What did you order or the post deliver? (HO and other scales)

bikkuri bahn

I have quite a fascination with the minor railways and one man car's to be found in Japan so was pleased to receive this in the post  

post-73-0-99068500-1426611129_thumb.jpg

I've no idea how i'm going to DCC it though!

• Like 1

I have quite a fascination with the minor railways and one man car's to be found in Japan so was pleased to receive this in the post  

attachicon.gif20150317_142842.jpg

I've no idea how i'm going to DCC it though!

I'm a bit of a railbus fan, too. Who made the model?

Thanks for that, I've never come across that site before. I think I can work out how to order (using google translate), have you ordered anything from there?

I've ordered from him several times.  Basically you email him your order setting out your method of payment but don't include your credit card details because he then emails you a link to a secure site to make payment.

• Like 1

No worries Ken, there's also this thread:

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/3104-nanbu-jyukan-railway/?p=34568

According to "Japan By Rail", the Nambu Jukan Rly was opened in 1962, and ran freight trains until 1984. The first 5.6km from Noheji to Nishi-Chibiki was originally the JNR Tohoku main line until the JNR relocated the line in 1968.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1

I've ordered from him several times.  Basically you email him your order setting out your method of payment but don't include your credit card details because he then emails you a link to a secure site to make payment.

Thanks for the info, I've bookmarked the site and will put in an order sometime soon. Cheers.

This railway isn't easy to search for information about using English!

I first found out about it in an ad for a video in an issue of Japan Railfan Magazine I bought on a trip in 1994.  I thought the train in the ad looked interesting so I found out where it was by comparing Japanese print in the ad to place names on the JR timetable map and went for a ride on it during my next trip in 1996.  Luckily I did because it closed about six months later.

• Like 3

I thought the train in the ad looked interesting so I found out where it was by comparing Japanese print in the ad to place names on the JR timetable map and went for a ride on it during my next trip in 1996.

I'm not old enough to imagine a world without google. Research before the mid 90s was real research. haha

The internet was still going live in my final years of high school in the mid 90s.  Remember when 256kb speeds was awesome? haha

Edited by katoftw

LOL

Early 70s in jr high for me was 300 baud acoustic couple (you stuck the phone handset into 2 rubber gaskets on the modem).

Talking to the main frame with 4k of ram with a command line interface that made dos look like the Mac os! 8k of storage on the main frame was huge and anything else had to go onto paper punch roll (luckily paper tape had jsut replaced punch cards as my few experiences with those was not fun!). The mainframe had 3 modems so you could talk to two other people thur a shared text board. It was like talking on a ham radio!

Amazing within a few years I had one of the first pcs (Sinclair z80) that had 32k ram and more processing power than the old school district mainframe that was using magnetic core memory and it only cost $200!

Miss the old arpanet, so much more civilized.

Feel like an old fart.

Jeff

• Like 1

LOL

Early 70s in jr high for me was 300 baud acoustic couple (you stuck the phone handset into 2 rubber gaskets on the modem).

Talking to the main frame with 4k of ram with a command line interface that made dos look like the Mac os! 8k of storage on the main frame was huge and anything else had to go onto paper punch roll (luckily paper tape had jsut replaced punch cards as my few experiences with those was not fun!). The mainframe had 3 modems so you could talk to two other people thur a shared text board. It was like talking on a ham radio!

Amazing within a few years I had one of the first pcs (Sinclair z80) that had 32k ram and more processing power than the old school district mainframe that was using magnetic core memory and it only cost $200!

Miss the old arpanet, so much more civilized.

Feel like an old fart.

Jeff

Even this era was not that bad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UUNET :)

I started with 9600 baud

Edited by Melandir

Unless they've repainted it since I was there a year ago the colour of the first one looks a bit off.

post-182-0-03803800-1427335708_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm trying to decide which one I want to build - I have all four sets of decals coming, I'm thinking either the yellow "firefly" or the green "kingfisher" one.

The pink car is listed as using Greenmax Color No.38 "JR Red No.14" on HS - I've been looking for a representation of this and the other colors online.  In reality what I'll probably do is simply match using locally available paints to photos I find on the web, it won't be exact but will be close enough for me.

Unless they've repainted it since I was there a year ago the colour of the first one looks a bit off.

attachicon.gifDSC01604.JPG

Was this taken on the bridge aross the river and road entering Nishikichō Station?

Was this taken on the bridge aross the river and road entering Nishikichō Station?

Yes.  We had a couple of hours there so I walked down to the bridge to photograph the next train arriving.  Between last year's visit and 2011 I've ridden all the cars except the yellow one, I suppose I have to have a reason to go back some day.

I didn't realise the models came unpainted so you could pick a more accurate colour.

• Like 1
shadowtiger25

After months of trying to get my new C62 repaired, the new drive gear finally came in yesterday and is now installed. Hopefully I can have some pics and a video of it up soon

• Like 1

Found a Kato Odakyu HiSe 10000 type on buyee and acquired it for about 8000 yen. Can finally piece together the set I have and fix it up to get it running like new again! Still not sure if I want to sell or keep.

Nate