-Rokko managed to order them separately from IMON, so I have the option to build it with or without deflectors.

My C55-57 kit is actually also a Wakamatsu based loco, so this 8620 fits right in.

• Like 1

It finally arrived

039.thumb.JPG.7310d219182c0b886fd5390c639caed5.JPG

And Border Force didn't like it

040.thumb.JPG.d628fe8448c04dd403e169ba367e8547.JPG

and it's the version 2 of 2-840, all the others I have of this type are the first version. Don't they have some issues when being used for DCC?

• Like 1

Have you had a go at converting your shinkansens using the Tamiya Mini 4WD motors? They fit without modification, you just need to take the pinion gear off the original and put on the new motor. Definitely gives them a more realistic difference in speed to your regular trains.

Today I found the add-on set for my Zoukei-Mura SHINKANSEN 0 SERIES SRS001-02 for 100€ less than at our German shops or 150€ less compared to Amazon. I deeply hope the Belgian shop will be as good as all the entries in some model kit related communities told. So I will be able to make an 8 car consist with first (1x), second class (2x) and a buffet (35). The only disadvantage is that the prototypical "every second car with catenary pickup" will not work as the set has 2 tyoe 35-cars without pickup. Additional cars would make the train longer than my layout could handle. And the available add on car type 26 has motor (expensive).

The information Ihave got is not quite clear. It might that the type 16 car has a motor or not, depending on the source. In case it has no motor I think I'll sell one type 35 and buy a single type 26 to prototypical pair it with the 35 and leave just one buffet in the train as it had been in the later runs of Shinkansen (if the sources didn't lie).

Edited by al camino
  • Like 1

Preordered some of the recently announced Kato HO Hokutosei coaches to complete a short Yume Kukkan consist. 

1x Mani 24 500

2x Ohane 25 0

1 x Ohanefu 25 200

I will still need to locate a Orone 25 500 and Orohane 25 500 from the original range of coaches. These seem to be out of stock so hopefully I can find on the used market. 

Edited by Kamome

My Yume Kukan now will run behind the series 14 coaches.

I had to avoid ordering more coaches. Rolling stock storage is full.

It will not be the original consist but nearly. I had these coaches not yet set to a specific train.

They just were here - proably waiting for this service.

The OHAFU15 is necessary to allow the face-to-face setting I like.

grafik.thumb.png.f64cdb74e0545da4b237c76b16e7c507.png

Towing engine probably will be the bright red KATO EF81 Hokutosei - also a compromise as I have no EF65 1000 (and should not order more).

• Like 1

What I did NOT order:

The lovely EF55 1 (brass kit by World Kogei).

It was hard. I withstand last time and now they offered a re run.

Really hard.

But without having built my freight car brass kits until now I should withstand.

Good boy!

43 minutes ago, al camino said:

My Yume Kukan now will run behind the series 14 coaches.

I had to avoid ordering more coaches.

Yes I am weak. The Mani 24 500 was a must. The 2x Ohane 25 0 were probably a bit frivolous as I already have a good number of JNR era ones for a full length Tsurugi/Nihonkai service. I will scrutinise how different the model is, if at all, once they arrive. The same goes for the Ohanefu 25 200. Again I have a JNR one on my Fuji service so predict Kato might just print a JR logo on the side. As it’s a new model number, I hope they include any subtle changes made to the coaches after privatisation.

I decided to choose the shortest 25 series Yume Kukkan consist on the diagram as like you, I really don’t need any more coaches, especially blue train.

Edited by Kamome

Big disappointment!

I just got my 3 KUMU 1000 by Tomix (HO741 & set HO9081) and 2 Hino Day Cabs, Seino and Kurume.

A local dealer had made a discount on the KUMUs plus one free Hino Truck.

The KUMUs were cheaper than from Japan, the Truck a few cent higher, but considering a 50% discount on 2 trucks.

When vomparing prices always with postage and tax in mind!

Wit opening the boxes I saw the 3 KUMUs wer a little different, just as I like it.

But what is with the trucks?

Awful thick door panels visible by the window insert done like in the late 70ies by Wiking.

Watch the ultra thick side glasses visible through the wildshield. Bah! Awful!

And - far more "interesting": The Hino Day Cabs seem to be drive by wire or remote controlled.

Tomix did not manage to give the truck a steering wheel. And these trucks were not really the cheapest ones.

The only way to save Tomix reputation is if someone who knows will explain that the steering wheels had to be removed while truck rides with out driver inside on the KUMU 1000.

I was disappointed and decided to leave my KUMUs loaded with only 2 trucks. Only if I could get another Hino for free with another order at this shop. But I should noct order so much as written above.

DSC_7479.JPG

Edited by al camino
new image, amended the thick side glasses in text

Zoukei-Mura SHINKANSEN 0 SERIES SRS001-02 came today. Sealed box. Nothing to complain except a small scratch in one of the golden door frames. But in original sealed box. So not a problem with the belgian shop. I am happy with it. Always exciting when buying something not from home country for the first time.

These 4 cars are not motorized. I will sell one 35 car and then order a 26(M) SRS001-04 to make an 8 car train with catenary on every second car.

Anyone who needs a 35 buffet for his Shinkansen? Just send a PM.

DSC_7482.JPG

Well I'm back at it with the HO stuff.

Haven't uploaded in a while but here's some of the recent 

Zokeimura EF13. Love the crocodiles

20230912_220929.thumb.jpg.99baa7fb6d77e4872173e26023f27be8.jpg

Kato DE10. Have since weathered and put in ESU Lok 5

20230818_234958.thumb.jpg.fe6ab278e8e6331b0d10a5303bb90958.jpg

This lot of wonderful cars.

Paid 200 USD for them, and wow was it a deal. 2 Aclass Wamu and 4 BRASS hobby model Toras. The other 3 are Kato Wamu 9000s and most likely a plastic hobby model, but still. Unexpected gold as none of that was listed on the auction 

i-img1200x900-1690114108mcurug15.thumb.jpg.5307f47deb3882bb8de57e14bc36fe12.jpg

And last but certainly not least these Kato Hokis that I weathered, added the numbers and detail parts to. I used to think these looked plasticity and cheep but it's a wonder what a pin wash and some light weathering will do for a model

IMG_20230912_223234_867.thumb.jpg.9b358ea2d8d922cc172ff505f8c05c3a.jpg

• Like 3

Received 4 more Tomix Koki 104s with Yamato Ta-Q-Bin 40ft containers.

IMG_1926.thumb.jpeg.2d31e48e94b74968227f7ad8d3c757e7.jpeg

I have already processed the numbering and painted yellow handrail on the handbrake side.

IMG_1901.thumb.jpeg.08ae2ca14b155f11e771540632a5ba46.jpeg

Seem to have way more 40ft than 20s although I have also ordered some 40ft Runtec Reefer containers from Model Icon, due in October.

IMG_1927.thumb.jpeg.474d59e2c68cf40cd2aee9a45794c3e5.jpeg

IMG_1928.thumb.jpeg.1072e3d2d23115ea63687d2948d32023.jpeg

May need to look at getting more 20fts and looking forward to some Iso Tanks from Tomix in Jan 2024. 

• Like 2

Received a used (but unused) Tomix HO Naha 10 (11) from a seller on Mercari. 

Still need to find a couple of others to create a short, non-blue train type Kyushu formation in the latter part of the JNR era to be pulled by ED76/DF50IMG_2078.thumb.jpeg.bd3cd4246f8b0bca9149d33f110ed40a.jpeg

Details and decals were unused but now added. 

So far the formation stands at: Oyu 12, Nahafu 11, Oro 11, Naha 11, Nahafu 11. Just need a couple more Nahas but also wondering whether coaches like Oha 47s were thrown into the mix. 

IMG_2075.thumb.jpeg.0ef6302866c621c5358babde56ac5759.jpeg

Edited by Kamome
shadowtiger25

Got a replacement part in today for my Tenshodo C62-2. 

After trying to repair and find a replacement for the JST connector for the plug from the tender to the loco for months, I reached out to Tenshodo and after way to much back and forth I got the part shipped as well as a preorder for their new run of the brass C62-2 Hokkaido style.

But with that part in today then the Die-cast one I have will live a little longer